Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 39 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Lex Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Crimson wrote:it's why good players leave small clubs for bigger ones in the first place
Robben leaving Madrid for Munich suddenly makes sense Proud

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 39 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Lex Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:38 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Ozil was waiting for Utd, not Arsenal, you guys are like the default choice. Madrid to Arsenal is a heck of a step back
Poor Nick, believes the twoddle printed in the very same tabloids he once so vehemently mocked
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:46 pm

i don't know what's funnier, watching madrid fans shit on ozil after worshiping him for three years or watching arsenal fans act like they've gone from barely fourth to title challengers with one signing Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:47 pm

Lex wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Ozil was waiting for Utd, not Arsenal, you guys are like the default choice. Madrid to Arsenal is a heck of a step back
Poor Nick, believes the twoddle printed in the very same tabloids he once so vehemently mocked
you mean ElConfidencial? i dont think i ever mocked them Proud http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2013-08-25/ozil-se-quiere-ir-por-sus-pretensiones-economicas-y-la-llegada-de-bale_20815/

robben to bayern was a side step, ozil to arsenal is a back step
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:49 pm

che wrote:i don't know what's funnier, watching madrid fans shit on ozil after worshiping him for three years or watching arsenal fans act like they've gone from barely fourth to title challengers with one signing Laughing
My sentiments exactly.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:49 pm

che wrote:i don't know what's funnier, watching madrid fans shit on ozil after worshiping him for three years or watching arsenal fans act like they've gone from barely fourth to title challengers with one signing Laughing
Not sure where you get that from? we are far from that, we need 2 more players like Ozil.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Forza wrote:
My sentiments exactly.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:54 pm

Arsenal is not a small club. But it's also no longer a top club. I mean, if i were chasing titles, that's not where i would go. It's also very unlikely that Arsenal is going to buy another player of Ozil's caliber... frankly, it's shocking enough that they spent 40+ mil on one player.

So one of four scenarios happen here:
- Arsenal win a trophy with Ozil and invest in other WC players for top fees so that people can legitimately consider them a consistent contender. Ozil likely stays.
- Arsenal win nothing with Ozil despite Ozil playing up to his level... BUT they continue to invest. Ozil considers staying.
- Arsenal wins a trophy with Ozil but don't invest like a contender... Ozil likely leaves.
- Ozil flops.

As a person who likes Arsenal, i hope this is just the start of a new momentum. But as someone who has followed the club for a long time, i'd rather manage my hopes for the club until i can see the trend and have it verified...

As far as Ozil personally, it's all on him now. He took a step down to show he can be more than what is being asked of him at Madrid. It's up to him to show it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:56 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Not sure where you get that from? we are far from that, we need 2 more players like Ozil.
it's the general vibe i'm getting here, the whole "we signed ozil he's fantastic best in the world now you're all just jealous of our amazing new signing" coupled with still acting like rvp moving to man utd wasn't a significant career step-up because arsenal are still their title rivals, for real guise
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:05 pm

Honestly, I didn't think this would have still be talked about but I do remember, as Che pointed, us Madrid fans here (I would stick my head out and say the majority) were really in Ozil's corner. Would make sense, he was after all, a fan favourite. So, it does have that crying over spilled milk sort of vibe.

Regardless, I don't blame him for thinking about his career as it is his career after all. Whatever motivations were behind his move is of little concern at this point. As for Mole's comment about Real fans having that entitlement complex, yes, I do have that. I also have the delusional complex of Real's right to win every trophy and thinking all players want to play for Real Madrid.

Except Messi but he just in denial right now. He knows he wants us...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:05 pm

che wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Not sure where you get that from? we are far from that, we need 2 more players like Ozil.
it's the general vibe i'm getting here, the whole "we signed ozil he's fantastic best in the world now you're all just jealous of our amazing new signing" coupled with still acting like rvp moving to man utd wasn't a significant career step-up because arsenal are still their title rivals, for real guise
find me one quote where an arsenal fan has even "hinted" that they could win the title or CL with just ozil? go on..
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:06 pm

I don't really understand the argument people are having here tbh. Obviously Madrid are in a different plane compared to Arsenal in terms of club stature but that has nothing to do with Ozil moving. If he is guaranteed playing time with a team that plays a similar style that you are used to for the NT would you not move?

