sportsczy
urbaNRoots
dostoevsky
Forza
shamr9pato
28 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Niang.. a Pato or a an Adiyah????  - Page 2 Empty Re: Niang.. a Pato or a an Adiyah????

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:41 am

He's better than Henry was at 17 lol... that's a fact.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Niang.. a Pato or a an Adiyah????  - Page 2 Empty Re: Niang.. a Pato or a an Adiyah????

Post by nichabr Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:16 pm

holy crap.....just saw a vid of him.....not another mohawk No
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Mohawks are :facepalm:

Niang for president :bow:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:14 am

nichabr wrote:holy crap.....just saw a vid of him.....not another mohawk No
We need players with long hair. Twisted Evil Maldini, Albertini, Pirlo, Sheva(primetime) all had long hair. Mohawk is for losers
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by celikmilan Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:02 pm

We need players with long hair. Twisted Evil Maldini, Albertini, Pirlo, Sheva(primetime) all had long hair. Mohawk is for losers[/quote]

You can add Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Nesta.

On the other hand, Eddie would be ideal for Milan, don't you think?
celikmilan
celikmilan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:02 am

Milan striker Mbaye Niang has received a one-year ban from the French national team at all levels after he went AWOL from a training camp to go clubbing.

The teenager was one of several teammates who received the same punishment while they were on Under-21 duty.

Niang, Antoine Griezmann, Wissam Ben Yedder and Chris Mavinga were also banned until December 31, 2013.

Yann M’Vila has been suspended until June 30, 2014 due to his past record of indiscipline.

In October the players were found in a Paris nightclub when they should have been with the rest of the squad at a training base in the north of the country.

France’s Under-21s were midway through a two-legged qualifying encounter with Norway at the time, playing for a place in the 2013 European Championships in Israel.

Norway eventually went through 5-4 on aggregate, with the players facing no immediate sanction from their Coach Erick Mombaerts.

However, Mombaerts was soon after sacked and the youngsters were all called before the FFF’s Disciplinary Commission late last month to explain themselves,with today the confirmation of their findings announced in a brief statement confirming the bans handed out.

Niang has barely featured for Milan this season and it is widely believed he’ll be loaned out or even sold in January.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:05 am

dostoevsky wrote:Milan striker Mbaye Niang has received a one-year ban from the French national team at all levels after he went AWOL from a training camp to go clubbing.

The teenager was one of several teammates who received the same punishment while they were on Under-21 duty.

Niang, Antoine Griezmann, Wissam Ben Yedder and Chris Mavinga were also banned until December 31, 2013.

Yann M’Vila has been suspended until June 30, 2014 due to his past record of indiscipline.

In October the players were found in a Paris nightclub when they should have been with the rest of the squad at a training base in the north of the country.

France’s Under-21s were midway through a two-legged qualifying encounter with Norway at the time, playing for a place in the 2013 European Championships in Israel.

Norway eventually went through 5-4 on aggregate, with the players facing no immediate sanction from their Coach Erick Mombaerts.

However, Mombaerts was soon after sacked and the youngsters were all called before the FFF’s Disciplinary Commission late last month to explain themselves,with today the confirmation of their findings announced in a brief statement confirming the bans handed out.

Niang has barely featured for Milan this season and it is widely believed he’ll be loaned out or even sold in January.

LOL sucks for M'Vila. With regards to the idea of selling Niang, why did we put him in the first team if we aren't going to use him at some stage? hmm
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:28 pm

What do you think Milan must do with Niang ? Would you like Milan to keep hold of him or loaning him out for the rest of the season maybe?

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Dante wrote:What do you think Milan must do with Niang ? Would you like Milan to keep hold of him or loaning him out for the rest of the season maybe?

I think loan,since we insist on playing boateng as the CF anyway... and there is pato, pazzini bojan behind him. He won't get a minute. Hope we dont sell though

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:13 pm

milan have rejected a loan move by everton in jan
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 am

Honestly I hope he isn't either, Adiyah was a complete flop and Pato is always injured.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 am

the only game i saw he played when he came on around 88th minute, (forgot which game) he had a superb shot on target, great power on the shot, but also at the same time seemed a little selfish.

however this is all based on a 4 min garbage time cameo. i do have good feelings of him in regards to talent, hopefully he can put in the effort in training though
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 am

Keep him with the Primavera. Even if he gets nothing minutes, at least he won't be sitting in the reserves at a lower Italian side. He is 17 and this is Italy, no one in Serie A will play him and I am against loaning a youngster as talented as himself outside of Italy or to the lower leagues. Keep for the rest of the season.
forza.milan
forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 pm

forza.milan wrote:Keep him with the Primavera. Even if he gets nothing minutes, at least he won't be sitting in the reserves at a lower Italian side. He is 17 and this is Italy, no one in Serie A will play him and I am against loaning a youngster as talented as himself outside of Italy or to the lower leagues. Keep for the rest of the season.

