Swanhends
Art Morte
donttreadonred
Bosi
Onyx
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fellaini leaving Everton? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fellaini leaving Everton?

Post by Rev Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Agreed Sepi, it's the same when people were suggesting that Diaby should be converted to a DM.

These types of players are judged more on their appearance/physique than their technical and mental attributes sadly.

Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 pm

Fellaini, this season, has been playing as a holding ss - like no other. He can hold the ball, score, run back to defend and run back up again and doing these all consistently throughout 90 minutes. A different kind of ss. A beast.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:46 pm

A box to box forward? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:04 pm

more or less
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:08 pm

hope he doesnt leave in january so he can help everton stay in top 4

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Fellaini leaving Everton? - Page 2 Ih59bnc29ogzp
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:25 pm

He should move to Barcelona and play as a CB Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:Fellaini leaving Everton? - Page 2 Ih59bnc29ogzp

And against blunderland. I came.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:53 pm

That was one sublime pass.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm

Schweini wrote:Fellaini is not a DM. It's a myth that he plays in midfield.

His best form (And this season) has come now that he plays as Battering ram just behind Jelavic

While there is some truth to this as it relates to this season but he has played CM and DM very well in previous season it's not like he isn't capable of the roles.

He can do it but it's quite obvious he's best in the role he has now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 am

RealGunner wrote:he is good enough to play for Madrid. Think they should get him

Please tell me that you say this in jest. Whilst the pass above is a lovely peice of vision and execution, however VendettaRed well summed up my thoughts when he suggested that Fellaini has in no way outgrown Everton. They're a club at his level, and the only reason why people are suggesting that it is time to move on is because he's been there for five years now. He's certainly not a poor player, however suggesting that he should be a target for the likes of Madrid and Barcelona is to overrate him in my eyes.

donttreadonred wrote:Milan have hit some rough times, and most would argue that a striker or center back should be their first priority. However, Fellaini’s presence as a box-to-box presence in midfield could cover for a depleted back-line and help retain/regain possession to support an unsure attack. A midfield of De Jong and Fellaini sitting behind Montolivo could be a force to be reckoned with. Whether that is in a 4-2-3-1 (unlikely at Milan), or as a midfield three with a more attack-minded player in advance of them in a 4-3-1-2 (more likely at Milan), doesn’t really matter. The combination complements each other’s strengths: De Jong is the holding presence, Fellaini plays a box-to-box role, and Motolivo is afforded the freedom to orchestrate attacks. Of the potential suitors, Milan could offer Fellaini the most freedom of movement/role within the system. Nearly everywhere else, he would be expected to be the more defensive player in the midfield combination.

I'd like to quickly address this part of your post given that it concerns Milan. Our midfield has certainly been a point of concern, however the issues of possession and the defensive cover offered by the pivot haven't particularly concerned me since the adoption of the 4-2-3-1. It's a formation I'd have thought us incapable of playing last season, however the arrivals of Montolivo and De Jong have provided us with a very solid pivot, with characteristics that compliment each other well. As you brought out in your post, Fellaini would offer another skill set entirely, however not one that provides an advantage over Montolivo in a deeper role. Montolivo's essential to our build up through his composure in possession, issuing direction to others to move into space and covering others positionally. Fellaini's distribution simply isn't good enough to entrust him to sit next to De Jong, whilst Montolivo prefers to pick his moment to burst forward rather than be a constant fixture in the final third. If Fellaini were to be used ahead of Riccardo, his competition then becomes Bojan. I'm personally not entirely sold on Bojan, though he's our best option behind the strikers currently. Neither is an outstanding attacking midfielder, though Bojan is at least superior from a technical stand point. For his price, Fellaini is simply an ordinary option to go behind the strikers compared to the players we might alternatively chase. He's fine to bully lower table opposition, however our aim is to again compete not only for the league title but Europe once we rebuild, and Fellaini can't be our director of play in the final third if we're serious about such ambitions. We do need reinforcements to our central midfield, particularly to find an alternative to Montolivo should he be injured, however for this we need a better passer of the ball and director of play. Fellaini's versatility would be appreciated, however it's a luxury we could only afford once a serious competitor to Montolivo was found. Even then, there are other issues in the squad that would be better addressed with the funds.

I can't think of a major team on the continent who would have the both the need and the funds available to capture Fellaini, unless he wants to chase an exorbitant wage in Russia. As has been said, United or Chelsea are his only real hopes in my eyes, though Chelsea's midfield looks capable of stabilising over the course of the season. It won't necessarily happen, however as long as results flow, Ramires and Mikel will be entrusted with the job at hand.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:25 am

I see Milan has been suggested as a potential buyer of Fellaini, but it is definitely not going to happen.

Dost articulates several good points, however this is the key...

dostoevsky wrote:...there are other issues in the squad that would be better addressed with the funds.
For Milan, our first priority must be a centre-back (or two). After that comes LB (depending on whether Didac Vila performs well/is used by Allegri when he comes back from injury). Then GK.

Our midfield is not a pressing concern now that the "Monty - De Jong" pivot is performing well. Furthermore, the rise of El Shaarawy has covered for Robinho's injury and the sale of Cassano.
(OT: I wouldn't say that SES has compensated for Ibrahimovic's departure - Ibra is irreplaceable)

Bojan is the player who's starting place would be threatened by Fellaini's arrival. Whilst the former has not been spectacular, no one can deny that he has been (somewhat surprisingly) effective in the AM role. Hence, there is currently no reason to purchase an 'upgrade' for that position, when the defence needs an urgent fix.

Give Milan a great defence and it will be the foundation for a team of champions.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:05 pm

I remember Fellaini playing CM and DM in previous seasons and doing it quite well.

He is being just as successful playing higher but since it's an attacking position, he is getting a lot more attention.

i dont know how good of a defender he is, since i notice he fools a bit much given his physique but he seems to be able to play both ends of the game quite well. I wouldnt play him alone in front of my defense tho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2