The Nature Boy
rwo power
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
McAgger
202 posters

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by rwo power Tue May 21, 2013 3:11 am

Well, enthusiasm is of course great! I hope Dortmund and Bayern will not disappoint in the CL final, but then, these teams rarely disappoint (only Dortmund on Saturday when they could have sent Hoffenheim to the 2nd division and miserably failed to do so...)

(And I just noticed I missed a "to" in "Welcome to GL". Sigh. Me and my typos)

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 3:49 am

rwo power wrote:Well, enthusiasm is of course great! I hope Dortmund and Bayern will not disappoint in the CL final, but then, these teams rarely disappoint (only Dortmund on Saturday when they could have sent Hoffenheim to the 2nd division and miserably failed to do so...)

(And I just noticed I missed a "to" in "Welcome to GL". Sigh. Me and my typos)

Yeah, I can't wait for the Final! They have been outstanding this season. After the Final, summer arrives. What to watch during the summer? Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately, I live in the US, and these stupid channels only show Ligue 1, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc. but not the Bundesliga.
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 21, 2013 5:17 am

6960000 wrote:Yeah, I can't wait for the Final! They have been outstanding this season. After the Final, summer arrives. What to watch during the summer? Crying or Very sad

Unfortunately, I live in the US, and these stupid channels only show Ligue 1, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, etc. but not the Bundesliga.
You might want to try and get some streams for the U21 Euro in Israel that starts on 5 June 2013, even though the kick-off times might be a bit difficult for a US resident. By the way, the German NT will visit the US in the beginning of June, even though it will be a somewhat depleted team as the Dortmund, Bayern, Real Madrid, and U21 players will be missing.

And in July, there is the women Euro 2013 in Sweden, albeit I fear it might be not so easy to catch in the US either, being an all-European thing and at a not so practical timezone.

And then on August 9th, the Bundesliga starts again, so it shouldn't be too dire during summer. If there is nothing on US channels, there are always streams available ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 4:36 pm

rwo power wrote:
6960000 wrote:Yeah, I can't wait for the Final! They have been outstanding this season. After the Final, summer arrives. What to watch during the summer? Crying or Very sad

You might want to try and get some streams for the U21 Euro in Israel that starts on 5 June 2013, even though the kick-off times might be a bit difficult for a US resident. By the way, the German NT will visit the US in the beginning of June, even though it will be a somewhat depleted team as the Dortmund, Bayern, Real Madrid, and U21 players will be missing.

And in July, there is the women Euro 2013 in Sweden, albeit I fear it might be not so easy to catch in the US either, being an all-European thing and at a not so practical timezone.

And then on August 9th, the Bundesliga starts again, so it shouldn't be too dire during summer. If there is nothing on US channels, there are always streams available ^^

Thanks, rwo! Do you really enjoy women's football? For the life of me, I can't enjoy it. Even as a woman and feminists will pounce on me, I find it jarring to watch women play football.
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue May 21, 2013 5:32 pm

6960000 wrote:Thanks, rwo! Do you really enjoy women's football? For the life of me, I can't enjoy it. Even as a woman and feminists will pounce on me, I find it jarring to watch women play football.
Well, I like the fact that most of the gals don't dive or go for the Oscar for playing the dying swan when they experience even the slighted touch like the guys. ^^

And I guess in that respect I'm probably sort of a glory hunter, too, as the German NT is one of the most successful women teams (only behind the US gals) with two World Cups and 7 European Cups so far. Very Happy

BTW, on Thursday, 23 May 2013, the CL final of the women will take place. VfL Wolfsburg will meet the French top team and title holders Olympique Lyonnais at the Stamford Bridge in London. VfL Wolfsburg just won the double of Bundesliga and DFB-Cup in Germany and could go for their first treble if they manage to defeat the French ladies.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 pm

rwo power wrote:
6960000 wrote:Thanks, rwo! Do you really enjoy women's football? For the life of me, I can't enjoy it. Even as a woman and feminists will pounce on me, I find it jarring to watch women play football.
Well, I like the fact that most of the gals don't dive or go for the Oscar for playing the dying swan when they experience even the slighted touch like the guys. ^^

And I guess in that respect I'm probably sort of a glory hunter, too, as the German NT is one of the most successful women teams (only behind the US gals) with two World Cups and 7 European Cups so far. Very Happy

BTW, on Thursday, 23 May 2013, the CL final of the women will take place. VfL Wolfsburg will meet the French top team and title holders Olympique Lyonnais at the Stamford Bridge in London. VfL Wolfsburg just won the double of Bundesliga and DFB-Cup in Germany and could go for their first treble if they manage to defeat the French ladies.