I mean people are forgetting the WC is next summer. What should he be doing? Riding the bench in Madrid? He was never going to displace Isco as Isco is much better, said this last season. I have never rated Ozil highly and never will. While he would be riding the bench in Madrid he will be going up against Goetze, Kroos, Muller, Draxler etc Good move for him and good for his career. Also he is getting PAID more so again financially, he is better off. Smart move.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:07 pm

Crimson wrote:
AnJl wrote:
Crimson wrote:Nothing near the same

I still can't understand leaving a club like Real Madrid for a club like Arsenal.

Just shows literally no passion or commitment to be the best.
You got to be joking.

You guys can't be that thick.
Really because RVP, Fabregas, Nasi, Adebayor all seemed to think the same why I do.....

You can't be the best at a club that simply does not win anything, it's why good players leave small clubs for bigger ones in the first place
Wow. Okay.

So you are too thick headed.

Adebayor and Nasri? One left after one great season & was giving Beyonce references and is now being thrown around like a dirty rag between clubs.

The other had a good six months then wanted some astronomical wages. And yea, he is setting the world alight with his skills isn't he?

RVP had one and half season where he did wonders. Before that he was sitting on the treatment table like it was his second bed. And even when he had that great season, he knew we weren't far away, but ran away for the seemingly easier job at Manchester United.

Fabregas, out of them all has the biggest reason to leave. His boyhood club were doing extremely well and he wanted to be with them.

You forget that most of the players that Wenger made left for bigger paychecks.

Overall, a very pretty poor attempt by you.

AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:Arsenal is not a small club.  But it's also no longer a top club.  I mean, if i were chasing titles, that's not where i would go.  It's also very unlikely that Arsenal is going to buy another player of Ozil's caliber... frankly, it's shocking enough that they spent 40+ mil on one player.

So one of four scenarios happen here:
-  Arsenal win a trophy with Ozil and invest in other WC players for top fees so that people can legitimately consider them a consistent contender.  Ozil likely stays.
-  Arsenal win nothing with Ozil despite Ozil playing up to his level...  BUT they continue to invest.  Ozil considers staying.
-  Arsenal wins a trophy with Ozil but don't invest like a contender...  Ozil likely leaves.
-  Ozil flops.

As a person who likes Arsenal, i hope this is just the start of a new momentum.  But as someone who has followed the club for a long time, i'd rather manage my hopes for the club until i can see the trend and have it verified...

As far as Ozil personally, it's all on him now.  He took a step down to show he can be more than what is being asked of him at Madrid.  It's up to him to show it.
what?? why is this? sport, what do you think arsenal have been doing for the last 8 years as a club? nothing?? the model we want to follow is bayerns model, thats what the club wants to achieve, we are close to achieving that, so if we have the money now why not spend it?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:11 pm

AnJl wrote:
RVP had one and half season where he did wonders. Before that he was sitting on the treatment table like it was his second bed. And even when he had that great season, he knew we weren't far away, but ran away for the seemingly easier job at Manchester United.

Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Lex wrote:
you mean ElConfidencial? i dont think i ever mocked them :proud:http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2013-08-25/ozil-se-quiere-ir-por-sus-pretensiones-economicas-y-la-llegada-de-bale_20815/
read that whole article as best I could (with Google translate) and nowhere did I see a phrase, comment or paragraph highlighting your above comment?

Mr Nick09 wrote:robben to bayern was a side step, ozil to arsenal is a back step
Had a better chance of winning trophies at Munich than Madrid, so nope, giant step up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:14 pm

che wrote:watching arsenal fans act like they've gone from barely fourth to title challengers with one signing
Then you are pretty daft yourself.

A good showing in the Premier League and the Champions League ending with a 3rd place finish and a quater final or if lady luck shines upon us, a semi final spot.

But we do expect to end the trophy drought by winning either the FA Cup or Captial One Cup.

Baby steps.

