Dortmund got to the CL final averaging 45% possession - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Dortmund got to the CL final averaging 45% possession

+25
aleumdance
BarrileteCosmico
windkick
McAgger
zigra
ARIARAIDEN
Valkyrja
elitedam
Ion Creanga
harhar11
juventus101
danyjr
urbaNRoots
Grooverider
rwo power
jibers
Casciavit
The Franchise
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
McLewis
DeletedUser#1
Gil
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dortmund got to the CL final averaging 45% possession - Page 2 Empty Re: Dortmund got to the CL final averaging 45% possession

Post by ARIARAIDEN Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:22 am

Only Zeman football is more entertaining!

ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Dortmund got to the CL final averaging 45% possession - Page 2 Empty Re: Dortmund got to the CL final averaging 45% possession

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:In my new footballing world, Dortmund would need to up their game ffs.
Dortmund got to the CL final averaging 45% possession - Page 2 Klopp_10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:40 am

Klopp would be wise to turn that frown upside down and put all he's got in for Joe Allen
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:42 am

Art Morte wrote:How are Ajax 6th with 54.6% despite having had Dortmund, Real Madrid and Manchester City in their group and scoring just four points? Surprised 
Our defense is shit. Even in the league it's not great and as you know the league is crap. So we try to keep the ball as long as possible.
As long as you have possesion your opponent can't score. That's the idea behind it.
And you can add that we don't really have or had a lot of creative players. Most of them don't really know what to do with the ball apart from passing it back- or sidewards.

Possesion won't tell you anything if you look at it isolated but combined with chances it describes a game quite good in most cases.
Obviously at the end of the day only goals matter, I know. But thinking as a coach (which I do) the result won't tell you very much actually.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:44 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Klopp would be wise to turn that frown upside down and put all he's got in for Joe Allen
You mean every team should have their Welsh footballer nowadays?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:48 am

Only if he can keep the ball :coffee:

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:16 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Only if he can keep the ball :coffee:
I'm sure Kloppo might consider him if he had a proper Welsh name. "Joe Allen" just doesn't fit with Mkhitaryan, Piszczek, Blaszczykowski, Schmelzer, Aubameyang et al. Something like Llewellyn, Pwyll, Culhwch or so would have been more fitting. Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:26 am

LLewellyn Proud

Love it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:28 am

Joe 'Pass it sideways never forwards' Allen Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:34 am

Valkyrja wrote:Who do you prefer to watch, Borussia or prime Pepcelona ?
BVB
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:04 am

Prime Pepcelona were more controlled it attack and did a great job at wearing down the opponent by the 2nd half. BVB are fun to watch cause they all run around in a controlled, frantic pace, willing to give it all the second they can. Prime Pepcelona ran around like wolves to get the ball back but would then go in certain alignments and repositioned before setting up another play. The 2nd Man Utd UCL final is a proper demonstration of this. The way they tore them up in the 2nd half and Man Utd just had to withstand wave after wave after wave of attack. It was glorious

That team is gone now though. BVB is my 2nd favorite team to watch atm
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:12 am

Don't see why people associate possession with results. There are many ways to win, almost all of them valid in my eyes. If a team uses possession as a defensive tactic to control the amount of chances the opposing team generates then the possession stat is useful. If they don't, it's useless.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 am

so Glad Wenger has seen the light and ditched our 100% Possesion play for good......
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 am

aleumdance wrote:so Glad Wenger has seen the light and ditched our 100% Possesion play for good......
Those counter attacks are godly.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:42 am

I wonder what Chelsea averaged when we won the CL. Wouldn't been like 30-35% for the two semi's and the final.

Anyway, not surprised.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 am

Kick wrote:I wonder what Chelsea averaged when we won the CL. Wouldn't been like 30-35% for the two semi's and the final.

Anyway, not surprised.
I believe it was roughly 45% possession.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
Kick wrote:I wonder what Chelsea averaged when we won the CL. Wouldn't been like 30-35% for the two semi's and the final.

Anyway, not surprised.
So why is it surprising for Dortmund if Chelsea proved that it can be done?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:03 am

Kick wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

Anyway, not surprised.
So why is it surprising for Dortmund if Chelsea proved that it can be done?
Well I don't know the reason behind the OP opening this thread, but I'd say Dortmund played spectacular and dominating football with that amount of possession. Dortmund didn't even get dominated in any of their games really maybe the 2-0 loss to RM, but I'm sure they went in the mentality as they won the tie from the first leg. One cannot say the same about Chelsea 11-12 CL success.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Milan were counter attacking before it was cool. 29/32 Proud
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2