M99
rwo power
VivaStPauli
Casciavit
barca 2011
74 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Official Retirement Appreciation Thread

Post by Blue Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:09 pm

^agreed especially popular numbers.

Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official Retirement Appreciation Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Official Retirement Appreciation Thread

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:19 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I wish he wasnt such a scum using his powers and history to get his ways even when he was done, but hey, different perspective.

immense player for Madrid though, he was that odd guy who wasnt very fast, nor could jump very high and dribble 2 or 3 guys in a row. But his understanding of football, where to be, at the right times, was immaculate.

He was a super rich mans Thomas Mueller. If there ever was a king exploiter of space, Raul was that one. His technical qualities were also underrated. His first touch and one touch passes were world class.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I wish Madrid treated him better when he left after all he did for them.

You said this to get a reaction didn't you Razz
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:14 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:I love this guy, symbolizes everything I want in a forward.

Probably my second-favorite striker of all time, right after Gerd Müller. Though at least one third of that is due to his charisma.

Schalke's number 7 is retired right?

It was for like one season, so "kinda".
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:29 pm

He lost all kind of credibility when he signed for Schalke but respect for his previous moments in his career.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:30 pm

When I was a kid I used to use 'his celebration' when I scored Laughing

damn we are growing old Sad
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:38 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:He lost all kind of credibility when he signed for Schalke but respect for his previous moments in his career.

Wat? Why?
Wasn't starting at Real, wanted to start somewhere, got a bit of European football at Schalke - did I miss something?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 pm

urban is a BVB fan, that's what you missed.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:Agreed tbh. Wish he had retired at Madrid though.  
Nope. His two years at Schalke were very memorable. He won his first domestic cup with Schalke after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:13 am

urbaNRoots wrote:He lost all kind of credibility when he signed for Schalke but respect for his previous moments in his career.

funny enough, his move to schalke kind of vindicated him in the eyes of people who criticized his last couple of years at madrid (and he was very heavilly criticized, sometimes justified). not only schalke making the ucl semis but the year after when they finished 3rd or 4th, with him, huntelaar and farfan leading the way. for me, he retired after he left schalke, scored some fine goals for them too
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:21 am

It wasn't sometimes justified, he really started to be an anchor for us Tito. And I'm a Raulista that would make Chad's love for Benzema seem like poison.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:43 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:I wish he wasnt such a scum using his powers and history to get his ways even when he was done, but hey, different perspective.

If being done means you can lead your team to a CL semis and win trophies then I guess he was done.

And I'm sure as hell you don't believe the first part of that. Using his powers to get his way rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:14 am

Another great Legend retires!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Stop with the analyzing of this power thing you were not around to see.  Unless you are greatly involved in the club you cannot say if he used his power for anything!

One thing is true he was a Madrista bleeding white and gave his all for the club, left and played a little for Shalke no big deal, just look at Jordan going to the Wizards. In no way does the Shalke stint have any impact on his legacy!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:04 am

He was done for a club like Real Madrid unfortunately and I say that without fear or favour. But that shouldn't taint his legendary status as a footballer in general and as a player for Real Madrid as White Star rightfully mentioned.

Also, here's a YT vid of him with awful EDM. Notice how many lobbed goals he scored.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:07 am

I am very happy for him. He was one of my favourite footballers as a teenager and I will never forget some of his best moments. I enjoyed watching him as I grew up.

If only he would have taken a part in EURO 2008. No

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:08 am

That is a very nice video, Doc.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:30 am

Pip wrote:I am very happy for him. He was one of my favourite footballers as a teenager and I will never forget some of his best moments. I enjoyed watching him as I grew up.

If only he would have taken a part in EURO 2008. No
While I totally understand Aragones reasoning for omitting Raul, why he had to choose Sergio Garcia over him? Just, why?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:06 am

he had to chose someone that he felt won't mind sitting on the bench. remember he also took guiza who was top scorer that year. raul was on the bench in the 06 world cup, and based on the season he had prior probably shouldn't have gone. my guess is the issues between him and aragonez started from there. a player like raul might not have taken sitting on the bench the way garcia did. its best he didn't get called up than for aragonez to hurt his pride by having him as fourth choice. unlucky for him, spain during his dominant years weren't so good (they had a shaky midfield),and some other teams were much stronger
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:30 am

Didnt even know he was still playing. Shocked Should have retired on a high long back. may be after the Schalke days if not at Real itself.
Anyway great player when he was at Madrid. Grew up watching the man scoring goals for fun.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:11 pm

At Schalke he left on a high:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Doc wrote: Notice how many lobbed goals he scored.
This is actually nothing surprising to me. I always associated Raul's signature move to be lobbed goals. He scored so many absolute beauties like that over the years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:50 pm

And it's a signature move worth having - actually hitting the goal, while also getting the ball over a 2m tall jumping goalie is f*cking impressive, if you're mid-sprint at the time. That's why you only see lobs with any regularity on players with impeccable technique, like Ronaldo (either one), Messi, or tricky f*ckers like Müller/Götze/I want to say someone non-German but can't think of one. Screw you guys, I work all week, I can barely follow Bundesliga as it is.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:54 pm

He might be have been better than Messi at chipping the GK.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:55 pm

all of his goals in cl:

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:56 pm

His attacking positioning was ridiculous.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:59 pm

When he was playing in Madrid i really thought he was overrated since he scored a lot of "easy goals" and was "carried by his team". I remember him as a poacher who "somehow stumbled into the ball and scored skill-less goals". Now that i understand football better i can appreciate a him better, but still, he's a tier below the elites of his generation like Henry, Ronaldo, and Eto'o
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next