But our Primavera forwards are doing so well . If Allegri downgraded him now , not only it would send his confidence to shreds but the other primavera forwards would certainly play less than currently.

Watching Pettagna getting an appearance instead of Niang in the last game , made me realise that he's not in Allegri's plans , atm. I do think he's an interesting talent , if he's anything like Porto's Jackson Martinez we should definitely invest in him , but there's many obstacles imo .

He seems very strong and flexible for his age and height , not something you usualy find next door. I would like to keep him for the rest of the season and give him the cup games . Then loan him into a Serie A side with a clause into the contract obligating that team to give him a certain amound of games , otherwise they pay everything.

But surely, a promoted side would be willing to have him in their squad next season , clause or not , no?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm

Ship him out. I never was even a fan of the brief halves I saw of him when we scouted him. I mean he barely succeeded in the French Ligue 1 as despite his age he is showing to be nothing more than a Romelu Lukaku. Would do very well in physical leagues like Bundesliga or EPL but doesn't have the guile or finesse to play in this league. Players like him don't succeed here. Plus his discipline from what I heard is increasingly poor. Allegri won't deal with a talent like him unless he is Balotelli.

I watch Primavera games and De Feo, Prosnik, Pettegna, Kingsley have been shown to be superior to him at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Ship him out. I never was even a fan of the brief halves I saw of him when we scouted him. I mean he barely succeeded in the French Ligue 1 as despite his age he is showing to be nothing more than a Romelu Lukaku. Would do very well in physical leagues like Bundesliga or EPL but doesn't have the guile or finesse to play in this league. Players like him don't succeed here. Plus his discipline from what I heard is increasingly poor. Allegri won't deal with a talent like him unless he is Balotelli.

I watch Primavera games and De Feo, Prosnik, Pettegna, Kingsley have been shown to be superior to him at the moment.

Arq, with regards to your last sentence , it might seem this way because they play often whilst Niang does not , actualy. He's very strong for 17 year old and from a physical stand point , it's quite something to be available for selection in this league. When teams park the bus or just when we need someone to throw himself in there, he could be the one , maybe..

Having said that , i agree with the rest you mentioned . Might be better to offload him , but it's just , he barely got some chances so far. If the club were convinced to bring him in Milan , then shouldn't he get at least some games in the cup ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Dante wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Ship him out. I never was even a fan of the brief halves I saw of him when we scouted him. I mean he barely succeeded in the French Ligue 1 as despite his age he is showing to be nothing more than a Romelu Lukaku. Would do very well in physical leagues like Bundesliga or EPL but doesn't have the guile or finesse to play in this league. Players like him don't succeed here. Plus his discipline from what I heard is increasingly poor. Allegri won't deal with a talent like him unless he is Balotelli.

Arq, with regards to your last sentence , it might seem this way because they play often whilst Niang does not , actualy. He's very strong for 17 year old and from a physical stand point , it's quite something to be available for selection in this league. When teams park the bus or just when we need someone to throw himself in there, he could be the one , maybe..

Having said that , i agree with the rest you mentioned . Might be better to offload him , but it's just , he barely got some chances so far. If the club were convinced to bring him in Milan , then shouldn't he get at least some games in the cup ?

Niang has travelled frequently with the Primavera and played enough games since he isn't getting enough time and hasn't exactly blown us away with his performances.

I agree on your hypothesis on how he can be useful for us. No arguments there. I may be being harsh since he is quite young yet with the recent standard the Primavera has put up he just isn't showing the consistency yet.

I also agree as loaning him out would be a solid option in order to calibrate his talent more efficiently.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:19 pm

I didn't know he was already used with the Primavera , i wasn't aware. He has to play in order to progress as an individual first and if he deals with it , good for everyone.

