TalkingReckless
Vibe
18 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

F1 2013 Season - Page 7 Empty Re: F1 2013 Season

Post by Guest Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:48 am

Butt wrote:
JespSwe wrote:seems like New Jersey race next year is back on track, Sky Sports F1 reported that the organizers have made their payment to FOM. Its not official, but if FOM accepts, then we could well see street race at New York! It is possibly scheduled to happen right after Canadian Grand Prix if everything goes according to plan
It's been on and off for a year now.... hope it happens i want to see F1 once in my life, missed Singapore F1 by one day a few years ago
yea i hope it happens too. USA is a big market for Formula 1, and if they make it in New Jersey, F1 would really steal the limelight all over america. Not only its great in New Jersey, but there are so much going on next year, first time in 20 years we will see new rule changes, engine being the most fuel efficient ever 40% less fuel than than what F1 is using right now. that would be a great showcase to present in front of US market, for all car manufacturers to reconsider coming back to Formula 1. Also good for sponsorship deals.

other than that, New Jersey is a great place to have F1, americans love racing in general so i am pretty sure they will love Formula 1 even more. Austin, Texas last year was enormous success.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:45 am

So Seb won again. In an Interview after the race he gave the followong reply why he thought his RB is so good at the moment:

"Wenn die anderen nach Hause gehen und sich die Eier in den Pool hängen, dann sind wir noch da und tüfteln weiter am Auto. Wir versuchen, noch mehr herauszuquetschen. So etwas macht über das Wochenende und über das Jahr gesehen den Unterschied."
(= "When the others go home and hang their balls into the pool, then we stay and continue to work at the car. We try to squeeze even more out of it. That makes the difference over the weekend and over the year.")

LOL, I just noticed that formula1.com has a censored version (the one I wrote down above was verbatim from TV XD):
"And today everything worked just perfectly. But that comes, of course, with a price: when others are already sitting at the poolside we are still in the paddock working meticulously on the smallest detail. So yes, success has its price. (laughs) But it does make a difference over a race weekend - and over the whole season."

No wonder that people who only get to read the streamlined and sanitized versions of what Seb says consider him boring...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm

rwo power wrote:So Seb won again. In an Interview after the race he gave the followong reply why he thought his RB is so good at the moment:

"Wenn die anderen nach Hause gehen und sich die Eier in den Pool hängen, dann sind wir noch da und tüfteln weiter am Auto. Wir versuchen, noch mehr herauszuquetschen. So etwas macht über das Wochenende und über das Jahr gesehen den Unterschied."
(= "When the others go home and hang their balls into the pool, then we stay and continue to work at the car. We try to squeeze even more out of it. That makes the difference over the weekend and over the year.")

LOL, I just noticed that formula1.com has a censored version (the one I wrote down above was verbatim from TV XD):
"And today everything worked just perfectly. But that comes, of course, with a price: when others are already sitting at the poolside we are still in the paddock working meticulously on the smallest detail. So yes, success has its price. (laughs) But it does make a difference over a race weekend - and over the whole season."

No wonder that people who only get to read the streamlined and sanitized versions of what Seb says consider him boring...
taking nothing away from Seb because he was absolutely stunning yesterday. but i dont like him saying that that others are sitting in the pool. if RB are not committed to RRA, and has excess employers of 650 people to take care of his car, while merc has just around 550. its only Ferrari and RB who are not bound to RRA so they have better resources. Merc spend less. if its anyone then its Ferrari who hasn;t lived upto expectation given they have resources matching to RB. Merc are out of picture when it comes to that

and i dont like him saying that people are sitting in the poolside. he obviously hasnt seen other people working their ass off and only sees his people doing their job. everybody in the F1 are hardworking people and its not just RB employees.

difference is that RB are clever in innovations and loopholes, details, so on. and like i said they have better resources.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:38 pm

Well, I guess he means more certain other drivers who prefer to spend lots of time with Twitter, Facebook, blogging and the like ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 am

rwo power wrote:Well, I guess he means more certain other drivers who prefer to spend lots of time with Twitter, Facebook, blogging and the like ^^
if its drivers then my bad ^O^ but i also went to official website of formula 1 and saw Q&A with seb after Singapore race, and he sounded as if he meant the teams.

i didnt like the cockiness of Seb. Its not about jealously but sometimes he lack respect towards rivals. but i guess congratulations to him, this season is as good as over because both ferrari and merc has come out publicly and said its all about focus on finishing second and focusing on 2014. Fernando says the only way he can push for title now is that if Seb has DNF and more luck every race, and thats not going to happen.

