Install the skinReturn to the skin page

2005 Champions League Final

3 posters

Go down

2005 Champions League Final Empty 2005 Champions League Final

Post by scotladd Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 am

Watched it, as advised here:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t27107p18-my-first-football-game

Few things I didn't quite understand. The announcers said something at the beginning of the match about pool having a certain number of wins, all in red while their opponents were all in white. Are colors arbitrary?

The game seemed closely marked and quite physical compared to the RM/Barca match I mentioned in the above thread. I was a bit confused by the missed offside call between the Gerrard?Smicer goals. Not pulling a Red Card on the Gerrard penalty was odd I thought, but meh. The tackle on Smicer on his last breakway in overtime seemed quite free kick worthy. Did I miss something there?

Awesome shootout by the way. Couldnt write a better Hollywood script.
scotladd
scotladd
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

2005 Champions League Final Empty Re: 2005 Champions League Final

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:06 am

Greatest CL final EVER! :bow:

Few things I didn't quite understand. The announcers said something at the beginning of the match about pool having a certain number of wins, all in red while their opponents were all in white. Are colors arbitrary?

Normally a team has three different kits. The home kit, the away kit and the alternative kit.

As it was a final both Liverpool and Milan were allowed to wear their primary kits - but both clubs shared the same primary coloured kit (red). We were able to wear the red kit as we had more wins than Milan during that CL campaign.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:10 am

ynwa wrote:Greatest CL final EVER! :bow:

Normally a team has three different kits. The home kit, the away kit and the alternative kit.

As it was a final both Liverpool and Milan were allowed to wear their primary kits - but both clubs shared the same primary coloured kit (red). We were able to wear the red kit as we had more wins than Milan during that CL campaign.

Also it's a Milan tradition to where white kits in the CL final, so I'm sure they didn't mind one bit.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum