Lex
Mamad
The Franchise
ronalessi
Onyx
98 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by guest7 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 pm

And let's not forget how disgraceful Man Utd was towards the referee:

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 14 Ibuveu0ZmCGT68
Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 14 IzZzaDePbMqoZ
Sir Alex angry reaction toward the referee.

But what is the topping of the cake is Ferdinands disgraceful behaviour:
Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 14 IfMqWF94BPM1p

And let's not forget that I'd rather have this pen and red card instead of a red card we got from the Nani incident:

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 14 IJ6XysLT7IFnG

Overall, the ref did right but Man U were the better team. They just didn't deserve to win it, becouse they deserved a red card and we were clearly the better team with 10 men.

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Manchester United vs Real Madrid discussion

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 pm

If Van Pesie could have been killed by Ashley Williams kicking the ball into the back of his head. What could have happened to Arbeloa hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 pm

For me personally tonight was a sense of justice. Shelvey got sent off for no f*cking reason against United at Anfield earlier in the season and we dominated that game. This is just beautiful. I'm very happy, especially that they got f*cked over.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:47 pm

THREAD KILLER!!!!
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:Come on Dani.... the isn't La Liga where you get a red for bad breath lol. There was no way that play on Varane in the first leg was getting called in CL. If it was a dangerous play that could lead to injury, yes. Otherwise, it's the game.

There are sooooooooooooooo many calls i can point to that went in favor of both Man U and barca over the recent years that i'm not even going to go there.

Shat happens. Man U is out. life's a biatch and so is karma.

It was a foul and he was the last man back. I think thats a red by the rules.

We all know teams get decisions, Madrid are no exception..I can point to their decisions in their favour too other than tonight.

But again, I think a normal reacton is to say it badly impacted the game.

As you say, shit happens and when/if that happens to you later on in the competition, you should come with the same spirit.

Not saying you wont, just pointing that out.

I want to say one final thing about the red card, because im bored of talking about it.

I am like 99% sure none of you who were watching the game, for that 20 second spell after the Nani foul and before the card...where screaming..or even thinking about that being a red card.

You can perhaps tell me different, but I honestly dont believe it.

When he pulled out the red, I was not only disgusted at the decisions...but more than that, I was in shock.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 pm

Lets educate ourselves shall we ?

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2012_e.pdf

"Using excessive force" means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger if injuring his opponet.

A player who uses excessive force must be sent off.

Again Intent does not matter in this situation. Everyone talking about "intent" are embarrassing themselves including the idiot commentator. Why dont you do a word search for "Intent" and tell me what you find.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:50 pm

But he was looking at the ball Sad
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:I am like 99% sure none of you who were watching the game, for that 20 second spell after the Nani foul and before the card...where screaming..or even thinking about that being a red card.

THREAD KILLER!!!! x ∞
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:52 pm

As soon as that happened, I was like, RED card! Where is the RED card?
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Now you're taking what people are saying and applying it in silly ways which destabilizes any kind of decent argument you're trying to come up with. Which, really, didn't exist in the first place anyway.

"High kicks" happen all the time. They often aren't even called.

The game is played within reason. Of course you can't go in with your foot near someone's head. But at the same time, what Nani did was hardly dangerous and he didn't do it with the intent to hurt anyone.

The hardly dangerous part is why it's ok to give it a yellow. Because at the end of the day yeah it's a foul and yeah you shouldn't have your leg up that high. Fine- give him a yellow.

And that's why it should be given a yellow.

Giving a red is too far and wrong.

Mono- this isn't excessive force. Laughing at that one.

I'm going to have to agree with Dani here. This is boring me and you all are too biased and too stubborn to change your mind. I don't blame you for that, but I'm not going to continue arguing to no avail.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:53 pm

the franchise : your right, its likely that none of us thought it was a red before the ref showed the card but that doesnt make it any less of a vlid decision . also, i think that the nani red decision was far fairer than the second yellow and red that van persie got in the second leg when arsenal played barcelona, that really was a shocking and wrong decision .
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 pm

If we ( Madrid fans ) say United was better side its not because ref did wrong. we say it cuz 11 vs 11 they were better. the red was correct decision. stop blaming ref.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 pm

CBarca wrote:
Idiot wrote:
CBarca wrote:Not worth responding to.

How does someone kill another player the way Nani went to trap the ball?

Worthless talking about it.
kill is an obviously an exaggeration lol he could easily cause a Thoracic fracture to arbeloa or in general injure him really hard, thats what refs first priority should be, player's health, intention or not, dangerous play..

Anytime someone goes in for a tackle there is the risk of injury. Yet many tackles that could have injured someone are given yellows. Hell, there are tackles that have injured players, and they have been given yellows.

The game is played within reason.

What's your point, exactly?

what is your point? There are specific types of tackles that are considered dangerous... namely, when you show studs, you come from behind, your feet are off the ground, lead with both feet, etc. It's the risk of injury as a result of the play that is assessed. When you are trying to karate kick ab ball at chest level, the risk of injury is very high.

It's pretty clear. If you do something that has a higher likelihood to cause injury, the better the chances that a) the foul gets called and b) you get the maximum penalty. If your approach is relatively benign and you don't have a reputation for being a fouler, you will get the benefit of the doubt with referees.

I mean this is pretty darn obvious in all the leagues and competitions other than La Liga. In La Liga, they don't allow any physical play. Just the way it is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:54 pm

Player X does it to Messi, all the Barcelona fanboys and teammates scream for a red card + lifetime suspension
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 pm

Spoiler:

Sorry, but, why is this not even being discussed? CLEAR goal scoring opportunity blocked by an arm.

Madrid should have been up 2-0
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:56 pm

CBarca... you need a diaper change? lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Lex wrote:
Spoiler:

Sorry, but, why is this not even being discussed? CLEAR goal scoring opportunity blocked by an arm.

Madrid should have been up 2-0

Thank you.
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:57 pm

Madrid had every major call go their way. Without going too much into it, that much can at least be said.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:57 pm

I don't even particularly care lol. Some might say that's hypocritical.

But it's United, they got enough luck for the next 2 decades, if anyone deserves some bad luck it's them. Whether it was a red or not, it won't be a weight on my soul Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:57 pm

CBarca wrote:what Nani did was hardly dangerous
I don't have a PHD in medical science or anything, but there's a reason why Alton Towers doesn't have a "Get Fly Kicked In The Stomach By A 75kg Footballer Wearing Cleats" ride
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:58 pm

rofl
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:58 pm

There was no "excessive force", not idea what your on about.

He didnt even make a tackle, he didnt even know he he as in a tackle.

If he knew it was a tackle, missed and got Arbeloa by accident..I would agree, red card.

But he didnt even know Arbeloa was there.

edit : I said last thing before, but this is really the last thing. Yall can make your comments, but I am done because I think every relevant question has now been answered.

Last edited by The Franchise on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Come on Dani.... the isn't La Liga where you get a red for bad breath lol. There was no way that play on Varane in the first leg was getting called in CL. If it was a dangerous play that could lead to injury, yes. Otherwise, it's the game.

There are sooooooooooooooo many calls i can point to that went in favor of both Man U and barca over the recent years that i'm not even going to go there.

Shat happens. Man U is out. life's a biatch and so is karma.

It was a foul and he was the last man back. I think thats a red by the rules.

We all know teams get decisions, Madrid are no exception..I can point to their decisions in their favour too other than tonight.

But again, I think a normal reacton is to say it badly impacted the game.

As you say, shit happens and when/if that happens to you later on in the competition, you should come with the same spirit.

Not saying you wont, just pointing that out.

I want to say one final thing about the red card, because im bored of talking about it.

I am like 99% sure none of you who were watching the game, for that 20 second spell after the Nani foul and before the card...where screaming..or even thinking about that being a red card.

You can perhaps tell me different, but I honestly dont believe it.

When he pulled out the red, I was not only disgusted at the decisions...but more than that, I was in shock.

exactly, had the ref immediately pulled out his red and given it to nani i dont think it would have caused so much shock to united as it did. the delaying built up so much suspense that it completely threw off uniteds play.

im also sure that if they had somehow dealt with those few minutes after the red card they would have won comfortably, it wasnt surprising that both goals came in such a close time interval due to the red card trauma. but even so you could tell that with 10 men united were still the better team tonight.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:00 pm

btw how good was the flick by ozil in the lead up to ronaldo's goal, world class . also, van persie has to improve his finishing
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 pm

barca 2011 wrote:Madrid had every major call go their way. Without going too much into it, that much can at least be said.
Spoiler:

Except this one

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Laughing
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next