I hope Wenger is happy with Giroud and Monreal

Bloody shitty player

aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Arsenal LIVE - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool v Arsenal LIVE

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Bring on Bendtner and tell Giroud to *bleep* off.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 pm

United Home is season defining!!
falter and its all downwards from there
strong response and make it to try forget this
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Wilshere may show bite... but he has been absolutely pathetic in his play and positioning.  Coutinho is making him look like a pub player.

this. plus, I said it before, his dribbling attempts are ridiculous.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:45 pm

Ozil has been the worse player on the pitch by far btw... Monreal and Wilshere a close second and third.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:46 pm

lool I wake up to see 4-0... wtf is this? Don't think I'll be watching the rest of this
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm

Ozil has been shit for a while, nothing new here but the rest of team should be ashamed of this performance.

We a retard as a striker who cant do shit.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:59 pm

And so it begins February the month we get knocked out of EPL race and CL.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:00 pm

Five Shocked
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:04 pm

You blame the striker for a 5-0 loss when he hasn't even taken a shot because Liverpool have packed the middle and Arsenal players are too dumb to recognize that the only way you can beat that setup is by going wide Laughing

Blame the midfielders and wing players for trying to attack the middle when there's no room there at all. It's a turnover waiting to happen.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:You blame the striker for a 5-0 loss when he hasn't even taken a shot because Liverpool have packed the middle and Arsenal players are too dumb to recognize that the only way you can beat that setup is by going wide Laughing

Blame the midfielders and wing players for trying to attack the middle when there's no room there at all.  It's a turnover waiting to happen.

thats why we needed someone like draxler, we dont have any wide players that are good at taking on players, this is the reason why we keep on losing to man utd too. liverpool are just using the tactic man utd use, and it works every time because wenger does not change things.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Draxler's not a true winger though. He's a big guy... he was a AM that has been moved to the wing because they have more AM quality than winger quality. To me, he's a 10 now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:Draxler's not a true winger though.  He's a big guy...  he was a AM that has been moved to the wing because they have more AM quality than winger quality.  To me, he's a 10 now.  

yes but he can still go past people and make something happen, we really dont have anyone that can go past people, maybe just oxlade and thats it.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:23 pm

REWB wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Draxler's not a true winger though.  He's a big guy...  he was a AM that has been moved to the wing because they have more AM quality than winger quality.  To me, he's a 10 now.  

yes but he can still go past people and make something happen, we really dont have anyone that can go past people, maybe just oxlade and thats it.
That's true. I think Gnabry is that kind of player too...

The big thing to be able to go wide is fullbacks that can overlap and cross. You also need a midfielder or wing player that can go into the box and become a second air threat. Right now, it's Giroud and the 7 dwarves. So i understand the reluctance to go wide and cross. It's a weakness.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Ridiculous performance but credit to Liverpool aswell.

I have just one thing to say, Wilshere in a 2 man midfield is absolutely useless!

This is not a diss on Jack, he's a great player but his defensive ability is poor, it's like playing Iniesta or Rosicky with Xavi in a double pivot... it can work against poorer opposition but once we're down and he leaves those huge gaps in midfield you can't expect to defend well in a big match.

I actually feel sorry for him because he himself said he's a 10 and wants to play there. So hopefully Wenger has seen this and never starts him in a double pivot again in a big match until he learns the role.

The worst thing is we'll have to rotate Arteta against United or Buyern... the sight of Flamini and Wilshere in midfield makes me sick!

We need a response against Man Utd, 3 points... everything else will be a poor result.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:03 pm

Seasons over
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:24 pm

Okay ffs it's not because we didn't sign someone that we played like that. Our CMs, who we have plenty of and weren't going to sign any more of (Kallstrom was excessive) were absolutely invisible. They didn't defend in front of our back-line at all and just let the game pass them by - if our midfield fails, we will always fail because our game is built around them. This is what I'm taking away from this...

Wilshere:
He's simply a liability in tough games. He just gets flustered and stops doing his job tactically - I specifically remember today that he gave the ball away, could easily have tracked back and would have had a fair chance of winning the ball back, but instead just turned around and bitched at the ref or his teammates or whoever. He takes his focus completely away from the game and becomes a hindrance to our performance. He is not professional at all and needs to figure his shit out.

Ozil:
He plays great when the team plays well and he has space but he won't change a game by himself. In big games in which we might not see as much of the ball, Rosicky deserves a shout to start over him.

Giroud:
Just not a big game player but he had no service.

Monreal:
He's definitely a decent player but Gibbs is clearly better than him. Gibbs needs to be starting games.

We are very susceptible to simple goals in big games. We have to be a lot more professional than that and not get flustered just because the other team got an early goal or their fans are going crazy. An early goal should motivate us, not deflate us entirely. Professionalism has been a trademark of our team for the past year and we cannot forget that.

We have to use this defeat as motivation. We have a lot of big games coming up that we can use to both exact revenge on the teams that have gotten the better of us in recent times and boost our chances at a great finish to the season, but we need to start refusing to lose again like we did last year after losing to Bayern Munich. We cannot let this defeat be a Birmingham all over again. We're better than that.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Wilshere isn't good enough in the final 1/3 to be a 10. It's either CM or bust for him... Ozil is the 10 if you're looking for the profile. Others include Goetze, Hazard, Oscar, Mata, Silva, etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:00 pm

How is he not good enough in the final 3rd... that's where he's class, he has a fantastic first touch, good short passing and can carry the team forward like no other. He can play CM aswell, but only if he's playing with two other midfielders.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:11 pm

I was going to defend wilshere, but then I realized I would sound just as delusional as sportsczy defending giroud. I'd just say though, with wilshere he has a tactical problem but at least the quality is there. I think everybody's flaws got put under magnifying glass today, so I will try and not overreact
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:How is he not good enough in the final 3rd... that's where he's class, he has a fantastic first touch, good short passing and can carry the team forward like no other. He can play CM aswell, but only if he's playing with two other midfielders.
 He doesn't have variety in his game at all.  For Wilshere in the final third, it's all about dribbling and then either trying a linkup play or shooting.  That's the extent of it.  You need much more game than that to be truly good in the final 1/3 as a 10.  It's actually very predictable what he's going to do. As a CB, i'd just squeeze in when he gets the ball because i know he's not going to see the play out wide.... and even if he does, it's not going to be in rhythm; it'll be as a last resort and i can recover to that.

@winter.  I'm not defending that Giroud is WC... he's obviously not even close.  He is what he is.  If you use his tools, he's effective.  If you want to play tiki taka in the middle, he's going to struggle.  He's not the most efficient.  My only point is that you can't blame a player for being who he is.  He's not underperforming.  He's having the season he always has.  The player that deserves criticism for underperforming (again) is Ozil...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3