Die Borussen
Valkyrja
Real Kandahar
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Di Maria vs. Ribery - Page 2 Empty Re: Di Maria vs. Ribery

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Mou would rather kill himself than replace Ronaldo with Denis, or anyone of our youth team for that matter lol

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Di Maria's overrated. He's way too haphazard.

Ribery can be the focal point of a team.
Like with France? Laughing

Most of the games Ribery plays are a complete destruction of random Bundesliga minnows.

Di Maria is hit or miss but is playing in a more competitive and generally stronger league.

Ribery may be more consistent and has better decision making but remember, he's much older than Di Maria, and I fully expect Di Maria to be better than he ever was in the future.

So much bias in this post that i can't find logic anywhere.

But then you think Lamela is better than Gotze and Reus is overrated. I'll let it go
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm

Albiceleste wrote:#SaveHimCheryshev

thought I saw him playing in defense one game Laughing

you are probably referring to Juanfran our other winger who has played RB sometimes
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:36 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Di Maria's overrated. He's way too haphazard.

Ribery can be the focal point of a team.
Like with France? Laughing

Most of the games Ribery plays are a complete destruction of random Bundesliga minnows.

Di Maria is hit or miss but is playing in a more competitive and generally stronger league.

Ribery may be more consistent and has better decision making but remember, he's much older than Di Maria, and I fully expect Di Maria to be better than he ever was in the future.

So much bias in this post that i can't find logic anywhere.
In the games Ribery has played in Bundesliga this season, Bayern have conceded 1 goal in total, while scoring almost 30 goals.

Are you going to now argue that La Liga isn't stronger and more competitive than the Bundesliga? Laughing

I find it hard to take "world class players" in the Bundesliga seriously.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Are you going to now argue that La Liga isn't stronger and more competitive than La Liga?
I think both are pretty equal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 pm

That said, Bayern München have been Ribery-depended all season, but undervalue the league as much as you want though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:59 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:That said, Bayern München have been Ribery-depended all season, but undervalue the league as much as you want though.

No they haven't.

Muller has been much better and they have more individual talent than basically any Bundesliga team.

I think Ribery is better..he has better understanding for the game but there are those that are saying he's better at everything.

He isn't.

Di Maria has an incredible workrate and masks the right hand side like no other winger bar perhaps Valencia can do. Add to that he has the most vision for a final ball on the team I've seen since Guti.

He needs a right back for proper spacing, he's playing with a disadvantage at the moment.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Most of the games Ribery plays are a complete destruction of random Bundesliga minnows.

Not sure if serious.

So Real Madrid are constantly challenged by the might of teams like Levante, Sevilla, Deportivo, and Osasuna, while Bayern have the privilige to mob the floor with scrubs like Leverkusen, Schalke, Hannover, and Stuttgart, all of which are cruising through their European Campaigns atm?

Hell, even relegation-fodder like Wolfsburg have players like Diego, Kjaer, and Bas Dost.

(Did not mention Dortmund, because I also did not mention Barca :p )

Ribéry faces at least the competition di Maria does, if not more so, the lack of fullback, work rate, and Mous predictibility are hardly the fault of either of di Maria or Ribéry, and it doesn't mean that La Liga is suddenly more competetive than it was last season, just because the manager lost the plot and all fullbacks got beaten with the brittle-bone-stick.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:55 pm

Le Samourai wrote:No they haven't.

Muller has been much better and they have more individual talent than basically any Bundesliga team.

I think Ribery is better..he has better understanding for the game but there are those that are saying he's better at everything.

He isn't.

Di Maria has an incredible workrate and masks the right hand side like no other winger bar perhaps Valencia can do. Add to that he has the most vision for a final ball on the team I've seen since Guti.

He needs a right back for proper spacing, he's playing with a disadvantage at the moment.

Just look at Bayern vs Nürnberg, vs Leverkusen, and other matches he missed, Bayern struggled to score and dominate the opposition as they do with Ribery. As good as Müller has been he's just not as influential as Ribery is for Bayern, whether it's style of play or something else I don't know and I'm not only talking about goals and assists, but overall Bayern play better football with Ribery than without him.

