Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
messixaviesta
Khaled
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D Empty Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:03 pm

ThiagoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo Very Happy:D

Thiago renews his contract until 2015

FC Barcelona is pleased to announce that it has reached an agreement with Thiago Alcántara to renew his contract with the Club for two more seasons, until 30th of June 2015.

The buyout clause of the new contract will be 90 million Euros.

The signing of the contract will take place today, Wednesday, at 17.00. Later there will be a photo session, open to the media, at the doors of the FC Barcelona offices.

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/29/n110629118205.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D Empty Re: Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Wonderful. Although he may still struggle to get enough minutes, we can now put a firm end to all the overtures from various clubs towards him.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D Empty Re: Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Update:After his nose operation on Monday, Thiago is not yet able to speak so he couldn't make a public statement on his renewal.

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D 5in3sx

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D 5imvih

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D H4b8cgaj
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Mazinho @Thi_Alcantara91 dad admitting to the press, this was his son chosen option

http://twitpic.com/5imyrz

he has the Barca DNA Very Happy:D
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Sorry to rain on the parade....doesnt mean anything positive.

All it means now is if he is sold/throw in to a deal to get Fabregas, his value is higher.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Yeah... I don't see this as cause for celebration either. His likelihood of leaving is just as high as before.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Mazinho (Thiago's father/agent):

"Thiago love the renewal and very happy as he wants to stay with Barça for all his life."

"It's always clear that the club wouldn't use Thiago as a bargaining chip. The club has always been in touch, calm, & reassuring."

"I'm not worried one iota for the possible arrival of Cesc. They're two players of different profiles. There is room for both."

"Thiago is very competitive, it's been shown in U21. The boy doesn't hide anything, he knows to work the spaces with Barca."

"There are always great players in Barca and players have to fight and work to earn the spot."

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:Sorry to rain on the parade....doesnt mean anything positive.

All it means now is if he is sold/throw in to a deal to get Fabregas, his value is higher.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah... I don't see this as cause for celebration either. His likelihood of leaving is just as high as before.

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D Gtfo

With your.......

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D Spreading-the-disease-negativity-anthrax-narrow-experience-s-demotivational-posters-1292213894
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Projection, creativity and personality ensured

Thiago Alcantara was reaffirmed in the recent European Under-21 Championship as one of the most promising midfielders in Europe. Before that he had weaved his magic with the first team and in the youth ranks of FC Barcelona.

He’s only 20 years old, but he’s long been considered the new pearl of La Masia. Thiago Alcantara, son of Mazinho, came into the youth set-up in 2005 in the Cadet B team, and since then he’s made meteoric progress through the Barça ranks. Extremely technical and very ambitious, he was a cornerstone of the Cadet A and Junior A teams before getting into the B Team, where he coincided with Guardiola and Luis Enrique as coaches.

Every day he carries more weight in the first team

Thiago's first team debut was in 2007, in a Catalonian Cup match against Girona. Although he was a regular with the reserve team, two years later he made his debut in the league away to Mallorca. But it wasn’t until this season that Thiago became a regular at first team training sessions and participated in twelve league games, in which he scored two goals. At the same time he contributed to the best campaign in the history of the B team in the Second Division..

Unusual quality

So, the Ciutat Esportiva, the Miniestadi, and the Camp Nou have been able to enjoy Thiago’s magic. His football is very attractive (it’s common to see him play the ball with the outside of his foot or pass without looking). He’s accustomed to playing in the double pivot role and with the ball at his feet he’s elegant, accurate, and breaks down defences. Thanks to his great vision and daring attitude, he has made some incredible assists. He can also get into the area, shoot, and score goals.

Feelings after the European Championships

Over and above his performances for Barça, Thiago Alcantara has shone in the younger ranks of the Spanish international side. Especially brilliant was his performance in the last European Under-21 Championships. The midfielder was the leader of the team managed by Luis Milla, who won the Championship with the help of a brilliant Thiago goal from a free-kick in the Final.

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/29/n110629118208.html?utm_source=FCBarcelona.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=FCBarcelona&utm_term=FCBarcelona&utm_content=Football
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:31 pm

Just Look @ this Pic Very Happy:D

Official: THIAGoOoOoOo Renews Until 2015 :D:D 2011-06-29_FIRMA_RENOVACION_CONTRATO_THIAGO_ALCANTARA_005
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Sorry to rain on the parade....doesnt mean anything positive.

dani, in all these years that I have followed the transfer market, hardly ever has a player been sold in the same summer in which he has renewed his contract. I can see him going out on a one year loan at most. I am quite confident he will not be used for any kind of barter. The best thing about this is that it is a thorough rebuff to all those clubs who were chasing him.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:23 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

dani, in all these years that I have followed the transfer market, hardly ever has a player been sold in the same summer in which he has renewed his contract. I can see him going out on a one year loan at most. I am quite confident he will not be used for any kind of barter. The best thing about this is that it is a thorough rebuff to all those clubs who were chasing him.

Perhaps not, but there is always a first. But what could still happen more realistically is a loan deal.