Thanks for the info Very Happy I'm so ignorant. I never thought I would ever hear that Americans are on top of football Laughing Guess I should open my mind and check them out sometime.

Do you really find women in kits, socks, and acting rough sexy? Laughing
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 21, 2013 7:30 pm

Welcome to the forum 6960000

Is there a story behind the nickname hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Alex Morgan >>> entire German Women's team, by the way.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks RealGunner. Yes, there is a story behind it. But the vague reason is they're my lucky numbers.
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 pm

RedOranje wrote:Alex Morgan >>> entire German Women's team, by the way.

Wow, she is a stunner.
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue May 21, 2013 9:23 pm

6960000 wrote:

Wow, she is a stunner.

She's also quite a talented footballer (which is what my comment was focused on Wink ).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm

RedOranje wrote:
6960000 wrote:
Laughing
Wow, she is a stunner.

She's also quite a talented footballer (which is what my comment was focused on Wink ).

Yeah, I'm so shallow. Laughing

Last edited by 6960000 on Tue May 21, 2013 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue May 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Welcome 6960000, hope you enjoy your stay here! There is also the Confederations Cup to enjoy this summer, though Rwo neglected to mention it because Germany is not involved. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Tue May 21, 2013 10:13 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Welcome 6960000, hope you enjoy your stay here! There is also the Confederations Cup to enjoy this summer, though Rwo neglected to mention it because Germany is not involved. Razz

Thanks, dostoevsky, who is my favorite writer. :bow: Suddenly, my future looks so much brighter now that I can look forward to the Confederations Cup. Laughing
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by michaelnana Tue May 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Hey there guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michael from Canada and I'm a huge soccer/football fan. Been playing and watching since I was a kid and I consume soccer/football from all over. I watch Malaysian football if there isn't any game. It's weird that I had never thought of joining a global football forum but here I am now.

michaelnana
Prospect
Prospect

http://www.reflap.com/michael

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 22, 2013 6:44 am

6960000 wrote:Thanks for the info Very Happy I'm so ignorant. I never thought I would ever hear that Americans are on top of football Laughing Guess I should open my mind and check them out sometime.

Do you really find women in kits, socks, and acting rough sexy? Laughing
LOL, last time I checked, football was less about looking sexy than showing good sport and entertainment. And even though Red is a big fan of Alex Morgan (who indeed is quite a player!), I admire Hope Solo more of the US team. But then, I'm usually a bit partial to goal keepers Very Happy

Oh, and true, I forgot about the Confed Cup :facepalm:

michaelnana wrote:Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michael from Canada and I'm a huge soccer/football fan. Been playing and watching since I was a kid and I consume soccer/football from all over. I watch Malaysian football if there isn't any game. It's weird that I had never thought of joining a global football forum but here I am now.
Welcome to the forum! I hope you'll have a lot of fun here Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 22, 2013 10:45 am

michaelnana wrote:Hey there guys,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michael from Canada and I'm a huge soccer/football fan. Been playing and watching since I was a kid and I consume soccer/football from all over. I watch Malaysian football if there isn't any game. It's weird that I had never thought of joining a global football forum but here I am now.

Welcome mate. Good to have you here
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Thu May 23, 2013 9:13 pm

rwo power wrote:
LOL, last time I checked, football was less about looking sexy than showing good sport and entertainment. And even though Red is a big fan of Alex Morgan (who indeed is quite a player!), I admire Hope Solo more of the US team. But then, I'm usually a bit partial to goal keepers Very Happy

Oh, and true, I forgot about the Confed Cup :facepalm:

Rationally speaking, yes of course, I agree. But subconsciously, sex appeal matters a great deal. It's not just about sex but magnetizing support from others. Apologies if I'm going way off-topic.

