The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread

+77
Zagadka
phenom
Winter is Coming
Luca
chemicalboy99
Blue Barrett
juve_gigi
Firenze
messixaviesta
Katy Perry
windkick
breva
zigra
rincon
Lucifer
shamr9pato
Myesyats
El Gunner
Curtinho
Glory
CBarca
futbol
Sri
Red Alert
Beautiful Football
salmano9
Kick
S
DeviAngel
fatman123
huntsman
Andrew
dostoevsky
BeautifulGame
TenMenWonTheLeague
vivabarca38
The_Badger
donttreadonred
Jay29
Raptorgunner
VendettaRed07
halamadrid2
Art Morte
ExtremistEnigma
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
RedOranje
Guiltybystander
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Casciavit
McLewis
Kaladin
iftikhar
farfan
Zealous
Motogp69
rwo power
The Franchise
Lex
Onyx
Forza
McAgger
DeletedUser#1
B-Mac
Doc
Mr Nick09
jibers
juvealbanian
Busby Babe
BarrileteCosmico
urbaNRoots
Tomwin Lannister
Robespierre
Arquitecto
M99
EL Patron
RealGunner
81 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread

Post by M99 Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Jurgen Klopp says there are "1000 reasons" for him to stay at Borussia Dortmund and reject the advances of Manchester United.

The German coach has been repeatedly linked with the role at Old Trafford since the departure of David Moyes on Monday, but Klopp dismissed the speculation, adding that he has had no contact from the United hierarchy.

"It's a bit uncomfortable to give someone a rejection if no request has come,” said Klopp, talking to a press conference. “But it must indeed be made apparent anyway.”

Klopp, who coached Mainz before taking over at Dortmund in 2008, signed a new contract in October that commits him to the club until 2018, and the 46-year-old was clear-cut about his future despite labelling Manchester United as a “really great club”.

“There are about 1000 reasons why I am super happy to work with this club,” Klopp said.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Managerial Transfer Rumours and News Thread

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 pm

After Gertjan Verbeek was sacked by 1.FC Nürnberg, Freiburg's Christian Streich (who recently had quite a dispute with his colleague) is fighting hard not to feel any schadenfreude on hearing the news, he said, trying hard to keep a straight face. Laughing

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/603331/artikel_streich-kaempft-wegen-verbeek-gegen-schadenfreude-an.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Pardew to be sacked if Newcastle fail to make top 10. Bruce & Moyes on replacements shortlist.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10783488/David-Moyes-in-the-frame-for-Newcastle-United-job-if-Alan-Pardew-is-sacked.html

After all these years of calling mole Great Leader SteveBruce Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Genuinely hope Newcastle do acquire the 10th place trophy in order for that cretin to be sacked.

Sorry Mole.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:27 pm

RMC: Marcelo Bielsa-Marseille deal held up by the fact that he wants the 50 page contract translated into Spanish to check over.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:30 am

ffs Keane and Van Gaal on the sideline Proud

stay safe scrubby young, fellaini, cleverly etc etc
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:54 am

Natalie Portman wrote:^ that's why LVG at Man Utd will be hilarious. With Charlton, and Ferguson at the board and Woodward directions, Van Gaal will have a problem every other week. Same if he goes to Spurs with Levy. Win-win . Can Gaal can't be a coach, he simply has to manage the entire organization which is not possible for neither Spurs not Man U

I think LVG would give Spurs a manager they need, however I am more of the mind that things would end very badly and in a very public way. I still prefer Frank de Boer as our next manager, but knowing Levy that is just not a big enough name :facepalm: Not really sure how I feel about Allegri as our potential manager because I think he has the talent, but I don't think he is "consistently" tactically astute enough in his game plans.

However, if Baldini is in fact staying on with the club I would consider it almost certain our manager will be Allegri if we fail to land LVG.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:25 am

Nicky Butt says he is "proud" to be part of Ryan Giggs's coaching team at Manchester United.

Following the sacking of David Moyes on Tuesday, Giggs has been placed in temporary charge of the first team while Butt and Paul Scholes are assisting the 40-year-old, with Phil Neville retained as part of the coaching staff.