Remove Ribery from the team and Bayern are less stronger, and it's not a bad thing because he's a world class winger who would make any team better.

As for the question I can't really tell, both are world class but saying one is "far" better than the other one is being purely biased.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:47 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Most of the games Ribery plays are a complete destruction of random Bundesliga minnows.

Not sure if serious.

So Real Madrid are constantly challenged by the might of teams like Levante, Sevilla, Deportivo, and Osasuna, while Bayern have the privilige to mob the floor with scrubs like Leverkusen, Schalke, Hannover, and Stuttgart, all of which are cruising through their European Campaigns atm?

Hell, even relegation-fodder like Wolfsburg have players like Diego, Kjaer, and Bas Dost.

(Did not mention Dortmund, because I also did not mention Barca :p )

Ribéry faces at least the competition di Maria does, if not more so, the lack of fullback, work rate, and Mous predictibility are hardly the fault of either of di Maria or Ribéry, and it doesn't mean that La Liga is suddenly more competetive than it was last season, just because the manager lost the plot and all fullbacks got beaten with the brittle-bone-stick.
The average La Liga team is far more likely to challenge the top dogs than the average Bundesliga team.

As far as the teams you mentioned, the la liga ones, have indeed proved to be very stiff opposition, for Real Madrid and Barcelona (the two best teams in the world, imo), even though there is 'no parity' and it's a 'two team league' and its the 'sunny scottish league' Laughing (you didn't say this but it's a slightly common notion among league fanboys)

Meanwhile, like the rest of the league, most of the Bundesliga teams you mentioned get regularly battered by Bayern. Dortmund, Bayern and to a lesser extent, Schalke, carry the Bundesliga in quality. Honestly, aside from a handful of teams, I doubt more than few would bat an eyelid if one of the other BL teams got relegated.

You can't seriously tell me that with a goal difference of 28-1 in the games Ribery has played in the BL, that he faces more competitive teams than Di Maria.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:19 pm

I really don't understand how this is even a debate.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm

My vote would go to Ribery overall.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:08 am

peerIess wrote:I really don't understand how this is even a debate.

this. sometimes I would tend to think that this forum can't surprise one anymore, but considering the amout of shit that was written in this thread - it obviously can. it'd be a waste of time to actually dissect the posts of Albiceleste. just so much fail.

ribery is better at everything except speed.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Bump. Your thoughts?
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:36 pm

dunno why you bumped it because except for free cat, literally everyone agreed ribery was better lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:23 pm

Di maria has time to improve.. people are way too harsh on him
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Ribery all day everyday.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 26, 2014 1:52 am

Is Di Maria a better player than Ribery ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon May 26, 2014 8:44 am

Valkyrja wrote:Is Di Maria a better player than Ribery ?

No. Even though Ribery had a pretty poor season by his standards, hes still a far better player than Di Maria, who had probably his best footballing season to date. Class is permanent.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 26, 2014 9:12 am

Arquitescu wrote:You know if someone asked me a year or two ago I would have said Franck Ribery without a doubt and seconds hesitation. Yet I've noticed every single time he comes against a fullback who can actually read the opponent and defend, Ribery always tend to disappear as this mainly has to do with his somewhat predictable repertoire of moves and lack of guile when it comes to beating his man. He would trump Di Maria in his shots and crosses but when it comes to the over all package I'd take Di Maria over him.

Why? Di Maria is quite unpredictable in his trickery and has shown great improvement in linking up with his team mates. His final ball is also one of the best in the world from a wide player and you will never see him stop working for his team. He is just the more consistent and effective player at the end of the day.

Proud

Though Ribery a year later proved me wrong as well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 26, 2014 9:18 am

Start of the year Ribery was better, Di Maria finished stronger. Ribery is going downhill and Di Maria is going upwards. I expect Di Maria to be better outright either next season or the season after.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2