Art Morte
Abramovich
Eivindo
El Chelsea Fuerte
BarcaLearning
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will Vidic succeed in Italy? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Vidic succeed in Italy?

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

but Samuel he is still GOAT when he plays, unfurtonately only 7 matches this year but when he played Inter never lost , even to Firenze and Roma when Inter conceded only 1 goal just for Handanovic ' s mistake.
we have re-obtained defensive solidity with him , still better thn 80% of defenders.
Chivu 0 matches insetad , but he is not a football player since 2 years ...

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Vidic will be fine at Serie A. He's still WC methinks.

Also apart from Ballotelli, Rossi, Tevez, & Higuain Serie A's biggest attacking threats, ATM, are situated in Mid Table sides. Talking about Cassano & Di Natale.

Hopefully Parma become big again.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 pm

i thought everybody become a star after joining serie a
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:11 am

Agree he might perform well if he is rested properly. Still has technical attributes.

Its actually a win-win. He was becoming a liability for us slowly, allowing pacy attackers to get better of him. Perhaps Premier League was becoming a hard place for him.
Yep that may also be cos of the overall ineptness of our defence this season, not denying that at all.
plus felt as if this season he wanted out ever since the mid point or something, his attitude said he didnt care.

So yea not much sad at least here. We will have lots for that actually come next summer window, I mean to feel sad.  pale 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:34 am

In a 3 Man Backline in Highly Defensive Team & League where there is virtually no speed and the game is played in a Snail's pace, he will rock.

He will be a defensive giant. Tactically Seria A needs adjusting from the EPL which is tactically way behind but after 10 years of World Class experience, Vidic is perfectly capable to do that.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:49 am

Inter is continuosly linked to Sagna and have been for a while now.

If rumours are to be true, are Inter looking to change back to a 4 man defence?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic says he has enjoyed the best years of his career at the club but that the time has come for a new challenge.

The commanding Serbian centre-back has been with United since January 2006 but he will leave for Italian side Inter Milan at the end of the current season.

Asked when he decided to leave, Vidic told Sky Sports: "It was as late as January. Like the manager (David Moyes) has said, it was a mutual decision.

"Sometimes, you have to accept it is time for a change. Time to fight for different things, to have a different challenge - and that is definitely going to happen in Italy."

Sir Alex Ferguson's remarkable stint in charge of United finally came to an end at the conclusion of last season but Vidic says his old manager's departure was not a factor in his decision to leave.

"Not at all," he said. "It's just something that has happened as the season has gone on.

"Following a conversation with the manager, it happened that I decided to change leagues and play in a different country."

Vidic agreed that the next months could be emotional, adding: "I am starting to think about how long I have left at the club.

"I see a lot of people on the street and they still have appreciation for what I have done for the club.

"Sometimes, it's hard to listen to these comments, but that's football, that's life. You have to accept that's how things go and move on.

"I would like to finish on a high and finish with good performances. I'm looking forward to playing every game I possibly can."

Vidic has enjoyed huge success in his time at United but the current campaign has not been so successful and they were only seventh in the table heading into Sunday's game with Liverpool.

But Vidic says the club are still hopeful of claiming a top-four finish and thinks they have every chance of recovering from 2-0 down in their Champions League last-16 tie against Olympiakos.

"We changed manager, we changed director, the club is going through transition," said Vidic.

"The manager wants to build his team, his way of playing and, to achieve that, you need time.

"I knew it was going to be a hard season but I am surprised how it has gone. Hopefully, we can turn it around.

"I'd rather be 2-0 down and then play Olympiakos at Old Trafford than have beaten Barcelona 1-0 and then have to go to the Nou Camp. I think we have a big chance to go through."

Asked whether he thought a top-four finish was still attainable, he said: "I still believe and we have to believe. It is going to be tough but things can change."

Reflecting on his career at United in general, Vidic said: "It has been a great eight years, or a great seven years because at the moment we are not doing so well!

"I have great memories. To win five titles and the Champions League, I couldn't dream of winning that many titles and of playing with so many great players.

"I have learned a lot, not just on the pitch but off the pitch as well.

"I have been playing for the greatest manager ever, I believe. It was a great experience and, as I said once before, this is going to be the best part of my career, these years with United."

Asked for his favourite memory from his time at the club, Vidic did not hesitate, saying: "The Champions League final (in 2008 against Chelsea, which United won 6-5 on penalties.

"You don't win the Champions League every year. The club has won it three times and I was lucky to be part of a team who won it once.

"And we won it Moscow, where I played for Spartak for one-and-a-half years. I came back to the stadium to lift the trophy and that's the greatest memory I have."

Vidic will treasure his years in England and added: "Manchester United make you feel part of the family. I have developed as a man at this club, it has been a great experience for me and my family.

"I have nothing to regret, I have given 100 per cent."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:24 pm

I don't think many United fans are going to miss him Very Happy
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:29 pm

mmm no faults today ( and then  Suarez & Sturridge is the best partnership in Europe this year) , the red card is simply for Sturridge's dive.

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Hes gonig to leave on suck a low Very Happy Still he didnt give the real reason behind the move.... its Moyes decision right?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2