United host Norwich City at Old Trafford on Saturday with four members of the 'Class of '92' in the dugout and Butt admits it will be an incredible situation for him and his former team-mates.

"It will be massive for us, a proud moment for us all," Butt told MUTV. "To be there together is a bit of a surreal thing.

"We walked in here together when we were 12 and to be here now - I'm not 40 yet but Giggsy is, and myself and Scholes are nearly there too. So for us and Phil to be there together is a very proud moment.

"We're here to try to help the club and get the results that we want from now until the end of the season. What happens after that, who knows?"
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:44 am

Ferguson phones Giggs in first training session

Sir Alex Ferguson phoned Ryan Giggs during the 40-year-old’s first training session with a message of support.

Source: Daily Mirror

Tottenham to approach Moyes

Tottenham will approach former Manchester United and Everton manager David Moyes this summer with a view to bringing the Scot in to replace Tim Sherwood.

Source: Evening Standard

Conte in frame for Man Utd job

Antonio Conte has emerged as candidate to become Manchester United’s next manager.

Source: Daily Telegraph

Man City contact Blanc

Laurent Blanc is an option for Manchester City this summer as the club may replace Manuel Pellegrini if they fail to secure the Premier League title.

Source: Le Parisien
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Following the sacking of Manchester United manager David Moyes this week, Ancelotti has been rumoured to be amongst the candidates to fill the post. He insists he’s entirely happy where he is right now, at Real Madrid.

“It this time I’m very happy at Real Madrid. I’m fortunate enough to be working at the best club in the world. I have a lot of respect for Manchester United, although I didn’t like what happened to Moyes, but my place is here.”

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Roger Schmidt will become new coach of Bayer Leverkusen from July 2014 on. He got a 2-year contract.

Source: SSNHD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Roberto Martinez is staying quiet on talk linking him with Barcelona and tipped Gerard Deulofeu to become world class.

The Everton boss has been linked with the Nou Camp hotseat in England and Spain as doubts continue to surround the long-term future of Tata Martino.

Martinez, who joined Everton from Wigan last summer, has impressed during his debut season at Goodison Park, with Everton battling for a top-four finish in the Premier League.

The Spaniard has been mentioned as a possible contender to succeed Martino should Barcelona decide to dispense with the Argentine's services after a below-par campaign.

However, Martinez insists he has not had time to consider what he would do if Barcelona came calling for him.

"The job of a coach is to always do what is best for his team and I have not given a moment's thought to what I would do," Martinez told Onda Cero.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
RMC: Marcelo Bielsa-Marseille deal held up by the fact that he wants the 50 page contract translated into Spanish to check over.

Gotta review dat Termination clause.  Cool 
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:47 pm

never got the hype  surrounding this  guy.

this is the same genius who couldn't get argentina past the first round in 2002  and who's only trophy in 24 years of football  is an argentine league.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Have you seen his teams play? Because that's 99% of the reason why he is hyped.

He's a good coach his only issue is that players are human beings. If they were robots he'd be undefeated.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:23 pm

rwo power wrote:Roger Schmidt will become new coach of Bayer Leverkusen from July 2014 on. He got a 2-year contract.

No 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Jose Mourinho has categorically ruled himself out of the running to take the vacant managerial position at Manchester United.

The Portuguese was considered one of the favourites to replace Sir Alex Ferguson last year, but David Moyes was chosen to take the position and Mourinho opted to return to former club Chelsea.

Moyes's tenure proved short and unsuccessful, with the Scot leaving on Tuesday less than 12 months into a six-year contract and Mourinho has made it clear there is no chance he will leave Stamford Bridge for another job.

At a press conference on Friday ahead of Chelsea's match against Premier League leaders Liverpool, Mourinho said: "Of course not, I don't know how somebody can think about it.

"I left Real Madrid to come specifically to Chelsea. I signed a four-year contract. I told Chelsea they never have to worry about me because I never want to leave.

"So I'm here as long as they want me to stay. No job would move me from Chelsea."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:59 pm

10 mins to post a rumor mt? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Wenger - Managers need time to succeed

Arsène Wenger wants Premier League clubs to resist the pressure to change their managers - and give them more time to develop and succeed.

