VanDeezNuts
Art Morte
Rev
DeviAngel
iftikhar
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Do you support the creation of the BeNeLiga?

Should Some Leagues Merge!!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap57%Should Some Leagues Merge!!! - Page 4 Voting_bar 57% 
[ 4 ]
Should Some Leagues Merge!!! - Page 4 Vote_lcap43%Should Some Leagues Merge!!! - Page 4 Voting_bar 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Should Some Leagues Merge!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Should Some Leagues Merge!!!

Post by Curtinho Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:01 am

Art Morte wrote:
El Cujo wrote:I'm not a huge follower of the business side of things so I want to bring a question to this topic. What kind of financial impact would it have on the Eredivisie if they were to merge with the Belgian top flight? If this 'BeNe League' was made would it potentially allow for more talent to be kept as opposed to being a launching pad for the 'bigger' leagues? For example could it prevent something along the lines of Strootman to Roma? I know it's impossible for the Eredivisie to hope to thwart off the true juggernauts such as top teams from the EPL, Bundesliga and La Liga, but to become one of the top 5 - 6 leagues again would give some time for thought for sure.

I don't know, here's just what I reckon:

- Matchday income: It might grow a little when, presumably, the smaller clubs from each league would drop out of the top division, which would most likely consist of the biggest clubs from both countries. So, bigger stadium average capacity in the league, bigger fan bases, maybe could charge more money for tickets.

- Broadcast income: I don't think the overall appeal, especially outside of Belgium / Netherlands, would increase much, so I don't think there would be significantly higher TV deals on offer.

- Commercial income: I guess it could grow a little, since the clubs would be now presented more visibly in their neighbouring country, too.

But overall, I don't think there would be a meaningful increase in revenue streams, but the quality of the league would be higher, because you'd have the better half of clubs from both leagues. It just wouldn't be enough to attract a greater global audience, I don't think so.

Well, this is what I was informed of:

This is the idea that Standard owner Roland Duchatelet has been trying to push through the last few years.

NL (pop. 17 million) BE (pop. 11 million)
BeNeLiga: 12 Dutch and 8 Belgian clubs
Second tier: two separated domestic leagues with no relegation (20 teams each)

After each season, the bottom three relegate from the BeNeLiga.
The two domestic champions promote automatically.
Third ticket is based on nationality. If 2 Dutch teams relegate, then the final spot will be filled by a team from the Netherlands.
If three teams from the same nation relegate, that nation gets just 2 tickets.

Both nations get approximately 70 million euro/year for the TV-rights. Duchatelet reckons that this number will grow to 250 million/year with the establishment of the BeNeLiga. 1/4 of that amount would go to the two domestic leagues. The other 200 million can be split among BeNeLiga teams. This sounds very nice and all, but I think the gap would be to wide between the BeNeLiga and the small clubs. I don't see any staying up at the end of their first season in the highest tier.

If this is the format and the estimations are true it would be huge for Dutch and Belgian ball IMO.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:03 am

Robespierre wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Maybe there could be a try-out period for Celtic in the English Premier League. Play there for a couple of years, then decide whether they want to stay in the English system or return to SPL.

I'm pretty sure Cardiff and Swansea fans are happier to be in the English system, because they would be too big for the Welsh one - like Celtic is for the Scottish one. So I think Celtic should at least try it out.

I knew Celtic wants it, Scottish clubs not ( the Scottish league still is scrub, if they lose also Celtic and Rangers are really as the Irish league, not even decent players ) , English clubs not .

The first part you have backwards and the second part is just wrong.

If the Scottish clubs had their say they would kick Celtic out and the vote would be unanimous. People had the same thoughts when it came to voting Rangers out of the top flight, "Clubs wouldn't dare.. Scottish Football needs Rangers!".. And they were wrong. Fan interest, attendance and television ratings for the non oldfirm sides has risen in their absence.

Celtic want no part of the EPL. Why stop riding the CL gravy train and guaranteed trophies every year out of the off chance they might some day become a midtable EPL team after a decade. Can't imagine what their fanbase would do either in England losing week after week, year after year, no europe no titles, etc etc.

And scottish clubs in the Premiership and Championship outside Celtic are clearly better than any teams in the Irish and Welsh Leagues and that doesn't even need more explaining.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:01 am

If some of the leagues like Danish, Belgium, Dutch, etc are allowed to retain talents till 21-22 this situation would not arise.

A huge number of Dutch Talents have flopped because they could not play during the time they were expected to play, make mistakes and develop.

The worst thing is Arsenal, Chelsea, City poaching this 16 year old kids whose careers get destroyed. Examples can be found plenty.

Had this guys stayed till 21-22 like say a Strootman stayed, the scenario would have been different. People get to start at 17-18 at Dutch Leagues.

Young Players poached away is destroying the quality of the league in the medium and long term in addition to causing damage to NT.

When you have say RVP, Robben, VDV level 3-4 Great Young players automatically the team can push the Big Teams

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Is there any stipulation by UEFA whereby clubs has to play certain amount of games during a domestic league??? I can see clubs in Scotland, Switzerland etc. play each other 4-5 times ( as opposed to just home and away in bigger leagues).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Interman Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:19 pm

unless we are talkin a Ligue 1-Serie A or Ligue 1-La Liga merger, this would make little difference, on a grander scale.

Interman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Should Some Leagues Merge!!! - Page 4 Empty BeNeLiga: Belgium and Netherlands consider merging their top flight leagues

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:57 pm

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/beneliga-eredivisie-pro-league-merger-tv-rights-deloitte

The current proposed format is an 18 side league (10 Dutch, 8 Belgian) with 2 relegations (1 of each country).

It's unclear how this would affect their CL participation

Where does GL stand on this merger?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Absoutely favorable
I mean it's exactly a thing that I've proposed too Laughing
It is beyond me why it's not been done

Anyway curious to read @Zigra's opinion, the only one affected on it here
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:47 pm

As someone who doesn't care about Belgian football, I like this, it would make me go to more games.

I'm sure for people who are actually fans of the mid/lower table Belgian and Dutch clubs this would be an outrage.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:07 pm

I like it
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:27 am

I think the issue is they a lot of teams are essentially getting relegated, and they might not survive the downgrade. Both Belgium and the Netherlands have a great club network they produces great talent, and this may seriously hurt both
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:44 am

iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:56 am

If the second division is also Benelux, yes.

If they keep domestic leagues where only the champion promotes in the superleague, it's detrimental to smaller clubs and sportively only good for the Standard Liège, Feyenoord, AZ Alkmaar type of clubs. Ajax and PSV are already regulars in european cups, in their case it's money move at best.

BeNeLiga is also a terrible name. Superliga >>>
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:22 pm

oops, honestly did a search before and didn't see it, anyways merged now

There are a million superligas out there. In argentina our league is the 'superliga' and our most famous derby is the 'superclasico'. 'beneliga' tells you exactly what it is

Lower leagues are supposed to remain separate
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:26 am

If lower leagues remain separate, in best case scenario it becomes strictly for development. There is already this culture especially in Netherlands. And the super league clubs finance improve so much that they are able to retain their best local players. This is the ideal result with no guarantees.

But that is unfair to fans of mid-table clubs who have pride in playing 1st div. Now they become farm clubs. The chance of success is higher if every level of pro football is merged.

Anyways this is set for 2025, in the meanwhile Belgium league need to get their shit together Laughing the format of their season is very particular, a sort of maths puzzle, it's not a problem but it's a bit ridiculous
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 pm

Belgium’s leading football clubs support a possible cross-border league with Netherlands teams.

The Belgian Pro League said on Tuesday its general assembly unanimously voted in favour of an “agreement in principle” for what it calls the BeNeLeague.

“This ambition is based both on the respect of the big clubs’ sporting ambitions, and on the need for economic stability for the other professional clubs,” the Pro League said. “The 25 clubs are unanimous in their desire to give the BeNeLeague a fair chance.”

The details and format have been discussed for months between Dutch and Belgian clubs but a formal proposal has yet to be unveiled. The project has raised concerns among supporters’ groups fearing it would favour only big clubs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/belgian-clubs-vote-merge-dutch-league-b1818031.html
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:37 am

Merge Bundesliga and Ligue 1 please
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:07 am

Hansi beat me to it Very Happy

Did you add the poll too @Hapless_Hans!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:03 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Belgium’s leading football clubs support a possible cross-border league with Netherlands teams.

The Belgian Pro League said on Tuesday its general assembly unanimously voted in favour of an “agreement in principle” for what it calls the BeNeLeague.

“This ambition is based both on the respect of the big clubs’ sporting ambitions, and on the need for economic stability for the other professional clubs,” the Pro League said. “The 25 clubs are unanimous in their desire to give the BeNeLeague a fair chance.”

The details and format have been discussed for months between Dutch and Belgian clubs but a formal proposal has yet to be unveiled. The project has raised concerns among supporters’ groups fearing it would favour only big clubs.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/belgian-clubs-vote-merge-dutch-league-b1818031.html

It would make me go to the stadium. Watching Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord play Anderlecht would make it a lot more attractive. I'm not a local fan though, they might react differently.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Kaladin wrote:Merge Bundesliga and Ligue 1 please
Should Some Leagues Merge!!! - Page 4 Screen32
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:24 pm

Even if Bundesfodder and Ligue 1 our matches would still get more viewers than that jobber league combined.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4