since1996
silver
Artilleristen
Ali
MJ
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal

Post by MJ Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I think what we need is to see the bright side since we didn't have much of a choice. If you refuse you can, as Rev said, make a negative thread to sulk in.

MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal - Page 2 Burning+Robin+van+Persie%27s+11-12+home+shirt
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4offical

Opened the paper this morning to see Van Persie in a Man United kit. I actually feel sick.

@cesc4offical

The club is bigger than any player

@cesc4offical

It's not sinking in. Van Persie to Man United.. Of all places..
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4offical

Opened the paper this morning to see Van Persie in a Man United kit. I actually feel sick.

@cesc4offical

@cesc4offical

None of that is on his Twitter.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:53 pm

yeah the only one he wrote was
@cesc4official
Im in shock!

which wasn't Arsenal related

@cesc4official
Guys im in shock cause i just lost 4 games in a row at "Parchis"
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:55 pm

http://twitter.com/cesc4offical

Is this his official twitter account?

Sorry guys its fake lol. Embarassed
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:58 pm

MJGunner wrote:

@cesc4offical

@cesc4offical

Sorry I just found out its fake.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:

@cesc4offical

@cesc4offical

Sorry I just found out its fake.

lol it's all good. It would be too much to ask for any former Gunner to criticize van Persie right now wouldn't it be? Neutral
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:03 pm

We should have sold him long time ago, Diaby is next. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:http://twitter.com/cesc4offical

Is this his official twitter account?

Sorry guys its fake lol. Embarassed

that one is fake

https://twitter.com/cesc4official

there is an i missing in the official in the fake one... and his account is approved, it has a click tick next to name
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm

silver wrote:
I'm pretty sure we galvanized and excelled last year when we sold two stars when we weren't expecting to. Now we've sold one and it was our decision if BBC is anything to go by.

By galvanized do you mean rely on RVP to score the goals that would keep us from the bottom of the table or possibly worse?
Gervihno although looked great dribbling the ball but really was awful. Theo the show up occasionally was the same he has been his entire career. Ramsey was just; don't know how to describe his inability to do anything. We were kind of fortunate that he was finally benched for Rosicky. At least until he was pushed into Gervihno's spot since he achieved nothing except some useless dribbling. Then Ramsey on the left wing also turned out to be a bad joke but fortunately at the time Benayoun was there to help out. Artetta? Well if Wilshere was not injury prone he could have easily replaced Artetta. Did we miss Artetta? Hell yes since we only had our perennial under achievers and unprepared youth as replacements.
So if by galvanize the team last year you mean that we had a heroic effort by RVP. Or that we were fortunate that we had Benayoun, Rosicky and Song step up when the rest of the starters on offense could or would not. I just did not see a lot of galvanizing.

Then how was it that RVP was rewarded?

The Arsenal boss flogged Dutch ace Van Persie to Manchester United for £22million yesterday.
But he claims the Gunners already have his replacement in new signings Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski.
Wenger said: “Giroud and Podolski were originally intended to offset the departure of Van Persie.”

He was already being replaced before the last game of the season. Thanks for saving our season and now piss off! I am not sure that there really should be any question behind him going public with the fact he was not going to sign a new contract. Arsene and the board had already made the decision that he was expendable that they already had his replacements! That they were not going to show any ambition by trying to cover some of the major deficiencies in the team. My biggest question is if they would have even signed Santiago if RVP had not gone public with his belief that Arsenal showed no ambition? Or if Usamov had not written the same thing in his open letter to the board. Just like last year when (my opinion) they knew they were going to be selling Cesc and Nasari and did not look to strengthen the squad until after we were embarrassed!

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Wtf are you talking about? We were in for Santi last year and where is the proof we had no intention of re-signing RVP? You an ITK source too? lol your conspiracy theories are laughable and invalidate everything you say.

The bottom line is that he decided to go public and not sign with us after we showed him 8 years of loyalty which he repaid with one year of play, don't forget the 7 years preceding last year or I really just won't reply to you as you seem to think RVP is the victim here.