This sentiment is shared by nearly every Arsenal fan, especially the fans over here. Instead of making airheaded assumptions, why don't you all step into the Arsenal section and actually read what we are thinking for a change.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Lex wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Lex wrote:Poor Nick, believes the twoddle printed in the very same tabloids he once so vehemently mocked
you mean ElConfidencial? i dont think i ever mocked them :proud:http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2013-08-25/ozil-se-quiere-ir-por-sus-pretensiones-economicas-y-la-llegada-de-bale_20815/
read that whole article as best I could (with Google translate) and nowhere did I see a phrase, comment or paragraph highlighting your above comment?

Mr Nick09 wrote:robben to bayern was a side step, ozil to arsenal is a back step
Had a better chance of winning trophies at Munich than Madrid, so nope, giant step up
Except Robben was not wanted at Madrid. We could have kept him if we wanted and he would have been glad to stay.

Also AnJl, Arsenal are a stepping stone right now and all your best players leave at some point. Stop crying and get over it.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Also AnJl, Arsenal are a stepping stone right now and all your best players leave at some point.
If you want to live in blind denial, hey I am not going to stop you.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:25 pm

we are going to get at least 3-4 good years out of him, so we dont care if he is using us as a stepping stone or not lol.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Bayern spend a lot of money when they have to... and they don't accept even a year without addressing all their needs in the summer. When they fail, it's not because their management is being cheap.

I mean they spent 40+ mil on Javi Martinez because they felt he was the best solution to their midfield issue = defensive toughness to go with technical ability.

Do you think Arsenal would go out and spend that kind of money?

Not to mention they spent 35+ on Goetze and 25 on Alcantara this summer. In the past, Manuel Neuer cost 25 mil, Mario Gomez 30 mil, Robben 25 mil, Gustavo 16 mil, Frank Ribery 25 mil, etc.

How can any Arsenal fan even think that their club is going to act like Bayern in any way, shape or form.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:04 pm

As Sports said, Arsenal are nothing like Bayern.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:Bayern spend a lot of money when they have to... and they don't accept even a year without addressing all their needs in the summer.  When they fail, it's not because their management is being cheap.

I mean they spent 40+ mil on Javi Martinez because they felt he was the best solution to their midfield issue = defensive toughness to go with technical ability.  

Do you think Arsenal would go out and spend that kind of money?

Not to mention they spent 35+ on Goetze and 25 on Alcantara this summer.  In the past, Manuel Neuer cost 25 mil, Mario Gomez 30 mil, Robben 25 mil, Gustavo 16 mil, Frank Ribery 25 mil, etc.

How can any Arsenal fan even think that their club is going to act like Bayern in any way, shape or form.
Did you not comprehend what i was saying? I said bayern is the model we WANT to follow, we are not there just yet but we are close, we want to be a club that generates its own income like bayern, the past 7-8 years we haven't been able to do that since the stadium needed paying off. Now it seems the issue has been resolved and we can now spend the large amount of income we make every year on players. Again that post just proves that you have no idea what we have been doing for the last 8 years.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:09 pm

You guys need to do your research: http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/gazidis-we-can-compete-like-bayern/
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:20 pm

REWB wrote:You guys need to do your research: http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/gazidis-we-can-compete-like-bayern/
Except your a few league titles short of ever being like Bayern, then we could mention European titles or the fact that Bayern isn't €290m in debt.....

Or we could just simply say Bayern is competitive at the highest levels of football. Arsenal is not.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:32 pm

Crimson wrote:
REWB wrote:You guys need to do your research: http://news.arseblog.com/2013/06/gazidis-we-can-compete-like-bayern/
Except your a few league titles short of ever being like Bayern, then we could mention European titles or the fact that Bayern isn't €290m in debt.....

Or we could just simply say Bayern is competitive at the highest levels of football. Arsenal is not.
how can i get through to these people? can they not understand the simplest of concepts? All i am saying is that wenger could have assured ozil that the future for arsenal is winning trophies. signing ozil, 45MILLION shows the intent if that doesn't what does? if we continue to make these signings we can challenge. sport said that there is no way we will continue making these signings? well how the hell can he say this when we have just spent 45million on ozil, that's a stupid comment.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next