Why aren't Atletico accused of playing "Anti-Football"? - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Why aren't Atletico accused of playing "Anti-Football"?

+28
Hapless_Hans
jibers
harhar11
BarcaLearning
DeletedUser#1
ExtremistEnigma
Glory
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Robespierre
The_Badger
Art Morte
Lord Spencer
Blue Barrett
BusterLfc
zigra
Helmer
Pip
sree999
Lupi
El Chelsea Fuerte
MaraVilla
Onyx
LeSwagg James
Forza
futbol
BORUSSIA!!
BarrileteCosmico
Gil
32 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why aren't Atletico accused of playing "Anti-Football"? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why aren't Atletico accused of playing "Anti-Football"?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Yes, but are you referring to Pep with Bayern? harhar as already mentioned that he has not watched Bayern under Pep and he is referring to how Pep played while coaching Barcelona. Any who, this all comes down to how each person perceives a team that plays to keep possession.

Back to top Go down

Why aren't Atletico accused of playing "Anti-Football"? - Page 3 Empty Re: Why aren't Atletico accused of playing "Anti-Football"?

Post by jibers Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 pm

harhar11 wrote:
jibers wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Are you talking about the 2-2 game?

If you are. Atletico were better than Real Madrid, but they didn't pinned them back.

Here are the stats from the game

Atletico      -    Real Madrid

36% Possession 64%
11      Shots       15
4      on Target    6

As you can see, it's the same thing. They defended deep and then hit them in the counter-attack..

Towards the end yes but a big portion of that game Real were sitting back. Either way this defensive football nonsense is daft seeing as teams have to score. They always try to win. I'm not really a fan of using the term attacking and defensive sides although I understand your reasoning. Honestly, I don't even know what we are arguing about anymore Laughing

I know what you mean, but there are different ways to win a game. Some teams set out with a mentality to stop the opposition from scoring as their main priority and then counter, and then there is the "you score 3, we score 4 goals" mentality etc..

But anyway, ranDOM 10 is probably right.

HareHare Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm

jibers wrote:HareHare Proud

You making fun of my incapability of coming up with cool account names?  Evil or Very Mad 

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I have to agree with jibers.
Absolutely right, for Pep possession is used to deny the opponent any way of playing.
If you have 80% possession, as we do, which is 72 minutes of the game, yet you win only 2:0 you can hardly say all we do it attacking hmm

In a way, Pep is the ultimate king of anti-football, and I love it. Proud

passing the ball around while the opponent pressures you is significantly more difficult than packing the box and booting it out at every chance

in any case, atletico don't particularly park the bus, but why doesn't anybody talk about how *bleep* dirty that team is? it's full of divers and cheap shot artists, starting with the coach himself... i mean diego costa is definitely a bigger piece of shit than suarez but you never hear about that, because nobody here actually watches atletico league games
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:06 pm

I agree with Che, all the romantics aside, Atletico is probably the most dirty team in La Liga, even more dirty than Levante. It's sort of refreshing to see in La Liga but at the same time, the C word tends to be used to describe all of them particularly Costa, Turan and Gabi.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 pm

che wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I have to agree with jibers.
Absolutely right, for Pep possession is used to deny the opponent any way of playing.
If you have 80% possession, as we do, which is 72 minutes of the game, yet you win only 2:0 you can hardly say all we do it attacking hmm

In a way, Pep is the ultimate king of anti-football, and I love it. Proud

passing the ball around while the opponent pressures you is significantly more difficult than packing the box and booting it out at every chance

in any case, atletico don't particularly park the bus, but why doesn't anybody talk about how *bleep* dirty that team is? it's full of divers and cheap shot artists, starting with the coach himself... i mean diego costa is definitely a bigger piece of shit than suarez but you never hear about that, because nobody here actually watches atletico league games
Diego costa is a bigger piece of shit then the vampire / handball in world cup / vampire again / diver?
nah, he is a dirty player but not even top 5 in that list.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:55 am

Just hope you got your answer Gil Laughing

Time wasting from minute 10 rofl
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3