Meanwhile, Lewis has already forfeit this season only to focus towards ferrari now.

thing is its not Red Bull's fault in anyway that they are superior, ok RRA aside, and besides RRA was never about legally biding agreement; it was gentlemen's agreement but it was because friction between Ferrari and merc vs Red bull they quit, both Red Bull and Ferrari quit.
Its upto Merc Ferrari and Mclaren to catch up with Red Bull. Maybe Ferrari can do, maybe Mercedes can.

but i gotta feeling Merc can't keep consistency. its hard for them. I realize media had backlash on them saying merc has more Technical Directors now than anybody but they did the right thing. just getting 4-5 smart people in the team was a better move than recruiting 100 more people because it would have cost Merc a lot of money. Thas kept their status quo to this day regarding cost cutting and RRA and still be competitive enough. thats why i have started to admire their work because last year and year before that, they were nowhere!

2014 it is then! Red Bull has already finished this season

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:43 am

For those interested, I just got home from the premier for Rush. Damn near perfect movie, and if you are into F1, such as myself, you're going to love that not only does it meet your expectations but greatly exceeds them.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:46 am

Butt wrote:
JespSwe wrote:seems like New Jersey race next year is back on track, Sky Sports F1 reported that the organizers have made their payment to FOM. Its not official, but if FOM accepts, then we could well see street race at New York! It is possibly scheduled to happen right after Canadian Grand Prix if everything goes according to plan
It's been on and off for a year now.... hope it happens i want to see F1 once in my life, missed Singapore F1 by one day a few years ago
yes it has been confirmed now that Mexico and New Jersey is included in 2014 race season. Russia will also  host Formula 1 race for the first time, and we will have return of famous Austrian Grand Prix. (the track infamous for Barrichello handing his position to Michael Schumacher on team orders)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:48 am

Motogp69 wrote:For those interested, I just got home from the premier for Rush. Damn near perfect movie, and if you are into F1, such as myself, you're going to love that not only does it meet your expectations but greatly exceeds them.
want to see this movie at some point

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:54 am

I watch RUSH too a few days ago and the guy who played Nikki Lauda was amazing, got his accent and personality so right. Loved the movie, can't believe i never knew about these two guys
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:57 am

Motogp69 wrote:For those interested, I just got home from the premier for Rush. Damn near perfect movie, and if you are into F1, such as myself, you're going to love that not only does it meet your expectations but greatly exceeds them.
Watched the trailer y'day. Never knew about James Hunt, but it looks like a very good movie. Also want to watch the documentary, Senna.

Oh and by the way, I'm done with this season. Hoping the new rules, engines, and just all of the new changes brings a different Formula One next season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:23 am

After dominating the floodlit Grand Prix, German Vettel explained Red Bull's advantage by insisting that while his team works "very hard", the others are "hanging their balls in the pool very early on Fridays".

It may have been a joke, but Mercedes' Rosberg did not laugh.

"Maybe he shouldn't be thinking about my balls," he is quoted on Thursday by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

"It was definitely inappropriate," added Rosberg. "My team works its ass off. And he can't possibly know how much we work compared to them.

"My boys work like crazy."

And as F1 figures puzzle over why Vettel is being booed on post-race podiums, Rosberg said comments like the one made in Singapore do him no favours.

"He is in very clear danger of losing the respect of the other drivers," he said.

McLaren's Jenson Button agrees: "It was a wrong and unfair thing for Sebastian to say."

But Vettel said he found it "strange" that his comment was so controversial.

"It was not my intention to say anything against someone else," he said, "but only to show that our success is no accident."

----

so yeah its not nice hearing vettel say that. its not like if his team is working late hours and others are enjoying themselves. that was selfish of him to say. everybody even the smallest team, like marussia work their ass off to work hard.

in fact things are much easier for red bull because they got newey and other great engineers under him and they got in excess of 650 people in their team, 100 staffs more or even higher number of people than anybody in the team, with exception to ferrari.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:25 am

El Gunner wrote:
Watched the trailer y'day. Never knew about James Hunt, but it looks like a very good movie. Also want to watch the documentary, Senna.

Oh and by the way, I'm done with this season. Hoping the new rules, engines, and just all of the new changes brings a different Formula One next season.
me too man, saw trailer and looks great. i also didnt know much about james hunt, or lauda i knew he was triple world champion and was said to have one of the best drivers there was.

yah this season is as good as finished for the rest. if anything, its all about second place, and teams bringing upgrades that they can test for next season.

most big teams have already put concentration on 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Mclaren has confirmed that Peter Prodoumou will be joining Mclaren from Red Bull Racing.

Peter Prodoumou is contracted with Red Bull Racing until 2014, i think signing has lot to do with Mclaren's new engine partnership with Honda (Ted Kravitz, Sky sports f1 pit lane reporter said in practice session that, Honda's involvement with Mclaren is not just technical partnership but also financial and they have demanded that Mclaren-Honda will be competitive right from the start. )

and Peter Prodoumou is a former Mclaren chief aerodynamicist having started his career at Mclaren and one also so instrumental in bringing CFD technology in Mclaren. With him, Newey, at Mclaren they have won 2 championships. and Newey brought him to red bull.

so its a super signing for Mclaren, and Mclaren managing director Jonanthan Neale has said this is not the end of it, and Mclaren will be further strengthening the technical staffs.

as for top signing, yes it seems Peter Prodomou is the big name signing for Mclaren as rumoured.