RealGunner wrote:
michaelnana wrote:Hey there guys,

Welcome mate. Good to have you here

Hi Michael Very Happy Nice to meet you.
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Welcome guys Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 24, 2013 2:06 am

6960000 wrote:Rationally speaking, yes of course, I agree. But subconsciously, sex appeal matters a great deal. It's not just about sex but magnetizing support from others. Apologies if I'm going way off-topic..
No need to apologize - but we could actually discuss this topic in the General Section, too. Smile

By the way, yesterday's women CL final was a fantastic underdog story, too. VfL Wolfsburg, who played their very first CL season ever, managed to defeat the invincible CL holders Olympique Lyonnais who until yesterday were undefeated for 120 matches (says uefa.com :bow: )and took part in the last 4 CL finals, winning the last two of them in 2011 and 2012. *boogie*
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by 6960000 Mon May 27, 2013 6:33 am

rwo power wrote:
6960000 wrote:Rationally speaking, yes of course, I agree. But subconsciously, sex appeal matters a great deal. It's not just about sex but magnetizing support from others. Apologies if I'm going way off-topic..
No need to apologize - but we could actually discuss this topic in the General Section, too. Smile

By the way, yesterday's women CL final was a fantastic underdog story, too. VfL Wolfsburg, who played their very first CL season ever, managed to defeat the invincible CL holders Olympique Lyonnais who until yesterday were undefeated for 120 matches (says uefa.com :bow: )and took part in the last 4 CL finals, winning the last two of them in 2011 and 2012. *boogie*

Oh damn, I have to check women's football out. Stupid networks don't show them. Where do I find the stream?

So how was your reaction to the CL Finals? It was a great match. Bayern was well-deserved, and Dortmund were more than worthy opponents. I loved how Ribery quit diving after he got the yellow card Laughing For a while, he seemed to wallow in pain every time someone brushed him every few minutes. Loved the time when the ball hit him in the chest, and he rolled around, finishing by crawling like a donkey.
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Tue May 28, 2013 4:35 am

Ola, Hello, Hai, Hi!

I'm a Singaporean and want to share or keep updated on sports information especially football with all of you guys.

Yeah, i'm a football lover and play online games often.

Hmmm what else? My english was not really good enough or maybe poor. So, please don't mind with my english.

Nice to meet you all. Smile
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Novi Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Hello, i've already introduced myself in the Arsenal section. I hope I can fit in here and contribute to the forum. Smile

Peace!
Novi
Novi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 28, 2013 12:49 pm

LuckAndWin wrote:Ola, Hello, Hai, Hi!

I'm a Singaporean and want to share or keep updated on sports information especially football with all of you guys.

Yeah, i'm a football lover and play online games often.

Hmmm what else? My english was not really good enough or maybe poor. So, please don't mind with my english.

Nice to meet you all. Smile

Welcome mate!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed May 29, 2013 2:48 pm

6960000 wrote:Oh damn, I have to check women's football out. Stupid networks don't show them. Where do I find the stream?
Well, there are always a couple of streaming sites around. You might join the chat whenever there are matches around and there are always people who can help out Smile

6960000 wrote:So how was your reaction to the CL Finals? It was a great match. Bayern was well-deserved, and Dortmund were more than worthy opponents. I loved how Ribery quit diving after he got the yellow card Laughing For a while, he seemed to wallow in pain every time someone brushed him every few minutes. Loved the time when the ball hit him in the chest, and he rolled around, finishing by crawling like a donkey.
It was a breathtaking match, and I was really torn as I wanted Dortmund to win, but also wanted Bayern to win, too, as Jupp Heynckes so deserved the win, but Kloppo and his boys, too. Well, in the end the cup was adorned in red and white, but Dortmund could proudly keep their heads up, too.

@LuckAndWin and Novi:

Welcome to the forum and have a lot of fun here!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 pm

rwo power wrote:
@LuckAndWin and Novi:

Welcome to the forum and have a lot of fun here!
Was looking for the 'Like' button but it's not there. Very Happy

Well, thank you! Smile
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next