Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle: The concept of defending is lost... - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle: The concept of defending is lost...

+18
SUPERCARTTS
SamuelJayC
julias
Chumlum
Amar
Le Samourai
Wilson37
Sushi Master
Sina
Juveman17
getdarker
urbaNRoots
Rev
RealGunner
goonbrain
REWB
Eman
Jay29
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle: The concept of defending is lost... - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle: The concept of defending is lost...

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 1:08

Entertaining game which I didn't envisage. Besides the free-kick which was just unfortunate, I'd have to say both Wilshere and Gibbs are to blame for the other two goals.

Wilshere can be seen clearly watching Marveux run in on the blind side and failed to track the run. Gibbs' hand were already full with attacking players already in the box. Wilshere was plain lazy in that instance.

As for Gibbs being at fault for Ba's goal - admittedly, he had his positioning initially correct, then the flight of the ball fooled him - by which time BA had gained an extra yard on him.

In hindsight, these errors should be easily corrected because evidently we got sloppy and naive. The danger was there to see. It wasn't as if triangles were played around us or we held a ridiculous high line that was exploited - they were simply individual errors that I'm confident will get fixed.

Massive round of applause to Theo for actually taking the game by the balls. He's coming into himself and looks a complete different players I've been berating for several seasons now. CF is his position- end of,

SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle: The concept of defending is lost... - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal 7 - 3 Newcastle: The concept of defending is lost...

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 1:23

I sense we'll see a few changes for the trip to Southampton on Tuesday. Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Rosicky I think might start.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 4:50

GoonerJay29 wrote:Done with the first post. It was fun writing about this game since there were so many errors to point out. Laughing
completely agree.. Just press these midtable/lower teams, that is enough to spoil their game.. Instead we stayed back even against Bradford allowing them to make simple passes and build play.. And i cant expect the jaded excuse.. These guys are professionals.. They are expected to play twice a week.. Podolski showed fantastic energy yesterday closing on others.. Usually only Wilshere does that.. We should press more together as a team.. And why Cazorla is either on excellent mode otherwise on anonymous mode..? Gibbs had his best offensive performance and worst defensive performance.. His crosses were really good yesterday..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 4:57

Samuelj29060 wrote:I sense we'll see a few changes for the trip to Southampton on Tuesday. Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Rosicky I think might start.
Rosicky should start as CAM.. Cazorla may be shifted wide or even rested for the next match... Also would like to see Jenkinson getting games.. And Giroud starting CF with Walcott on right..

Sczeny
Jenko-Met-Kos-Gibbs
Arteta-Wilshere
Walcott-Rosicky-Podolski
Giroud
Podolski and Rosicky to be replaced by Ox and Cazorla after 60 minutes..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 10:58

That was mental. I got so squiffy I fell asleep at 1-0 (it was about 1am here at the time).

Watched the re-run just now without knowing the final score.

Mental! Absolutely mental! Really enjoyed it because we look like we have real pace, skill and good strikers. Only problem is our defending. Not just the back four but the team as a whole seem to lose focus and let runners just move away into space. Sagna possibly had his worst game ever for us. Obertan raped him all game. Gibbs is like Marc Overmars going forward and just like Marc Overmars defensively Shocked Vermealen looked nervous and I was almost certain Kos was gonna get his usual own goal. He almost did. but instead decided to pass the ball to Ba one yard from goal.

But, let's not complain too much. We were sensational going forward. I've not seen us carve through a team in the last 20 minutes like that since...well, the days of Henry and Pires.

We do need a DM. That seems obvious to me.

I don't give a shit who we sign though, the one player we MUST pay and keep is Theo. I would not let him leave in Jan even if he doesn't sign. We need him.

Maybe he's seeing how the season goes up front and who Arsene brings in in Jan before signing a new contract. You never know, he may sign one in the close season after Wenger buys a few big names.

The other worry is that he ends up top scorer and some big fish come sniffing. If he ends up at Man Utd he should be shot in front of his family.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 12:24

Don't for
Wilson37 wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:I sense we'll see a few changes for the trip to Southampton on Tuesday. Mertesacker, Jenkinson, Rosicky I think might start.
Rosicky should start as CAM.. Cazorla may be shifted wide or even rested for the next match... Also would like to see Jenkinson getting games.. And Giroud starting CF with Walcott on right..

Sczeny
Jenko-Met-Kos-Gibbs
Arteta-Wilshere
Walcott-Rosicky-Podolski
Giroud
Podolski and Rosicky to be replaced by Ox and Cazorla after 60 minutes..

Yeh maybe, but the FA Cup game at Swansea on Sunday is maybe a better opportunity to rotate the squad. While it will be a very tough game obviously, and we dare not lose (otherwise the no trophy in 8 years talk will return) we have to give other players a chance too.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 13:19

Ramsey is slowly starting to re discover his form. Full match against swans will do him no harm
Coq is also beginning to become more mature

Right Sub Right Time!!! This is much better arsenal !

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 19:01

If we win our game in hand we will be 6 points behind City at 2nd

hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 19:22

We play City at home in January.

hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 19:24

We should stop talking or we might end up 13 points behind 4th hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 20:52

boyzis wrote:Ramsey is slowly starting to re discover his form. Full match against swans will do him no harm

Based on what exactly? His 15 min cameo or when he's playing wide attacking right??? All it takes is for him to start there against Soton the we'll be back at square one again
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun 30 Dec 2012 - 20:57

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
boyzis wrote:Ramsey is slowly starting to re discover his form. Full match against swans will do him no harm

Based on what exactly? His 15 min cameo or when he's playing wide attacking right??? All it takes is for him to start there against Soton the we'll be back at square one again

I agree, there is a reason we keep winning with out Hervinho and Ramsey.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 31 Dec 2012 - 9:03

Crazy game... At halftime I was like "feck this game. It's so fecking dead" Newcastle were trying a little harder than us in the 1st half, imo. We juz looked at quick counter attacks and Walcott messed up two other goalscoring opportunities in the 1st half.

Second half we picked up our play and started moving a little bit quicker, and inevitably a goal for us was going to come sooner rather than later, coz I knew how Newcastle's defense was at sixes and sevens. We were lucky they were that awful in defending, but we also took our chances well, like for instance Giroud's first goal.

The goals we conceded were all poor and preventable. Sagna was a stupid foul added to Wilshere not charging the ball for the first goal. Gibbs taking his eyes off of his opponent in the other two goals.

But before the game I said we'd win this one. Because I juz knew at the end of the day we'd have a little more quality, stamina and believe.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum