Nirgall
Valkyrja
Die Borussen
Casciavit
82 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Fifa Ballon d'or

Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Vote_lcap65%Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Voting_bar 65% 
[ 11 ]
Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Vote_lcap24%Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Voting_bar 24% 
[ 4 ]
Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Vote_lcap11%Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Voting_bar 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Empty Re: Fifa Ballon d'or

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:13 pm

Agree a lot with Cas... its pretty simple, some of these posts r mind boggling Razz I mean I guess ppl will always be biased toward who they like n prefer no matter what happens...

Definitely interesting what will happen next yr due to the timing of the WC. IIRC though didnt the FIFA WPOTY or was it old Ballon D'or award took place in Jan. anyway? They will just make it in Jan. I guess for enough time after the WC final to count the votes n prepare for the ceremony.

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:32 pm

Idk why you guys making such a fuss I mean it's been a clear popularity contest since messi won in 2010 even more when Roanldo won in 2013. This just proved it further.

Either the man who led Corruptgentina to another fake copa america (famously known as the COVID America since 8 of 10 teams played with their B/C team) and led Barca to the incredible achviement of the CDR or the man who won the German double by statpadding against the likes of Fortuna Dusseldorf and Kaiserslaughten week in and week out were the options. I'll leave it up to yall to decide who is more popular.

In seriousness how DISGUSTING of Fraud Football to make an award just for Lewa. Like why don't you guys next time just take a dump on his face? At rhe very least give him the 2020 Ballon Dor you unjustifiably canceled. Why are France football still allowed to make judgements on who's the best? Clearly in PSGs payroll by this point
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:55 pm

The whole thing is a joke, not just this year, but several of those in past decade.

It should be to the best player in the year. No way Messi was that even though he was the best player on pathetic Barca. Normally you would expect it would be the best player on the best or one of the top teams. No way anyone on a la liga team would be deserving for last year as none of them were amongst best teams. And the added dimension is how successful was the player’s NT and important was that player to that team’s success. And counting 3rd rate trophies like copa America or liga copa should be a non contributing factor.

Someone has said, it has become a popularity contest and that is exactly what it has become. Actually it became that way because of the Messi - Ronaldo rivalry.

Most years, it was just a decision between the two when there was solid rationale in at least a couple of those years, that the 3rd guy in the running actually had a better year.

The other joke is the calendar year basis rather than a more logical season year.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:02 am

I believe most people do understand that the award is for the SEASON not the CALENDAR YEAR. But perhaps for some it's too difficult of a concept to fathom when the award title only has the calendar year in its name. Maybe they should just rebrand it 2020- 21 Ballon D'or winner instead of 2021 Ballon D'or winner. I still think most get that it's for the SEASON that most recently finished in that year, which it should be.

Voters always look at the finished SEASON when voting for the award. That's why voting ends in OCTOBER. Season ends in May / June and then we have international tournaments ending in July usually and then it's holiday time / transfer time. They're not going to close voting at this time so they give voters to properly process who they think should win, so they give them till the end of October.

Whatever great form Salah and Benzema etc are carrying this current season, only counts for NEXT year's Ballon D'or, not 2021. Why on earth should the little period at the beginning of a new season between Aug to Nov matter for the award.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:20 am

On a separate - how is funny the Spanish / Real Madrid crew trying up to hype Benzema up for the award. Shows their true power considering he got 4th place and acting like he got snubbed. Laughing

What did Benzema do? Lead Real Madrid to no titles in a weak year for Barca? Take Giroud's spot in the stacked WC winning France NT and get kicked out of the round of 16 by Switzerland? Laughing

I do rate Benz highly though and good to see him finally getting more attention but defs doesn't deserve this award or even 4th.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:51 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Generally speaking attacking n flair players are better than say defenders though right? Razz Even as kids or teenager the better players mostly would be the attackers instead of playing to be the defenders. Its just nature of the game, it requires less skills overall to be a defending than an attacking player. Hence this award n any other similar kind naturally means attacking type of players win it most of the time.