Btw they also have signed Matt Morris already from Sauber.

Ross Brawn has yet to sign long term contract with Mercedes, and there was rumour that he might go to Mclaren, but Brawn has so far denied the exit, and says he is very much motivated in Mercedes project.

as far as red bull fans are concerned this is massive massive loss, not only peter prodoumou is probably i would say the best aerodynamicist in F1 currently, but he will be bringing lot of knowledge, and secrets from Red Bull. so its a massive lift for Mclaren, massive loss for Red bull, and this might affect them in the future, despite Newey presence, because Red bull was never strong just because of Newey. Peter Prodomou is a massive, well know technical guy, a great aerodynamicist.

as far as I am concerned, this leaves me question what will happen to current chief aerodynamicist - Doug Mckeirnan from Mclaren becauase he was very much a wanted man (Ferrari in particular - Pat Fry wanted him)

exciting days awaits.

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:16 pm

i would like to see if F1 has the balls to change some rules around to make F1 more exciting again. i remember like it was yesterday when Ferrari won 5 championships in a row and by the time june came around the championship was already wrapped up. even redbull's domination today doesnt even come close to how ferrari was dominating just 5-10 yrs ago. ppl lost interest and F1 lost money. then they brought in those stupid tire rules, and only 1 stop per race or, ur not allowed to change tires during the whole race and since then Ferrari went down the crapper and other teams caught up. lets see if Bernie & co will do the same this time around.
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:31 pm

TonyDaBeast wrote:i would like to see if F1 has the balls to change some rules around to make F1 more exciting again. i remember like it was yesterday when Ferrari won 5 championships in a row and by the time june came around the championship was already wrapped up. even redbull's domination today doesnt even come close to how ferrari was dominating just 5-10 yrs ago. ppl lost interest and F1 lost money. then they brought in those stupid tire rules, and only 1 stop per race or, ur not allowed to change tires during the whole race and since then Ferrari went down the crapper and other teams caught up. lets see if Bernie & co will do the same this time around.
umm they are making big changes in the rules next season... no one know hows well the cars will be next season, some aren't even sure if it will work till the end of the season. so much is happening the background with engineers moving one team to another

and i don't know what rules your are talking about because there have never been any 1 stop or no changing tire rules... this season has been all about tires and knowing when and how long to use them in the race
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Way too many bad rules.Horrible tyres...Driver importance diminished.

Still love it.

Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:14 am

Anyone think Vettel can win 8 in a row? He's at 5 now so it's very doable.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:23 am

Tire management has made the races boring for me.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:47 am

Certainly, I hope next year will be much more exciting.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:38 am

i think tire management has made it more fun IMO....in the beginning of the season no one who getting it right.

it's just later that Red Bulls have almost always got it right in Quali and then used that in pole position to win.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:16 pm

It just seems more fun but really it isn't.How many times have we heard race engineers say:

"We are not racing him,let him pass,save you tires"

"We are on a different strategy,don't waste your tires racing him"

"Do not try to pass him,drop back to a 2 second gap to save your tires"

How many great duels we have missed out on because this...F1 should be about flat out racing.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Completely agree with Vibe. Any race where the drivers have to go slower than they can is not worth watching. F1 used to be about cutting-edge technology. These days, it's not even a proper test of the drivers' capabilities and the innovative technology is limited to trying to find loopholes in the rules.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:13 pm

vettel is at 4 straight championships btw not 5 Razz

and yes butt, if i remember correctly, years ago when the only tires were michelin and bridgstone, i remember that u were not allowed to change ur tires during a whole race. michelin were known to also have the better tires thus penalizing Ferrari who were on bridgestone
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:16 am

its strange for me to say this but lately i am feeling F1 to be bored as f..k ... not because seb is dominating but all because of pirelli.

even yesterday, pirelli has been recommending teams who start with softs, not to do longer stint when they are in the phase of hard.

so, this utter stupidity of how pirelli is dictating the race is just plain stupid. we want the race to go absolutely under our own philosophy. from tires controversy to forcing teams to go under their own recommendation, and basically handcuffing teams from not doing their best to get the absolute maximum out of tires.

to be frank, the teams can now better off hiring tire engineers and rubber experts more than aerodynamicists, they will probably win races...

i hate this!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 pm

While everyone is praising Vettel for winning another Title.... Man Grosjean has gotten better and better 3 3rd position finishes in a row, and from 17th from the grid for the this one :bow:
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Congrats to Vettel, his dominance is something extraordinary.

But F1 is in a crisis for me. The racing has been made so artificial. It's all about who you race and when you push, all about tyres and DRS overtaking. There is no thrill, there are just calculations.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next