Adit
BarrileteCosmico
Cyborg
hrealmadrid
12 posters

Go down

Ancelotti is tactically inept Empty Ancelotti is tactically inept

Post by hrealmadrid Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:42 am

This isn't a knee jerk. This guy has had about 20 games and I still don't see any sign of a functioning formation or even a basic strategy. We can't even counterattack. Why Benzema is playing is beyond me. Half the time it looks like we're playing a dated 4-4-2.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Ancelotti is tactically inept Empty Re: Ancelotti is tactically inept

Post by Cyborg Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:52 am

ancelotti said it himself, that is the formation we play. 442.

ridiculous.

yes, at times during games you have to change systems, but a flat 442 as a main strat.?
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:25 am

The mother of all knee jerks. Ancelotti is tactically superior to Mou and this will show in the big matches. Give him some time.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:46 am

Never said he was better or worse than Mou. Only going on what he has done so far in around 20 games: pathetic given the talent at his disposal. And this was a big match.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 am

So far his flat 4-4-2 has been a failure..yes i think Ancelotti is the problem so far..that formation provides no support to midfielders and they have to cover more ground than usual. Also it provide no link and we have a big gap between midfield and attack.

When the entire team struggles it down to manager and no matter the player combination we use we are struggling and thats because Ancelotti's obsession with this 4-4-2 of PSG.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The mother of all knee jerks. Ancelotti is tactically superior to Mou and this will show in the big matches. Give him some time.
I disagree, he has let his team down too often in big games.

In fact, why 442 in La Liga out of all leagues. Worst possible formation for this league. It would be a working tactic in EPL where they primarly focus on the wings and not the midfield.

I like how Mou explained it tbh, and this is why Ancelotti is failing at the moment.

“Look, if I have a triangle in midfield – Claude Makelele behind and two others just in front – I will always have an advantage against a pure 4-4-2 where the central midfielders are side by side. That’s because I will always have an extra man. It starts with Makelele, who is between the lines. If nobody comes to him he can see the whole pitch and has time. If he gets closed down it means one of the two other central midfielders is open. If they are closed down and the other team’s wingers come inside to help, it means there is space now for us on the flank, either for our own wingers or for our full-backs. There is nothing a pure 4-4-2 can do to stop things.”
Good bye Ancelotti if he decides 442 is really the way to go. Just doesn't suit La Liga. We should have hired Benitez instead.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:14 am

He's trying to play possession football when it's clear that we don't have the players for that. Bale and Ronaldo are the best counter-attacking players in the world ffs. They need space to play to ther best quality and we waste them.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:23 pm

why start illaramendi in this game?

a player who is still finding his feet. In such a huge game.

that didnt make any sense. meanwhile a fit modric is on the bench.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:11 pm

The formation should be the 4-3-2-1 that Ancelotti has played at times. Modric, Isco and DM in midfield. We definitely shouldn't be playing 4-4-2.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Did anyone notice the big space that was left between the defense and attack when he took isco off..ffs, the problem was linking the attackers up and then you take out a midfielder and replace him with an attacker??? Wtf!! That was the dumbest decision everr by a coach..everrrr!!!

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:50 pm

a pure 4-4-2 has its uses, but not as a possession style.. 4-4-2 is a formation for wing play strictly.. the center mids support the 2 side players on each side and you have 2 (hopefully) decent targets in the box

Let's be patient guys. I know losses like this are hard, but I have faith in ancelotti. He's a smart guy. isco and modric need to play at the same time. We missed modric's creativity today
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:29 pm

Why Arbeloa is starting over Carvajal and Modric was on the bench? someone explain.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Mamad wrote:Why Arbeloa is starting over Carvajal and Modric was on the bench? someone explain.
People seem to think Arbeloa is a great defensive player, just because he is limited offensively, even though he is quite bad at both sides of the game. Relatively speaking of course. This is also the case with Khedira, he is a B2B cm, who is way too slow and agile like a rock.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Mamad wrote:Why Arbeloa is starting over Carvajal and Modric was on the bench? someone explain.
my question exactly.

Ancelotti made some ridiculous decisions.

illaramendi in a derby and a ridiculous strategy.

Not because you are a coach with tons of experience means you are immune to criticism and question about your system which may be the wrong one for a team/league.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 pm

I think Ramos and Khedira have a bad rep right now. Both can play and be utilized well with proper instructions and a functioning system. This one really comes down to Ancelotti mates.

Problem with Sami is that he was forced to play as a DM, B2B and deep lying playmaker all in one, obviously impossible. Illa provided very little support for him last night. Once Modric came on the game changed. No reason Modric shouldn't be starting when Alonso is out.

