Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K.

+2
Soul
Shed
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Empty Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K.

Post by Shed Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:59 am

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2dyelVQRI1ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea host Turkish side Galatasary in the second leg of the Champions League
Round of 16 at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday, March 18th

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2c0wwkTJZ1ruhh4yo1_1280

Gameweek 2 of the Champions League Round of 16 sees Group E-winners Chelsea host Group B-runners up Galatasary for the second leg of their knockout round tie. A simple win will see either opponent into the quarterfinals, on account of their stalemate in the first leg some 3 weeks before, and both sides will undeniably have their sights set on that very end.

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. 843047280

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. 843047744

As mentioned, the first leg in Istanbul on February 26th ended honours even with a goal for each side. Chelsea were in complete control throughout the early proceedings, and gave themselves something to show for their dominance when Fernando Torres scored on just 9 minutes to give the visitors the early lead and a crucial away goal. The Blues followed up their going ahead with yet more dominance, and had several gilt-edged chances to put the tie to bed that very night, but again suffered from the lack of cutting edge that has plagued them all season, and went into the interval just one goal up. The second half, however, saw a revival from the home side. They controlled possession throughout and were knocking on the door of Petr Cech's goal for some time, before finally breaking through with just over 25 minutes remaining when Aurelien Chedjou poked home a well-placed corner aided by some horrific Blues defending to draw his side level, and set up an inevitably exciting second leg, with both sides having every chance of progression.

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2i2ngGIwG1ruhh4yo1_1280

This game marks the homecoming to Stamford Bridge of Chelsea legend and hero Didier Drogba, since the Ivorian's last appearance there in the last domestic game of the Blues' 2011-12 season – that, a 2-1 win over relegated Blackburn. The club's all-time fourth highest goalscorer said endearingly shortly after the draw was made that he would be playing at 'home' in both legs, and the home crowd will undoubtedly be anxious to give their beloved legend the homage and welcome-back he deserves.

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2i10dKSvy1ruhh4yo1_500

Defensive duo David Luiz and Ashley Cole remain the only fitness doubts for Chelsea.
-

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2fk8rkd341ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1945 GMT

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Empty Re: Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K.

Post by Shed Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2lc33ACAp1ruhh4yo1_1280

Proud

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Empty Re: Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K.

Post by Soul Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:42 pm

How do you think we'll fare Shed?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:52 pm

Will be tough. Honestly think Gala are capable of shading it, but think we'll do just enough.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:18 pm

I think Jose will pull us on to victory.

I think Drogba will score.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:40 pm

Stamford Bridge return will be emotional... but I want to knock Chelsea out, says Drogba:
Didier Drogba insists there is no room for sentiment when he makes his much-anticipated return to Stamford Bridge with Galatasaray on Tuesday night
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2582869/Didier-Drogba-Stamford-Bridge-return-emotional-I-want-knock-Chelsea-out.html

"I’m really happy to come back and see familiar faces and it’s good."

"It won’t be difficult to play. It’s a big game, a big competition and it means a lot to my team, so I will find a way to play it."

"It’s very difficult to play against Chelsea but it will not be difficult for me to put myself into the competition."

"I belong to Galatasaray and I need to be professional."
"Of course there will be emotions, like the first leg, when I saw my ex-team-mates and the Chelsea fans in the stadium."

"It was special but then there was the game and it was tough, high intensity and it think it will be the same tomorrow."
"With all the respect I have for this club, for the fans and the players, I might not celebrate but if we win I will be happy."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 am

Mourinho will not be beaten by Mancini
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2lgsb255x1qc7skwo3_400
Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2lgsb255x1qc7skwo1_400
Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. Tumblr_n2lgsb255x1qc7skwo2_400

Laughing

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:45 pm

Didier Drogba admits he might have stayed at Chelsea but for contractual disagreements:
Didier Drogba admits that he would have stayed at Chelsea in 2012, if they were able to come to an agreement over a contract
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9220332/transfer-news-striker-didier-drogba-admits-he-might-have-stayed-at-chelsea

"Why did I leave Chelsea? I didn't want to talk about that, but I would have stayed if we could find a satisfactory agreement for both parties."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:53 pm

CHELSEA XI: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ramires, Lampard, Hazard, Oscar, Willian, Eto'o
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:54 pm

GALATASARY XI: Eboue, Semih, Chedjou, Telles - Yekta, Melo, Selçuk - Sneijder - Burak, Didier Drogba
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. BjCJyGzCAAA2wvZ

Great effort, lads!

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:49 pm

ETO'OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO banana

4 minutes :bow:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. BjCMvMGIAAAz8-j

Pre-kickoff.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:01 pm

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. BjCO1pyIYAARlnF

As well as this.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:21 pm

Should be out of sight by now. Hope we don't live to regret it...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:28 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!! cheers

Gaz Cahill scores minutes before halftime and we've one foot in the quarters :bow:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:39 pm

https://vine.co/v/MhpWhJrIh1a

Tore André Flo round for a halftime lap of honour :wub:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Champions League · Round of 16 - Chelsea vs Galatasary S.K. BjCYnm9IgAA30pp

rofl

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:37 pm

Stoppage time cameo for Kalas Proud
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Easy win for us.

Good to watch but we were never tested. Was sad to see Droggles struggle due to his age and his team.

On to the quarters.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Good win tonight, we were always in control of the match which makes me wonder why we struggled so much in the first leg, but tbh we've been drawing away and winning at home every big match of the season so I can't really blame Mou on our gameplans as long as it stays like this.

Our attackers were particulary inspired but they've missed like 8 clear cut chances so my MOTM goes to JT or Cahill, excellent performance by both considering who they were facing.

On the other hand I thought Ramires was pretty bad, it's like he just kicks randomly the ball and hopes it somehow reaches a teammate

Can't wait for the quarters.  cheers
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:53 pm

We're going to get Madrid in the quarters, UFEA will rig it so it happens.

Barca vs Bayern too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 pm

Pffft. We're getting Olympiakos :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:16 am

Please, when doesn't UFEA rig the knock out stages? We got Gala because of Drogba, we'll get Madrid because of Mourinho.

We got Inter way back because of Mourinho, we got Barca in 2012 because of Ovrebo. There is never a classico knock out stage because they want to save that for the final.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next