Gil
sportsczy
Abramovich
Mr Nick09
RealGunner
68 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: World Cup 14 Squads Discussion

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri May 23, 2014 7:24 pm

If only Tim Ream could have stayed fit. Having him at LB would have been fantastic. Would have let Fabian Johnson be able to play LM like Klinsmann prefers him to play.

I just hope to god O. Gonzalez doesn't play a minute. He is horrible.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: World Cup 14 Squads Discussion

Post by McAgger Fri May 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Sturridge, Sterling, Hendo, and Ox hanging out. Ox making fun of Studger's dance celebration.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/05/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-steals-unimpressed-daniel-sturridges-dance-moves/
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 23, 2014 7:27 pm

I would of taken Donavan over Green tbh. Yes, I get it, Green is young and the experience will be great for him, but Donovan is clutch as shit. Even if not starting, I would of brought him in off the bench. I'm sure he would of stepped his game up at the Cup.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 25, 2014 12:27 am

Marcelo and Neymar will light up the WC
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun May 25, 2014 12:51 am

Valkyrja wrote:Marcelo and Neymar will light up the WC

There's huge pressure on Neymar to deliver. Might be a bit too much.

If Di Maria performs like he did tonight, then I think he may have a great tournament.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun May 25, 2014 2:04 am

Top 5 teams in the WC
1. Spain
2. Brazil
3. Argentina
4. Germany
5. Belgium
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 25, 2014 2:26 am

speaking about marcelo, i just realized that our best defender,TS, is the only defender in our entire squad, including back-ups, that didnt win CL Laughing (not counting that scrub Henrique)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 25, 2014 2:38 am

Laughing, and he always looks shaky in CL, remember that milan vs arsenal? or vs chelsea? Laughing

i think he just isnt used to games at that rhythm and to playing attackers of that level. He plays scrubs all year in france, and in the late rounds in CL it's a lot different.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun May 25, 2014 11:20 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Laughing, and he always looks shaky in CL, remember that milan vs arsenal? or vs chelsea? Laughing

or that psg vs barça last year? .. oh wait  Surprised 
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 25, 2014 1:52 pm

he always performed in CL tbh.the only time i remember him being shaky was vs Arsenal when they destroyed us at the Emirates(i have to take a laugh at RVP every time i remember that match).He had like 3 motm performances vs Barca and I thought he was great vs Chelsea, that penalty on oscar was some diving bs.I didn't follow him in the past group stages though.

he still has a chance with PSG, they are getting stronger year after year.They are like the Daenerys of football lel
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 25, 2014 5:32 pm

A Brazilian artist made some pretty awesome country-specific posters for each team.

Here's Team USA's

World Cup 14 Squads Discussion - Page 17 ESPNCOM14591_Posters_USA-284x426

Here's the link to the rest - http://espnmediazone.com/us/photos/galleries/2014/05/02/2014-fifa-world-cup-international-posters/#photo-12
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 25, 2014 6:54 pm

The_Badger wrote:
If Di Maria performs like he did tonight, then I think he may have a great tournament.

He will, he always performs brilliantly for Argentina its one of the reasons i rate him so highly. Even when the entire Madrid section on this board( apart from Hala Laughing ) hated him i always defended him because he was performing like a Ribery/Robben hybrid for Argentina.

I don't expect his performance level to drop for them suddenly, in any case we all know what Argentina's problem is and i still expect that problem to rear its ugly head at some point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun May 25, 2014 7:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The_Badger wrote:

He will, he always performs brilliantly for Argentina its one of the reasons i rate him so highly. Even when the entire Madrid section on this board( apart from Hala Laughing) hated him i always defended him because he was performing like a Ribery/Robben hybrid for Argentina.