Ramos (and I know I might be in the minority here) is a solid CB, although his decision making can be off at times. The problem is that Pepe is running around like a bloody penguin on acid making extremely poor decisions, over committing and over exerting himself. The guy has a football IQ of like 3. Ramos then has too much pressure and too much to deal with by himself. Add this up with a shat RB like Arbeloa and two over-exerted and confused CM's, and we have a recipe for disaster at the back.

Individual quality won't make much of a difference in this non-existent system. Ancelotti needs to wake up or he'll be out by Christmas.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:34 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:I think Ramos and Khedira have a bad rep right now. Both can play and be utilized well with proper instructions and a functioning system. This one really comes down to Ancelotti mates.

Problem with Sami is that he was forced to play as a DM, B2B and deep lying playmaker all in one, obviously impossible. Illa provided very little support for him last night. Once Modric came on the game changed. No reason Modric shouldn't be starting when Alonso is out.

Ramos (and I know I might be in the minority here) is a solid CB, although his decision making can be off at times. The problem is that Pepe is running around like a bloody penguin on acid making extremely poor decisions, over committing and over exerting himself. The guy has a football IQ of like 3. Ramos then has too much pressure and too much to deal with by himself. Add this up with a shat RB like Arbeloa and two over-exerted and confused CM's, and we have a recipe for disaster at the back.

Individual quality won't make much of a difference in this non-existent system. Ancelotti needs to wake up or he'll be out by Christmas.
Exactly my point. And 4-4-2 isn't helping at all, we need to change to a different tactic and fast.

To win in La Liga you have to overcrowd the the area behind the strikers, with Ancelotti we are playing without a proper no.10 and we are overcrowding the wings with the LB, Isco and Ronaldo being there and on the other wing you got the RB, Di Maria/Bale and at times Benzema, leaving the center player-less, at times only with Khedira. This situation also leaves us defenseless vs counter-attacks, opponents can easily pass the ball through the middle.

So for the CL match(which should be easy) we should try this:
-------------GK
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Coentrao
--------Khedira------Modric
Benzema*----Isco-------Bale**
------------Ronaldo***

*Benzema(Morata)/Bale/Ronaldo
**Bale/Ronaldo
***Ronaldo/Benzema(Morata)

Bale plays better on the left, Benzema should be switching positions with Ronaldo at some moments, and sometimes Bale should play on the right wing, switching Ronaldo to is original position with Benzema playing as a striker.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shadexticos Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:47 pm

Sigh!
Ancelotti betrayed us with his first press conference.
He said madrid would play attractive football.
We haven't even won any match convincely.
Am sad and I am losing hope.
I never wanted ancelotti
Madrid fans neva did.
In a marca poll, he only mustered about 20 percent of d votes

shadexticos
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Isco and Modric keep the ball too much, Alonso and Ozil were releasing the ball much faster, that's why the transition isn't as fast as it used to. Ancelotti should realize that to have Bale and Ronaldo at full strength we need to play fast, release the ball quickly. When Xabi gets fit he should try him and Casemiro in the pivot, and Bale-Isco-Ronaldo-Benzema in front.

Only if we had Redondo now Embarassed
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:20 am

The Spanish media are reporting that Carlo Ancelotti met Real Madrid's players before the team's training session. After that, The Italian coach was seen in José Ángel Sánchez's car leaving a restaurant called Zalacaín.

Both meetings had a positive outcome, according to the press. Cadena COPE reported that Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos exchanged some words with Ancelotti in front of the rest of the squad. According to COPE's report, both captains tried to encourage their teammates. For example, Pepe's attitude towards Benzema during the last derby was retracted. Pepe apologized to Benzema and the striker accepted his apology. That's what  COPE reported. Ramos also asked his teammates to work harder as, in his own words, "Cristiano Ronaldo is the only true star in the team". It's hard to imagine Sergio saying that, because he has a quite high self-esteem.

La Sexta Jugones reported the meeting first. José Luis Sánchez said that Ancelotti was relieved by how the players dealt with the talk. Sánchez visited Punto Pelota on Monday night and went a little bit further. He said that the meeting went on for 50 minutes. Ancelotti reportedly asked for a better attitude, while the players accepted Ancelotti's words.

Josep Pedrerol revealed that Ancelotti told José Ángel Sánchez and Florentino Pérez that he wants to sign a striker this very same winter. Pedrerol didn't say whether the board accepted his demand or not, but he did report that Pérez and Sánchez showed Ancelotti their trust on his work. According to Punto Pelota, Cristiano Ronaldo would like to pair up with Colombian striker Radamel Falcao.
:facepalm: 
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:59 am

After seeing how we play i'm not sure benz would do better or worse then even falcao lol

I honestly still think despite his shortcomings benzema is the best fit for us at striker so he needs to get his head out of his ass and start scoring.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down