fatman123
Soul
lszanto
Shed
Blue Barrett
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:30 am

flameas wrote:that penalty was a dive

Well think what you want but it was a poor challenge, he'll get alot of those cause defenders will mistime challenges against him because he's so nimble and quick.

lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Premier League: Wigan Athletic Vs Chelsea

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 am

We've just sat back after going 2-0 up, Hazard and Mata are looking good in spells but we can't hold onto the ball. I'd expect us to get into the game more as Wigan tire.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 am

Hazard obviously fell easy but most penalties are like that,clear pen
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dubs Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:33 am

Good start.

Really wish Torres would gets more touches in the second half
dubs
dubs
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:34 am

Hoping Torres will score and a nice cameo from Oscar. Our first goal was so slick.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:26 am

Fairly boring game really, we got up early and just let it be. Oscar looked good upon coming on almost scoring and showing some great link up play with is a sign of things to come. Wasn't the greatest watch but i'm very happy with the result, was expecting a tougher game.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:48 am

Good result.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:56 am

Abramovich wrote:Good result.

Pretty much the perfect analysis of this game.

Not wonderful footy from Chelsea, but a two-nil away win, job done.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Couldn't watch the 2nd half :facepalm:

How did Oscar perform?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Couldn't watch the 2nd half :facepalm:

How did Oscar perform?
Don't feel too bad. I woke up 20 mins late...so I basically missed all the excitement :facepalm:

Anyway, Oscar looked promising. Was comfortable and hit some nice passes, and came within literally inches of scoring on his debut. Although he, like Hazard, showed they'll need time to adapt to the physicality of the league.
The team overall managed to hold possession more than they did in the first half and did attack more, but there weren't too many clear-cut chances, save for a goal-line clearance from a clumsy Torres 'shot'. In the end, good result, but more to be worked on as far as actual substance goes.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:57 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:

How did Oscar perform?
Don't feel too bad. I woke up 20 mins late...so I basically missed all the excitement :facepalm:

Anyway, Oscar looked promising. Was comfortable and hit some nice passes, and came within literally inches of scoring on his debut. Although he, like Hazard, showed they'll need time to adapt to the physicality of the league.
The team overall managed to hold possession more than they did in the first half and did attack more, but there weren't too many clear-cut chances, save for a goal-line clearance from a clumsy Torres 'shot'. In the end, good result, but more to be worked on as far as actual substance goes.
Good. Would have loved it if Mata, Oscar and Hazard played together. Is it true Meireles did better than Mikel?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

How did Oscar perform?

Good. Would have loved it if Mata, Oscar and Hazard played together. Is it true Meireles did better than Mikel?
I wouldn't say so. Unless Mikel was particularly poor before I turned the game on. I actually don't think he did too badly today. Meireles was only on for less that 10 minutes anyway.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:01 pm

Oscar vs Wigan
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:13 pm

dude seriouslyt? u can hat3 but tnhats just takeing in too afr , he was clearnty challeldnged inside the box and he fell becaue the deffernder stopped his move.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:15 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:dude seriouslyt? u can hat3 but tnhats just takeing in too afr , he was clearnty challeldnged inside the box and he fell becaue the deffernder stopped his move.
scratch

Are you feeling alright, Infinity?
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:21 pm

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:dude seriouslyt? u can hat3 but tnhats just takeing in too afr , he was clearnty challeldnged inside the box and he fell becaue the deffernder stopped his move.
scratch

Drunk?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:28 pm

lszanto wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
scratch

Drunk?
That's my suspicion at this point Very Happy
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:07 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:

dude seriouslyt? u can hat3 but tnhats just takeing in too afr , he was clearnty challeldnged inside the box and he fell becaue the deffernder stopped his move.
LMFAO!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 pm

Hazard had some moments of pure class, I mean, not only the two assists, his accelerations and dribblings were excellent, Oscar was fine, why Bertrand started and not him?
And Lampard is such a freak at penalties and its weird too because he shots them every time at the same place and keepers dive there too but never catch the ball, haha!
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Yeah,lampard always shoots on the middle but gks never get it for some reason lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:52 pm

My summation.

Wigan were caught napping in the first 6 minutes. We capitalised and sat in 2nd gear for the rest of the match. Only Moses looked dangerous.

Defence was solid and JT was the stand out. Bertrand also looked very comfortable when Cole overlapped.

Mikel and Lampard were not spectacular but did their job well. Lampard is edging closer to that record!

Mata looked tired but decent, Hazard was man of the match and a joy to watch. Torres looked inconsistant. Oscar had a few great touches and with time he will become a GOAT should he continue like that. Meireles was ok, not better than Mikel though.

Overall I was disapointed we didn't go hunting for more goals but as Wigan gave us the win in the opening minutes I am more than happy with the result.

On to reading!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:41 am

I started watching from the twentieth minute and truthfully I thought Hazard was bad.Oscar was really great in his cameo performance.Good result for Chelsea.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:48 am

The whole team was in second gear after we went 2 0 up.

first 5 minutes he was amazing then we only saw glimpses of it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:33 am

lszanto wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:
scratch

Drunk?

damn, i did remember commenting but i was hoping it was in my dreams Very Happy yes had some drinks last night lol. Sorry guys pale

and flamae sorry mate, but i still dont think its a dive Smile

iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:11 am

Haha!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:08 am

Haha infinity :bow: parties it up on GL.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next