The Best Striker award clearly is just a consolation for Lewand this yr. Everyone can see it would be stupid at any other yr with this but not best MF/D award. They improvise n change things yr by yr if need Very Happy
Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 200.gif?cid=85b9463dlnps6n98fb2bovc47wusueyyigbtdfxooql6v1q4&rid=200
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:53 am

futbol_bill wrote:The whole thing is a joke, not just this year, but several of those in past decade.

It should be to the best player in the year. No way Messi was that even though he was the best player on pathetic Barca. Normally you would expect it would be the best player on the best or one of the top teams. No way anyone on a la liga team would be deserving for last year as none of them were amongst best teams. And the added dimension is how successful was the player’s NT and important was that player to that team’s success. And counting 3rd rate trophies like copa America or liga copa should be a non contributing factor.

Someone has said, it has become a popularity contest and that is exactly what it has become. Actually it became that way because of the Messi - Ronaldo rivalry.

Most years, it was just a decision between the two when there was solid rationale in at least a couple of those years, that the 3rd guy in the running actually had a better year.

The other joke is the calendar year basis rather than a more logical season year.

Factos👍👀
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm

The season instead of calendar yr definitely would be better, but I doubt they will change it Razz

As for it being purely popularity contest though, maybe a little bit, otherwise the likes of Jorginho wouldnt have gotten so many votes.

Again its all typical GL, the award is absolute crap ppl all say, n dont give it any credit at all Razz This thread really has shown ppl having so many difference views n preferences, its impossible for the award to make everyone happy, there can be only one Balldon D'or winner:D
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:05 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Idk why you guys making such a fuss I mean it's been a clear popularity contest since messi won in 2010 even more when Roanldo won in 2013. This just proved it further.

Either the man who led Corruptgentina to another fake copa america (famously known as the COVID America since 8 of 10 teams played with their B/C team) and led Barca to the incredible achviement of the CDR or the man who won the German double by statpadding against the likes of Fortuna Dusseldorf and Kaiserslaughten week in and week out were the options. I'll leave it up to yall to decide who is more popular.

In seriousness how DISGUSTING of Fraud Football to make an award just for Lewa. Like why don't you guys next time just take a dump on his face? At rhe very least give him the 2020 Ballon Dor you unjustifiably canceled. Why are France football still allowed to make judgements on who's the best? Clearly in PSGs payroll by this point

I'd say the difference is that this is no longer the FIFA BdO. It's now just the BdO classic, where only journalists vote. They're supposed to be a little more discerning than the players/coaches that vote on the FIFA version. And had only journalists voted in the past decade, we would've seen some other winners like Sneijder and Ribery.

In any case, if the award goes to the 'best' player then Messi ought to win it every year, even if others win more titles he's been the best player in the world for some time now. The post-Messi era will be exciting.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:00 pm

Correction- it should go to the best contributing player. I.e. the best player on a shit team shouldn’t be a consideration. Similarly Sneijder, Robben and Iniesta would have won over Ronaldo / Messi.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:02 pm

And change the name of thread to French Joke Ballon d’or
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:03 pm

this whole ballon d'or thing is overblown tbh.
first of all there has never been a criteria, even before the cristiano messi era you could poke holes in why almost every player who won it shouldnt have won it. there was no strong social media presence and some of them weren't even awarded at galas and all that

my pick would have been oblak but i can understand the arguments for messi lewa and all these dudes (i'm sorry, i like what cristiano did for madrid, but his name shouldnt be anywhere near the award this year. anyone who feels otherwise probably just has a man-crush, this was prolly one of his worst seasons). i dont buy into this eurocentric view that copa america is a mickey mouse cup, cos it isnt....on a national level only the world cup ranks higher (euros, asian africa copa america r all equal levels)....confederations cup, euro nations league (or whatever its called), are minor titles to me

