Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

+48
Myesyats
Lucifer
Pseudo
izzy
RealGunner
futbol
El Gunner
farfan
Mr Nick09
M99
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
Curtinho
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
Doc
Cruijf
justdoit_
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
Kaladin
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Gil
Jonathan28
Onyx
FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
nichabr
Ganso
Abramovich
VivaStPauli
The Franchise
7amood11
rwo power
Vibe
Rossoneri Ninja
BiasedMilanFan3
lszanto
Art Morte
kiranr
McAgger
sbaggio
che
FennecFox7
SchinnerC
jibers
52 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by jibers Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:46 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:I was being sarcastic Jibs :I'mveryunoriginal:

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 2 New_pi13

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 am

You shoulda been nominated for "most decieved" award Laughing
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:03 am

That is the thing though. Professional players would want to represent their countries. If i was one, i would have loved it.

But, as a fan, international football does not make sense to me when you already have a thriving club system that, i feel, is better than international football.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 am

Without international friendlies though, no top manager will accept a job just to prepare a team for tournaments which only comes around every two years.

The trend of hiring full time managers for international teams will be replaced by part time managers hired only when tournaments are around the corner. However, this will mean that more power will be given to the management team (the directors, the coaches, the scouts, the youth coaches minus the manager) The development of nation's football will become a more collective one due to the lack of an outright leader. Countries' FA might become more future-orientated rather than just preparing squads for the next friendly to get points.

Another way of looking at this may be, once they have the right players, how do they implement them into the team without friendlies. Nations will again start looking for teams to play friendly games with. To what extent though is the question.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:28 am

jibers wrote:International football is killing clubs atm. FIFA can go screw themsleves. This way a European super league can be created all around the world. How great would it be for the footballers as well. More football = profit.
Sugar Daddies are killing clubs. :coffee:

International football is mainly a problem for English people, it seems Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 am

I'm definitely against it. Yeah int'l friendlies can be annoying sometimes, but the WC and other international competitions >> all IMO.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am

I hate Internation football, no doubt, but I wouldnt want it scrapped altogether. When I was really young, its International football which first really grabbed my intrest in the game and I still think the Major Competitions bring a level of excitement and intrest which cant be replicated in club football.

Of course the quality is lower, and while its not better as an overall view, its not really worse either, its just different.

I would however be very much for getting rid of all friendlies, especially during the season. That is the most retarded thing.

Friendlies leading up the the tournaments, training camps before the tournament...im fine with. But during the season its just stupid.

Look at the Olympics for example.

The team sports I watch there, basketball and football. The squads arent gathered at random throughout the season, its all done when the season is done and dusted and players can fully concentrate on what they need to at the right time, aswell as not adding fatigue during the regular season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 am

rwo power wrote:
jibers wrote:International football is killing clubs atm. FIFA can go screw themsleves. This way a European super league can be created all around the world. How great would it be for the footballers as well. More football = profit.
Sugar Daddies are killing clubs. :coffee:

International football is mainly a problem for English people, it seems Razz

Stopped caring about Internationals after 94. International football is far too negative and the quality is crap. I want to watch hogh quality football week in week out, not some rubbish put together over a few weeks.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 am

The Franchise wrote:Look at the Olympics for example.

The team sports I watch there, basketball and football. The squads arent gathered at random throughout the season, its all done when the season is done and dusted and players can fully concentrate on what they need to at the right time, aswell as not adding fatigue during the regular season.
Interestingly for me the Olympics are of practically no interest football-wise as there you don't have the best players of each nation, but some assorted group of < U23 plus 3 older ones.

I actually like international friendly, too, as there the NT coach can try out new tactics and everything. That's something he couldn't risk in matches that count.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:46 am

jibers wrote:Stopped caring about Internationals after 94. International football is far too negative and the quality is crap. I want to watch hogh quality football week in week out, not some rubbish put together over a few weeks.
I have seen lots of crap in club football, too, especially in the CL -_-
In that case I prefer the passion that supporting the own national team gives - it is simply more exciting for me.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:47 am

If they actually put some thought into it could be many times better. The African cup of nations should not be every second year, it's just stupid and you lose players in the middle of the season and it's how we "lost" Essien.

Olympics has been great to watch, the Brazil team really put on a good show imo and seem like they are actually a "team".
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am

rwo power wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Look at the Olympics for example.

Interestingly for me the Olympics are of practically no interest football-wise as there you don't have the best players of each nation, but some assorted group of < U23 plus 3 older ones.

I actually like international friendly, too, as there the NT coach can try out new tactics and everything. That's something he couldn't risk in matches that count.

Yes, they have no intrest but it doesnt really change my point. The lack of intrest isnt because they only get together now, rather than earlier in the season, its because its the olympics and not many great teams are there.

I think you can try out new tactics and methods when the season is over, before the tournament starts. You need time to work on them anyway and during the season you dont get it. So its a waste of time either way.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 am

The Franchise wrote:I think you can try out new tactics and methods when the season is over, before the tournament starts. You need time to work on them anyway and during the season you dont get it. So its a waste of time either way.
I think that's not really the case - I mean, before the EC, the German team only got together completely about 2-3 weeks before the tournament as Bayern (8 NT players) + Dortmund (4 NT players) had the DFB-Cup final and Bayern played the CL Final, too. I don't think you can really do much in just 3 weeks with the full team! I think friendlies in between are very much needed there.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:43 am

but you'd have more than 3 weeks before the tournament as the season could be more compressed as there would be no pointless friendlies putting regular football on hold 5 times a year
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 am

I'm not even sure I'd still be regularly watching football. I love my club, but I watch all the other matches we don't play in pretty much only to keep track of national team players, so I know what's ahead of us in the next tournament.

International football is what makes football great, what gives it it's heart and soul. Club football, at it's core, is just comparing bank accounts. It's an entertaining way to do it, but that's what it is.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 am

@che

You don't think the club sponsors would take the chance of the missing international breaks to set up lucrative club friendlies somewhere overseas? You'd have friendlies then again, just much more money oriented.

@Viva

You speak my mind!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:23 am

rwo power wrote:

You don't think the club sponsors would take the chance of the missing international breaks to set up lucrative club friendlies somewhere overseas? You'd have friendlies then again, just much more money oriented.

um, no, if the league sets a schedule with no breaks for friendlies there's nothing the sponsors can do about it... there wouldn't be two weeks of nothing 4 times during the season, the breaks would disappear, that's the entire point...

and i hate to break this to you but international friendlies are just as money oriented... why do you think the likes of brazil and argentina fly out to qatar/china to play european teams...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 am

What is so exciting about watching a bunch of your countrymen win a tournament or watching your countrymen play in one? It is exciting for them, no doubt, but how am i sharing their glory or experience? I would much rather prefer watching the best footballers play against each other regularly and if the super league can give me that, then i prefer that.

And if international football is better, then why have club football at all? We should just have countries facing each other in various multiple series competitions all around the world. Why restrict it to 2-3 weeks every 2 years?

It might just be me, but i watch football for the joy of the sport and not to feel part of a winning side at the end of the day.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:31 am

kiranr wrote:And if international football is better, then why have club football at all? We should just have countries facing each other in various multiple series competitions all around the world. Why restrict it to 2-3 weeks every 2 years?
Because you need a pool of players to select from that have experience to play competitive matches. One NT only has 11 starting places, you know. In a league you have some more clubs where players can be educated and trained and play in a competition.

kiranr wrote:It might just be me, but i watch football for the joy of the sport and not to feel part of a winning side at the end of the day.
I see, that's why you support Barca Laughing
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:34 am

rwo power wrote:
kiranr wrote:And if international football is better, then why have club football at all? We should just have countries facing each other in various multiple series competitions all around the world. Why restrict it to 2-3 weeks every 2 years?
Because you need a pool of players to select from that have experience to play competitive matches. One NT only has 11 starting places, you know. In a league you have some more clubs where players can be educated and trained and play in a competition.

The education and training can happen in multiple ways apart from league football. For example, every country can have a domestic league of various districts where the players from the respective areas play against each other.

These players form the talent pool from which to pick your NT squad for every international competition. The squad then proceeds to play against other countries in various mini tournaments comprising of 4-5 teams over a year. Each tournament will have different countries facing off with each other. Meanwhile, the domestic league that i described above carries on simultaneously.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:36 am

kiranr wrote:The education and training can happen in multiple ways apart from league football. For example, every country can have a domestic league of various districts where the players from the respective areas play against each other. These players form the talent pool from which to pick your NT squad for every competition.
Huh? But that is league football, isn't it? Especially the lower leagues are set up just like this. It is just that the higher up in the leagues you go, the better players you have to select.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:37 am

rwo power wrote:

kiranr wrote:It might just be me, but i watch football for the joy of the sport and not to feel part of a winning side at the end of the day.
I see, that's why you support Barca Laughing

I support Barcelona because i enjoy their football and i identify with their philosophy. Winning was just a bonus for me.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 am

You see, and I support RWO out of sheer local patriotism.
Unfortunately winning isn't an issue in our case Sad
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 am

kiranr wrote:What is so exciting about watching a bunch of your countrymen win a tournament or watching your countrymen play in one? It is exciting for them, no doubt, but how am i sharing their glory or experience? I would much rather prefer watching the best footballers play against each other regularly and if the super league can give me that, then i prefer that.

And if international football is better, then why have club football at all? We should just have countries facing each other in various multiple series competitions all around the world. Why restrict it to 2-3 weeks every 2 years?

It might just be me, but i watch football for the joy of the sport and not to feel part of a winning side at the end of the day.

Am sure you would feel differently if your national side was competeting in the top level & you had players from your country playing in top leagues, this by no means is a dig so don't take it the wrong way.

When the whole country is united to support one team, I fail to see how you don't get any exictiment or glory when they do well. Sure England are pretty dire, but I have had great moments like going nuts when Wellbeck scored etc.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:40 am

rwo power wrote:
kiranr wrote:The education and training can happen in multiple ways apart from league football. For example, every country can have a domestic league of various districts where the players from the respective areas play against each other. These players form the talent pool from which to pick your NT squad for every competition.
Huh? But that is league football, isn't it? Especially the lower leagues are set up just like this. It is just that the higher up in the leagues you go, the better players you have to select.

Yeah, that is the point i am making. Why not just have international competitions all through the year instead of the club football being dominant competition. If internationals are better, then wouldn't that be the logical choice?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

kiranr wrote:
rwo power wrote:

Yeah, that is the point i am making. Why not just have international competitions all through the year instead of the club football being dominant competition. If internationals are better, then wouldn't that be the logical choice?
That's because there needs to be a player pool for the internationals, and that comes from the leagues. So the Leagues have to be important, too, so that they can feed the NTs.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next