Since we were selling Bendtner, Park and Chamakh at one point, was Wenger not entitled to shop for more strikers like Giroud and Podolski? Maybe to show a certain disgruntled Dutchman his intent.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:19 am

Some Arsenal fans just need to not be so naive and bias. The fact is one of these seasons we are not going to finish in the top 4 and it will all come back to selling our best players/strengthening our 'rivals' if you can even call them that anymore.

We are so quick to brush off losing our best players because we are so quick to try to find a new hero in our team; Vermaelen, Podolski, Giroud, Carzola. None of them are good enough, none of them are VP, Fabregas, even Nasri. The exact same happened last year, except replace them with Gervinho, Ramsey, Wilshere. Tell me, how did they do? Arteta was the cornerstone of our midfield and when he got injured, our whole midfield collapsed. Arteta cant even get into the Spanish team!

Even if Manchester United's team isnt as good as ours on paper, they will always challenge for the title because that's their mentally. When we sell our best players to rivals, that's not a winning club, that's not making a statement. And now we're planning to sell Song!? We are a lot closer to Liverpool then we are to Chelsea/Utd/City and we will soon get to Liverpool level unless our fans stop being content with second place and start demanding success.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:27 am

Ohhh my bad, so rather than make the best of a bad situation and find a lot of positives, which there are. We should sulk and hate everything about the way the club is operating and basically be useless mopes. Forgive me but I prefer my naivete and bias, thank you very much. Even if it means screaming 'COYG' till I'm hoarse and we're in the championship. I would acknowledge the negatives but I feel the positives outweigh them greatly seeing as here we had no choice. If you want to focus on the dark aspects then be my guest.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:58 am

6unner wrote:
silver wrote:
I'm pretty sure we galvanized and excelled last year when we sold two stars when we weren't expecting to. Now we've sold one and it was our decision if BBC is anything to go by.

By galvanized do you mean rely on RVP to score the goals that would keep us from the bottom of the table or possibly worse?
Blahblahblah...

Did anyone else read silver's post as sarcasm? scratch.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:25 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
6unner wrote:
silver wrote:

Blahblahblah...

Did anyone else read silver's post as sarcasm? scratch.

No, 6unner misquoted silver. That was something I actually said, idk how he fouled that up but yeah. I said that and I meant it. We did better because of our departures.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm

ouch.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:56 pm

Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal - Page 2 Okayguy
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:16 pm

Great move :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Why bumping this now ?
Made me more depressed.. He is more prolific than last season and i cant see any injuries.. :facepalm:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:04 am

Cuz Ali is an ass.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:39 am

MJGunner wrote:Cuz Ali is an ass.

+1.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:43 am

I can see the plus side a bit (24m for a 29 year old).

However, we should NEVER let our best players join United, Chelsea or Man City whilst they still have a contract. If they wish to do so on a Bosman...so be it.

The rest of the team will know that the club means business and I think that will actually help us.

What do you think Fergie would say if Wenger or Gazidis called him today and asked about Rooney? Would be a very quick phone call.
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Fergie would probably offer us his cousin and Gazidis would fork out £25 million
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:24 pm

furiouswindbottom wrote:I can see the plus side a bit (24m for a 29 year old).

However, we should NEVER let our best players join United, Chelsea or Man City whilst they still have a contract. If they wish to do so on a Bosman...so be it.

The rest of the team will know that the club means business and I think that will actually help us.

What do you think Fergie would say if Wenger or Gazidis called him today and asked about Rooney? Would be a very quick phone call.
Look at it this way, if we let RVP run his contract down and he joined Yanited for free, everybody would be up in arms about how we let our best player go for free to a rival club.

The way i see it, Wenger had no choice, sell to your rival, or let your best player join your rival for free next year. Your best player joining your rival for free is way more embarrassing than getting money out of them...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Lex wrote:Fergie would probably offer us his cousin and Gazidis would fork out £25 million
We wouldn't bid £25 million even if it would get us Lionel Messi :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next