I don't expect his performance level to drop for them suddenly, in any case we all know what Argentina's problem is and i still expect that problem to rear its ugly head at some point.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t23680-is-angel-di-maria-currently-the-best-wideman-in-the-game

Proud
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 25, 2014 7:24 pm

McLewis wrote:A Brazilian artist made some pretty awesome country-specific posters for each team.
While the artwork is indeed amazing, I would have preferred they wouldn't have used "Die Mannschaft" and that font for Germany -_-'
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 25, 2014 7:46 pm

rwo power wrote:
McLewis wrote:A Brazilian artist made some pretty awesome country-specific posters for each team.
While the artwork is indeed amazing, I would have preferred they wouldn't have used "Die Mannschaft" and that font for Germany -_-'

lol that's what I was always wondering - where do get people from outside Germany get the idea from our national team would be called "Die Mannschaft"?!
I havent heard this used EVER by anyone German.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 25, 2014 8:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:lol that's what I was always wondering - where do get people from outside Germany get the idea from our national team would be called "Die Mannschaft"?!
I havent heard this used EVER by anyone German.
You don't know how long I've been trying to educate foreigners that "Die Mannschaft" only means "the crew" or "the team" and actually sounds more like you are talking about the crew of a ship or an airplane or so.

Okay folks - it should be either "Nationalmannschaft" (which still is rather broad as it could be the icehockey national team or any other sports team, too), or more precise the "Fußballnationalmannschaft" (although I would like to see how many tongues would be twisted by non-German speakers using that) or to make it simple just "Nationalelf" (=National 11) or "DFB-Elf" (= DFB 11) or even "DFB-Auswahl" (=DFB selection). I mean, they use Elftal for the Dutch, too, why not Nationalelf for the German team?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 25, 2014 8:41 pm

...and the artwork there in the link really looks more like the cover artwork of an album by a Nazi rock group called "Die Mannschaft" rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun May 25, 2014 8:56 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant when I commented on "that font" XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 25, 2014 9:01 pm

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10306261_461634287314648_3789590061508777109_n.jpg

So both Januzaj and Origi are confirmed to go to Brazil. One of Casteels or Bossut will be cut.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun May 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Surely Thorgan Hazard should be going to the world cup? He was named best player in Belgium, i know Belgium league but still.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Gil wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The_Badger wrote:

He will, he always performs brilliantly for Argentina its one of the reasons i rate him so highly. Even when the entire Madrid section on this board( apart from Hala Laughing) hated him i always defended him because he was performing like a Ribery/Robben hybrid for Argentina.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t23680-is-angel-di-maria-currently-the-best-wideman-in-the-game

Proud

One of the first replies on there agreeing with you Proud

We knew Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 25, 2014 9:47 pm

Gil and a Belgian collegue of mine have gotten me single-handledy interested in Belgian football and talent
I happen to like the Belgian league as it's quite competitive and full of hidden gems, along with some quality football. Anderlecht would have to be my favourite yet that is mostly out of my current ignorance.

Love this current generation players as well. They are trained like the Dutch except aren't one-footed, brainless, predictable and limited. #Zing

Big fans of Dries Mertens, Courtois, Mignolet, Janusaj and of course, Eden Hazard.

Since Gil accurately described Eden's younger brother Thorgan, I will be closely watching him out of pure interest and hopefully one of two of my clubs will get him for his talent and the inevitably epic Eden-Thorgan comparisons. Hopefully Chelsea will be kind.

Also pondering the make a separate Belgian thread to which hopefully will have more suitors than just Gil and I.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Mole, have you kissed the ring? hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun May 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Anderlecht would have to be my favourite yet that is mostly out of my current ignorance.

Another club for you to support and claim to be an expert on, Arq? rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 25, 2014 10:01 pm

So Benteke's injury that serious Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun May 25, 2014 10:25 pm

The_Badger wrote:
Anderlecht would have to be my favourite yet that is mostly out of my current ignorance.

Another club for you to support and claim to be an expert on, Arq? rofl

Once you fine-tune your comprehension skills or your brail keyboard for that matter, only then you may read the quoted sentence again and report back to me from the circus in which you reside.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next