David Moyes became the 10th top-flight boss to lose his job this season when he was sacked by Manchester United this week, just 10 months after replacing Sir Alex Ferguson - who filled the Old Trafford hotseat for 26 years.

Wenger was saddened by Moyes' departure and is increasingly alarmed by the rate at which clubs dispense of their managers. As it stands, the Frenchman's tenure at Arsenal is almost as long as those of his 19 top-flight rivals combined.

"I'm sad that he [Moyes] wasn't given time and I wish him well," said Wenger. "I think it's just part of what the modern game is now. There is no time available for people to do their job and that is a big threat for our game.

"What I mean by that is that if you want quality people in any job, you need to give them time to develop and to become good, or people with the quality will not come into our job anymore.

"The average [job life] expectancy of an English professional club [manager] at the moment is 11 months, and that is quite unstable. Every guy who is married, has a family, will have a big hesitancy before he goes into that game.

"That means the quality of the coaching and the quality of the managing is under threat, because it will not attract quality people anymore.
"It's the first time since I have been in England that [10 Premier League managers have lost their job in one season], and the trend is that rotation will become quicker and quicker.

"You know, if you get to a point where you sack your manager with every defeat, the guy who comes in will lose games as well. So that trend will become quicker and quicker. We are living in a society now where it is every time quick, the quick intelligence is dominating the slow intelligence. That means every time after the game it is quick sanction, quick judgment, and there is no distance anymore with the event."

Wenger believes the onus is on clubs to stem the tide of managerial sackings, and pointed to Arsenal’s own record of sticking to its beliefs and principles over time.
"The solution is that the clubs internally will need to be much stronger than before, to resist that immediate pressure," he said.

"The strengths, the belief, the vision inside the clubs, will be tested much more than before. And the strengths needed inside the clubs will need to be much better."
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 pm

I tend to agree with him overall, but every situation is different tbh.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 pm

rwo power wrote:Roger Schmidt will become new coach of Bayer Leverkusen from July 2014 on. He got a 2-year contract.

Wow, this is excellent news for them!

Especially if he takes Kampl with him...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:50 pm

Roger Schmidt is a fantastic coach, bringing his high pressing 4-4-2 to Bundesliga Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:03 pm

McLewis wrote:I tend to agree with him overall, but every situation is different tbh.

This.

I agree with Wenger no question, I am quite often critical of coaches being sacked early. Its unfair.

However, it is hard for me to criticise ManUtd for the decisions when I was never really on board with him being the guy in the first place. I feel like, if not for SAF, he probably wouldnt of been hired in the first place. At least not the first choice.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Surprised it took the scrub media this long to invent a Conte - United rumour

If on the small, small chance he did leave. I hear Montella has a 7M release clause. Would be hilarious to troll Fiorentina and take him tbh
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:51 pm

"I work very closely with Mauricio," Reed said. "We speak every day and sometimes for several hours in a day. I think there's a lot of misinformation out there that needs clearing up.

"The first point I'd like to make is that, with regards to Mauricio Pochettino's contract negotiations, both Mauricio and myself - that [dealing with negotiations] is my role - are very happy with the way we are approaching it at the moment.

"We would like to focus on the remaining games of this season and Mauricio has repeatedly said that and therefore we will pick up the details of any contract talks in the summer when the season is over."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Manchester United interim manager Ryan Giggs insists Saturday's game against Norwich will represent the proudest moment of his illustrious career.

The 40-year-old, who has enjoyed a glittering playing career at Old Trafford that has spanned three decades, is set to take charge of the team for the first time at the weekend following the sacking of David Moyes earlier this week.

Giggs will take control of first team affairs until the end of the season and revealed at his first press conference that he has sought the advice of Sir Alex Ferguson, the manager under whom he has played for the overwhelming majority of his career.

He said: "I have got to say it is the proudest moment of my life. I have supported Manchester United all my life, I have been a part of the club since I was 13. I am proud, I am happy, a little nervous and, just like playing, can't wait for the game on Saturday.

"When Ed [Woodward] asked me to look after the team for the remaining four games, I had no hesitation in saying yes.

"I can't wait for five thirty tomorrow when we walk out at Old Trafford. I know the place will be rocking."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next