I suppose he'll be loaned out eventualy , it seems Allegri doesn't trust him for the time being anyway. He seems like someone who , if he gets some issues out of his system , he could have a role to play in Milan . I guess time will tell ..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Dante wrote:I didn't know he was already used with the Primavera , i wasn't aware. He has to play in order to progress as an individual first and if he deals with it , good for everyone.

I suppose he'll be loaned out eventualy , it seems Allegri doesn't trust him for the time being anyway. He seems like someone who , if he gets some issues out of his system , he could have a role to play in Milan . I guess time will tell ..

I wonder why Allegri brought him on instead of Pato in that one game, against Napoli I believe. Made no sense

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by forza.milan Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 am

Scored two fantastic goals in a intraclub match yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3FTFIDI3xAA

Talented lad, but needs someone to take him under his wing. Do we have a player that can do this?
forza.milan
forza.milan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:46 am

I am really against the option of loaning him out. There are 2 sides to loaning him out, he could lose his motivation and under perform or decide to leave Milan. Many of the players that we loan out never comeback even if they have the talent, at some point we were gonna loan El Shaarawy, imagine if that happened.

The bright side about loaning players out is that they could get experience and be motivated to perform well so that they comeback to the club, but these cases are rare.

I say lets keep Niang and try to slowly get him into the first team. Honestly, his first touches during his debut amazed me, to be able to handle the ball that calmly in your debut is something special, and his ball control was amazing.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Now that the season is very close to it's finale and we have seen quite much from Niang during his first season , what's your assesment about Niang?

I think he's over rated . A delusional youngster who's full of himself and needs some good dose of reality , if he wants to succeed one day. By no means i'd be comfortable to see him start in the 11 next season.He's not even a winger , even though his speed allows him to play there .. He only played this much because Robinho wasn't available for the majority of the season. He must have some good 20 matches under his belt and he still hasn't scored a league goal. I leave aside the CL , he was an utter dissapointment.

His goal scoring instinct is piss poor. Piss.Poor. The worst part is , he's actualy a CF Laughing With Balotelli occupying the CF and Pazzini always ready to play , it's obvious he doesn't have a future as our CB. And he hasn't exactly impressed on the right wing either.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Mon May 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Dante wrote:Now that the season is very close to it's finale and we have seen quite much from Niang during his first season , what's your assesment about Niang?

I think he's over rated . A delusional youngster who's full of himself and needs some good dose of reality , if he wants to succeed one day. By no means i'd be comfortable to see him start in the 11 next season.He's not even a winger , even though his speed allows him to play there .. He only played this much because Robinho wasn't available for the majority of the season. He must have some good 20 matches under his belt and he still hasn't scored a league goal. I leave aside the CL , he was an utter dissapointment.

His goal scoring instinct is piss poor. Piss.Poor. The worst part is , he's actualy a CF Laughing With Balotelli occupying the CF and Pazzini always ready to play , it's obvious he doesn't have a future as our CB. And he hasn't exactly impressed on the right wing either.
I somewhat agree with what you said. Although I do think you are being a bit too harsh on him. I mean, after all is said and done, this is his first year in the Serie A (which is one of the hardest leagues for a new attacker to adjust in), and he is only 18. He's not setting the stage on fire like SES or Balotelli, but he has show some flashes of brilliance. Yes, he choked big time against Barca, and at times, his decision making is frustrating, but that can change as he progresses. His goals-scoring instinct is kind of poor, but he has had his fair share of bad luck as well (vs Udinese and Barca).

At the end, I want Niang to stay and progress at Milan, and I can see him becoming a part of the starting XI at some point in the future, but definitely not next season. He can continue to be a sub/rotation player for now.

PS: Remember, El Sharaawy was also never really on song during his first year. He (like Niang), came from a lower league and needed time to adjust, and then next season, he exploded like a freaking nuclear bomb. I'm not saying that Niang is guaranteed the same fate, but I'd like to give him another season or even two before making a final judgement.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Pretty much what Il Diavolo said
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Your being to hard on him Dante. It is his FIRST season and he is still 18! I would like to give him a couple more seasons. Definitely not read to be a starter by any means, but he has shown glimpses of what he CAN be capable off. Hopefully he can reach his potential and make that wing his.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 14, 2013 12:28 am

Il Diavolo wrote:
Dante wrote:Now that the season is very close to it's finale and we have seen quite much from Niang during his first season , what's your assesment about Niang?

