Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Freeza
The Franchise
rwo power
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Puzzled about male reaction to women football - Page 3 Empty Re: Puzzled about male reaction to women football

Post by Sushi Master Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:05 pm

More physical and moving at higher speeds?

Mate, I think 99% of our male GL population would get absolutely hammered by any of those professional women tackling you, be it at 20 km/h or 0 km/h.

Have you seen their legs?!

That's like saying women UFC fighters don't hit as hard as the men. In pure energy wise you might be right, but pretty much anyone is going down after a direct hit by any pro.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Puzzled about male reaction to women football - Page 3 Empty Re: Puzzled about male reaction to women football

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:54 pm

Thimmy wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:I watch the women's world cup. The quality is decent, and man, some of these ladies take a beating. They rarely go down easily or dive.

I wish men's footy would take notice

To be fair, though, mens' football is more physical and tackles occur while players are moving at relatively higher speeds, thus increasing the likelihood of serious injuries. Don't get me wrong, it's admirable that the women don't go down as easily. I don't doubt that they generally have more pride than male players, in that respect, but I daresay they are at a lower risk of getting rugby tackled by the Akinfenwas and De Jongs, and I don't believe diving is exclusively about winning cheap set pieces Laughing

Some truth there- but we all have been watching men's footy enough to know that many times these players are barely getting nicked and they go down.

In women's football its much less common from my experience.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3