To be honest, I dont believe he is going this season for sale. Not just because of the new contract, but also just because I dont think Arsenal want another "project" player. Maybe Arsenal has made that clear, so it makes sense to reup his deal. However, what I do worry about is he eventually leaving, because of Cesc. Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thaigo for 2 positions...at what stage will Thiago be the clear cut starter? When Iniesta becomes 32? He isnt going to wait that long.

I just dont see this changing anything long term for Thaigo.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:34 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

Do you remember the Felipe Melo saga? Renewed for '4 years' then sold. If Cesc comes then Thiago will likely force his way out. I would, too.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Perhaps not, but there is always a first. But what could still happen more realistically is a loan deal.

To be honest, I dont believe he is going this season for sale. Not just because of the new contract, but also just because I dont think Arsenal want another "project" player. Maybe Arsenal has made that clear, so it makes sense to reup his deal. However, what I do worry about is he eventually leaving, because of Cesc. Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thaigo for 2 positions...at what stage will Thiago be the clear cut starter? When Iniesta becomes 32? He isnt going to wait that long.

I just dont see this changing anything long term for Thaigo.

Well let's hope not.

I agree with you that this does not secure him for the long term. I am only happy that we are safe for one season at least.

I honestly think he could get a good number of minutes this season itself if Pep shows faith in him and Keita is not used as often. See Xavi's age and Iniesta's injury problems means both the maestros could do with some rest. So why don't we rotate players especially against the so called easier opponents. Unfortunately Pep has not been doing that since his first season when he actually had shown himself to be a master of rotation. It's quite ironic.

As for him becoming the default starter, it's a valid point but I say let's not look so far ahead. A lot of things could change such as the coach, the playing style, some players could lose form and some could even leave the club. So he should give himself two years at least to see how important he can become for us. However he can do this only if we give him enough minutes this very season. If Pep persists with Keita or continues to use Xaviesta in every game, I think it will frustrate Thiago. I mean I have nothing against Keita. He is a selfless team player who always gives his everything. He can still be used if the need for greater pressing arises. If he wants to leave us so that he can play more, we should let him go with our best wishes. If not he can stay on and do a role. However he just shouldn't be the backup for Iniesta like he has been during the last two years. We need a creative backup for that and both Fabregas and Thiago are much better options. Yes they are all different kinds of players but tweaking the style a little is better than reducing the creativity on the pitch I feel.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Do you remember the Felipe Melo saga? Renewed for '4 years' then sold. If Cesc comes then Thiago will likely force his way out. I would, too.

Very good example but it's almost a one of a kind. Besides there is one major difference. He was at a selling club. How do we define a selling club? A selling club is one which will be ready to sell any player no matter how valuable provided they are paid more than enough money for him. We are not a selling club and will not sell players who define our identity. This renewal means Thiago is seen as part of the future. If we sell him now we will make laughing stocks of ourselves and contradict the motto of our club. I very much doubt that can happen but as dani said the future is not fully secure. Still as I said before I am happy that the danger is almost completely over for this summer at least. I mean reading reports that ManUtd were bidding E20m and Bolton were about to secure hm for E10m was scary, what say?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:03 pm

- Thiago was adviced to rest, he wasn't called to Spain U-20 (WC U-20, This means he will be available for pre-season Smile

more info check this thread: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t59p15-barca-youth-busy-summer#70651
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:46 pm

Well put JD, makes good sense.

Alf, I didnt remember Melo untill you said it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Nice,hope he gets a lot more playing time.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Another example of renewing to sell: Aguero renewed during the 2010-11 season, increasing his wages from 4 to 7 million per year, but lowering his buy-out clause from 60M to 45M. The intention was to sell during the 2011 summer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:25 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Very good example but it's almost a one of a kind. Besides there is one major difference. He was at a selling club. How do we define a selling club? A selling club is one which will be ready to sell any player no matter how valuable provided they are paid more than enough money for him. We are not a selling club and will not sell players who define our identity. This renewal means Thiago is seen as part of the future. If we sell him now we will make laughing stocks of ourselves and contradict the motto of our club. I very much doubt that can happen but as dani said the future is not fully secure. Still as I said before I am happy that the danger is almost completely over for this summer at least. I mean reading reports that ManUtd were bidding E20m and Bolton were about to secure hm for E10m was scary, what say?
I'm not saying we will sell him, I'm merely pointing out that there is a precedent for selling in spite of renewals. I don't think Thiago will be sold, but to think that he is now bound to the club is a bit silly in my opinion. The football reasons have not changed at all. As it stands, if Cesc comes Thiago will not play, if Cesc doesn't come Thiago will play, and he knows that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Cesc who?
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:27 am

Very good choice.Im sure Pep will fit him somwhere in our formation.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:36 am

Im glad Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:55 am

The Franchise wrote:Well put JD, makes good sense.

Thanks a lot dani.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Another example of renewing to sell: Aguero renewed during the 2010-11 season, increasing his wages from 4 to 7 million per year, but lowering his buy-out clause from 60M to 45M. The intention was to sell during the 2011 summer.

True but it wasn't in the same summer at least. Besides going by that logic we don't intend to sell because we have increased Thiago's release clause big time. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next