I somewhat agree with what you said. Although I do think you are being a bit too harsh on him. I mean, after all is said and done, this is his first year in the Serie A (which is one of the hardest leagues for a new attacker to adjust in), and he is only 18. He's not setting the stage on fire like SES or Balotelli, but he has show some flashes of brilliance. Yes, he choked big time against Barca, and at times, his decision making is frustrating, but that can change as he progresses. His goals-scoring instinct is kind of poor, but he has had his fair share of bad luck as well (vs Udinese and Barca).

At the end, I want Niang to stay and progress at Milan, and I can see him becoming a part of the starting XI at some point in the future, but definitely not next season. He can continue to be a sub/rotation player for now.

PS: Remember, El Sharaawy was also never really on song during his first year. He (like Niang), came from a lower league and needed time to adjust, and then next season, he exploded like a freaking nuclear bomb. I'm not saying that Niang is guaranteed the same fate, but I'd like to give him another season or even two before making a final judgement.

Harsh..no , i am realistic with my criticism . He's the one who's been saying stuff like , he'll be like Messi or Ronaldo one day Laughing

First of all , yes it's his first season. And yes he is young of age.. and that's exactly the point i'am trying to make. It should be clear to everyone that he doesn't deserve to start games . Not every youngster we may deploy will have the El Shaarawy effect ; Stephan has character , he's very matured for his age , both on and off the field. Niang clearly doesn't have that yet . Many give me the impression that they think of Niang like the next *insertbigplayer* , whilst he seriously has done squat to prove as such. 1 goal in the cup in 20 something games? Ses scored more than that in fewer games in his first season , plus everybody could clearly tell his skills , it was obvious that Ses will succeed given the opportunity. We could all tell , because he made good use of the chances he was given and i can't say the same about Niang .

He's obviously no Adiyah , far from it. But he's far from a starting place too. Even though many think he will improve and progress at Milan , i remain sceptical. Yes he will with time, it's almost a given , but in which way ? Niang is a CF , who's goal scoring instinct and precision in front of goal are currently novice and he has Balotelli in front of him , with Pazzo lurking at all times. No way he'll improve through his natural position and to top it all , he clearly doesn't have good traits for being a winger , with his height being the most clear dissadvantage.

Some compared him to Henry , well , Henry didn't develop that much as a winger . He wasn't your typical CF obviously , he could make use of the flanks , but he was a CF and at CF he became the Henry we all know . Well , Niang won't be so lucky , at Milan at least , as it seems and he still hasn't convinced me why he will become a good winger in time. Not sure i am missing something.

He's very tall for a winger , some from that alone would reject the idea. Moving on ,out of necessity he found himself on the right wing this season.

He's right footed and he doesn't have the advantage of cutting in to shoot from an optimal position. Not sure i can speak of his left foot .. can't recall occasions in which he did something of note with his left , but obviously if he used it often, i would have noticed it by now.

He's dribbling set isn't anything that impressive either. Trainings are one thing , games are something else. He hasn't shown that one touch skill through connectivity with the CF either. He just sprints hard and if he can't dribble him , he will cross it. That's it.That was his game this season. It's very important to have a great dribbler there , or at least some kind of poacher ; given he's a CF , he should at least poach some few goals here and there and he couldn't even score against Pescara ffs. Worst team we have faced all season long.

I can go on much more about Niang. Perhaps i shouldn't be so cynic , but seriously , we need a winger for next season. A real right winger . Frankly , i don't like Niang as much as the majority and i certainly have little faith in him. But so far , i don't see why i should think otherwise. Even an unfit Robinho managed to regain his position straight away against him , a player that's considered almost gone for sometime now.

In conclusion , he won't develop like you imagine , unless we change tactics and formation , to a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond midfield. That would give him room to develop , though we know it won't happen.
So , fighting with Balo and Pazzo in the 4-3-3 for the CF is out of his capabilities.

Next scenario : I am pretty sure if we don't buy a winger for next season , Saponara will take his place straight away , because he's natural at that , the difference will be crystal clear to see . If Robinho somehow stays , then even worse for him , he ll be left as 3rd choice. Having said that , i think Galliani will definitely buy a new winger , he can't be that blind.

I mean , don't you see? He has limited chances in Milan , as strange it might seem after his quite full season for an 18 year old.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next