Last edited by titosantill on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 pm

basketball is largely stats dominated, football isnt as much; so changing the criteria is a tough ask. i used to say they should scrap the award, but ive come to realize what i dislike the most is the campaigning. forget about social media, campaigns going on in the mainstream media have gotten more and more pathetic in the last 10 or so years. like after every game coaches, players get asked about ballon dor, like we've got a game in 2 days

for me, you can keep the same criteria, but immediately the season or world cup (major continental cups) ends, a week or two after, tally your votes....that way we can go thru september october november without these ridiculous campaigns. at least if there are campaigns in april may june, its in crunch time of the season, and as players are getting knocked out of tournaments, its hopefully shutting their so called campaign managers up
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:10 pm

BORUSSIA!! wrote:On a separate - how is funny the Spanish / Real Madrid crew trying up to hype Benzema up for the award. Shows their true power considering he got 4th place and acting like he got snubbed. Laughing

What did Benzema do? Lead Real Madrid to no titles in a weak year for Barca? Take Giroud's spot in the stacked WC winning France NT and get kicked out of the round of 16 by Switzerland? Laughing

I do rate Benz highly though and good to see him finally getting more attention but defs doesn't deserve this award or even 4th.

Uhh, yeah, hold it right there.

Benzema was let down by an awful manager and he was playing with toddlers and average attackers last season. He carried us through the CL and almost got us to the final, while carrying us through la liga and we got fucked over by la liga refs (literally) at the last game.

He was a one man army in the attack and not only did he score, but his technique, playmaking, hold up play and work rate were world class. Like I said. He was a one man army. Defensively we were solid but without him we become a mid table team last season in the Europa league

Also @ El G, I never said that..? Actually quite the opposite, I hold everyone here to a high regard besides Barca learning and harmonica. Everyone here is intelligent so I expect intelligent replies
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:48 am

Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Ii7j61l445881

rofl

Wait, how did he beat Cronaldo for Cronaldo award? Shocked
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:40 pm

https://www.globesoccer.com/

Roflmfao, Lewand gets the TikToks (sponsor) award of best player while Mbappe gets the real one... I guess they were too embarrassed to give it to CR this yr XD

This could also be named the anti-Messi award... or the best friends of Dubai of the year award... ffs, worst of the bunch...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:46 pm

Mickey mouse

All these awards contradict themselves and only Ballon d'Or is prestigious

Lewandowski TikTok player of the year is quite sad. Next time just send him a golden plaque written FUCK YOU on it.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:03 pm

I would never accept a tiktok balon d'or. This is such an insult

Fifa Ballon d'or - Page 19 Z27951639Q,Robert-Lewandowski-na-gali-Globe-Soccer-Awards

Daamnnnn rofl unreal
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:07 pm

Photos look like they're photoshopped ffs. How can they be so vain to participate it? rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:59 pm

A tik tok player of the year award is absolutely foul. Especially when the perception is that you were robbed of the Ballon d'or and you couldn't win the irrelevant Dubai player of the year award either. rofl
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:23 am

Golden Player of the year (Tuttosport)
Striker of the year
TikTok Player of the year

Lewandowski in 2021 :bow: pretty much the individual treble of sadness
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 am

Prolly not many interested, but the FIFA Best award Lewand managers to win the best player award Razz They also gave CR a special award for scoring the most goals in the CL ever or something, more like a PR n retirement award for him Very Happy

Interesting they showed the list of the captains worldwide that votes, n it really shows so much bias these ppl vote with...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:51 am

You’re so salty it’s sad. Neither you or harmonica contribute anything of note of this forum besides trolling. Was better having you two on my ignore list. I’ll continue to do that
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:01 am

The best XI formation is a 3-3-4 rofl mental gymnastics to somehow include Penaldo :facepalm:
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:29 am

Ya, 3-3-4 definitely was so overboard, just to fit in the popular stars CR n Haaland, etc Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 pm

What's tik tok? An organisation that sells clocks? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend