Jay29
Hapless_Hans
48 posters

Page 44 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 44 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:59 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Say what you want, but no player at Arsenal is better than Cesc.

Have you been watching Barcelona in the past two years man? Cesc regularly starts now for them and he's usually incredibly bad, don't let his stats against poor opposition fool you. Barça fans despise him and their opponents are happy when he starts Laughing

Ramsey on the other hand has already reached Cesc's level at Arsenal, and will continue to get better once we get better as a team. Cesc wouldn't start at Arsenal in his preferred position, maybe as a false 9 but he's rubbish in that role.
While I agree that Cesc has put in some poor performances for Barcelona in the last year or so. I generally feel that this poor form of his is exaggerated by some. Example: Barcelona fans saying he is shit. Which isn't the truth.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

I agree with RG.

Talking about Cesc is like going back to ex girlfriend that left you for her first love.

Its all COMPLICATED.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Why would you want Cesc back? You don't need him. Özil's better. You got Wilshere, Ramsey etc.

Also show some pride.
Let that clown be booed by his home crowd in Barca, if that makes him happy.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Yeah it's over. Cesc chose barca, So we chose Ozil.

Another  thing you'd have to consider is how would Ozil, who willing came to play for us from Real Madrid, and Ramsey, Cazorla and evn Rosicky, who all just happily signed extensions feel if we tried to bring him back? Cesc isn't like any of these guys either who can slide in different places and produce. Cesc needs to have the whole team built around him and a crap ton of space or else he'll probably be terrible
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:01 pm

There's little else we do need imo. Two players, a striker and a DM. As has been the case for over a year now. That and some drastic change in the medical staff and/or man management to curtail the annual injury pandemic.

Our squad with two additions really is good enough to challenge for any trophy when fit. Trouble is keeping them all fit. Keep everyone we currently have, give Bac what he deserves and build on this. We can still make this a very progressive year.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Unless Barca can find a way to get out of their transfer ban it is absurd to think that they would be willing to sell anyone. Like saying that someone that leads the team in assists while being 5th in scoring is a despised player that the fans want out.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:04 pm

6unner wrote:Unless Barca can find a way to get out of their transfer ban it is absurd to think that they would be willing to sell anyone. Like saying that someone that leads the team in assists while being 5th in scoring is a despised player that the fans want out.

Go watch some Barça games man, instead of hiding behind stats he increased against bottom table teams. He's booed in every game he plays in Camp Nou nowadays, why is it so hard for Arsenal fans to admit that he's declined ever since he left us?

Just watch a bloody game or if you like number go read the latest poll on Cesc in Barcelona based paper El Mundo Deportivo, 82% of their readers are ok with selling in the summer despite having no one to sign. They would rather see another youngster from La Masia play there.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:
btw Sri 🙇welcome back

Thanks RG. I missed you guys Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:
btw Sri 🙇welcome back

Thanks RG. I missed you guys Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:09 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
6unner wrote:Unless Barca can find a way to get out of their transfer ban it is absurd to think that they would be willing to sell anyone. Like saying that someone that leads the team in assists while being 5th in scoring is a despised player that the fans want out.

Go watch some Barça games man, instead of hiding behind stats he increased against bottom table teams. He's booed in every game he plays in Camp Nou nowadays, why is it so hard for Arsenal fans to admit that he's declined ever since he left us?

Just watch a bloody game or if you like number go read the latest poll on Cesc in Barcelona based paper El Mundo Deportivo, 82% of their readers are ok with selling in the summer despite having no one to sign. They would rather see another youngster from La Masia play there.
But our fans can hide behind Ateta's stats when he is a garbage player?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:27 am

Arteta certainly hasn't gotten any support this season from most fans so I don't get your point.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:43 am

urbaNRoots wrote:

I actually do watch several of the barca games. Instead of hiding behind the comments made by a small population that decide to post quotes on a rag. You ought to look at the stats, my guess is that the manager and board care more abut them than they do the comments in "El Mundo Deportivo"!

If only the comments of disgruntled fans meant anything. Silvestre, Squillaci, Park Chu-Young, Santos, Bendtner, Chamakh, Dennilson and how many more would have been out quicker.I guess the biggest difference is that Barca would be able to recoup more.

Last edited by 6unner on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 am

Cesc has not been as good as he's expected to be but only here on GL, people burnt him like some kind of disease infected god holy tiki taka. By quick glance everywhere else, you will see people are not that harsh on him, mostly blamed the purchase on management, confusion in term of his positions/ roles. He will stay there for a while anyways, and replace Xavi for better or worse.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:53 am

Twoism wrote:Cesc has not been as good as he's expected to be but only here on GL, people burnt him like some kind of disease infected god holy tiki taka. By quick glance everywhere else, you will see people are not that harsh on him, mostly blamed the purchase on management, confusion in term of his positions/ roles. He will stay there for a while anyways, and replace Xavi for better or worse.
+1

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:01 am

Artilleristen wrote:

WTF did Arteta have to do with any of this, I wonder? scratch

Show some respect, the guy has been going downhill but he did a very good job for us for a while and he was Mr. Consistent during a period when consistency, for Arsenal, was at a premium. Dude's a model professional and a de facto leader and doesn't deserve to have his own club's supporters shitting on him like that. "Garbage" ...  Rolling Eyes 

All the Cesc stuff is confusing because some people in the debate don't realize they're just talking past each other, addressing different things completely. Anyway it doesn't matter, he's not coming back regardless of how much some of us do or don't want him. It's a pipe dream at most.

The pipe dream I'd rather chase right now is the thought of Benzema-to-Arsenal, to make possible Suarez-to-Madrid.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:26 am

Chumlum wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

Show some respect, the guy has been going downhill but he did a very good job for us for a while and he was Mr. Consistent during a period when consistency, for Arsenal, was at a premium. Dude's a model professional and a de facto leader and doesn't deserve to have his own club's supporters shitting on him like that. "Garbage" ...  Rolling Eyes 

All the Cesc stuff is confusing because some people in the debate don't realize they're just talking past each other, addressing different things completely. Anyway it doesn't matter, he's not coming back regardless of how much some of us do or don't want him. It's a pipe dream at most.

The pipe dream I'd rather chase right now is the thought of Benzema-to-Arsenal, to make possible  Suarez-to-Madrid.
I meant that fans hide behind his stats, but when 6unner brought up Cesc's stats in this season he was told that he was hiding behind the numbers.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 am

For those of you doesn't want Cesc back, how does it feel if Cesc join our rival? who is Adebayor if not because of Cesc that create the chances for him?

Ozil has to be next to the penalty box to give a defense splitting pass, Cesc does not, he can split the defense on the halfway line, no other Arsenal mid can do that. We really didn't need Ozil, and look how much he improved us? with out him look lost. If somehow Cesc becomes available and Barcelona are selling, and IF we can get him for a good price we should not hesitate to bring him back. You cant turn down one of the greatest passer in EPL, In modern football we need more midfielders.

I get it, Arsenal are stockpiled at his position, and a ST, LW and DM are required for now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:32 am

Artilleristen wrote:
Chumlum wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

The pipe dream I'd rather chase right now is the thought of Benzema-to-Arsenal, to make possible  Suarez-to-Madrid.
I meant that fans hide behind his stats, but when 6unner brought up Cesc's stats in this season he was told that he was hiding behind the numbers.

Like Urban said, hardly any Arsenal fans support Arteta so your stat point is irrelevant.

Something I absolutely hate about Gooners. You can not like a player, fine. But to boo him and criticize at every turn (our Facebook posts for certain players is an embarrassment to our club with the array of insults the fans sling at Giroud and Arteta)

Look at Chelsea, they overpaid for one of the biggest flops of all time. Do they want him to stay? No, but even a plastic club is able to garner enough support to be genuinely happy for him when he scores and to cheer for him through this shite period he's been in the last three years.

Instead, we get the yearly 2-3 scapegoats. Same people who use Giroud/Arteta/Monreal as punching bags (not saying poor performances shouldn't be criticized, but at the same time good ones can't be ignored then) just so happen to be the same people who pissed on Ramsey two seasons ago.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:54 am

MJGunner wrote:

Something I absolutely hate about Gooners. You can not like a player, fine. But to boo him and criticize at every turn (our Facebook posts for certain players is an embarrassment to our club with the array of insults the fans sling at Giroud and Arteta)

Look at Chelsea, they overpaid for one of the biggest flops of all time. Do they want him to stay? No, but even a plastic club is able to garner enough support to be genuinely happy for him when he scores and to cheer for him through this shite period he's been in the last three years.

Instead, we get the yearly 2-3 scapegoats. Same people who use Giroud/Arteta/Monreal as punching bags (not saying poor performances shouldn't be criticized, but at the same time good ones can't be ignored then) just so happen to be the same people who pissed on Ramsey two seasons ago.

We are more passionate than them scums, but I know what you mean.

MJ. The voice of rationale. :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 am

For those who want us to sign Fabregas this summer, where would you play him? I'm curious because I can't see a place for him in the first team.

Ramsey, Özil and Cesc can't play all together in our current formation that is for sure. How do you fit all of them without suffering defensively?

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:15 am

urbaNRoots wrote:For those who want us to sign Fabregas this summer, where would you play him? I'm curious because I can't see a place for him in the first team.

Ramsey, Özil and Cesc can't play all together in our current formation that is for sure. How do you fit all of them without suffering defensively?

You forgot to mention Wilshere. Cesc was/(kinda is) my favorite player but we already have many players that can play in the same position. I agree that he is better than most of them but we need a defensive midfielder more than fabregas.

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 am

We can do with quality squad depth, especially given our injury woes. There is no other reason why we should even indulge in the idea.

Anyway. Let's call a close to this Cesc bs. It's been going on pointlessly for a couple of pages now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Barcelona have appealed the sentence, which means the ban has been temporarily suspended while they have a nice, friendly and no doubt lucrative chat with FIFA.

So if they have any desire to sell the likes of Alves, Pedro and Alexis - though with the latter two, I've no idea why they would - now's the time to make a move. Alves could be a good signing if we can't renew Sagna's contract.

Speaking of Sagna, Mr. Exclusive Wayne Veysey reckons he's close to agreeing a new deal: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/04/23/4770530/sagna-close-to-reaching-agreement-on-new-arsenal-deal

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:07 pm

Sanchez is supposedly Juventus-bound.

Pedro is the much better of the two imo. Would be fantastic to sign him, use him on the wing and put Theo up the middle to relieve Giroud. Would cover a striker signing as we were discussing a while ago. (that is, the idea of signing a wideman rather than a striker so as to use Theo as backup to Giroud at times)
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Wait, you think Giroud should be our starting cf next season?
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 44 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44