Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 7 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

+48
Myesyats
Lucifer
Pseudo
izzy
RealGunner
futbol
El Gunner
farfan
Mr Nick09
M99
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
Curtinho
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
Doc
Cruijf
justdoit_
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
Kaladin
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Gil
Jonathan28
Onyx
FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
nichabr
Ganso
Abramovich
VivaStPauli
The Franchise
7amood11
rwo power
Vibe
Rossoneri Ninja
BiasedMilanFan3
lszanto
Art Morte
kiranr
McAgger
sbaggio
che
FennecFox7
SchinnerC
jibers
52 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 7 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 pm

I never said to scrap it though.....

Keep reading what you want to read though, also i'm a Newcastle fan surely if you say is true i would have packed football in about a decade ago lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 7 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't care about the past, i'm talking about now.

Also yes Spain were great but the best club teams in the world would have beaten them easily.... also the competition they went up against were crap.

To hell with Barca and Bayern, Madrid would shit all over that Germany team, it's a shite standard which is why scrubs always do well at international tournaments.

Deal with it.
I'm not interested in Baseball either. So IMO Baseball should be scrapped.
That's about the level of your argumentation.

Try to wiggle as much as you like, it's got to do with the fact the English are dissillusioned about NT football and are trying to offload their misery onto everyone else.
You can deny it, but we know better.
We know you better than you know yourself.
How is that a 'fact'?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Not everyone obviously.

But I've encountered plenty of English football fans who both say they don't give a shit about the NT (which of course is more than fair enough) but also extend this to a general disdain or discrediting of International football.
And I can't help but feel it's got to do with them having been frustrated so often.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't care about the past, i'm talking about now.

Also yes Spain were great but the best club teams in the world would have beaten them easily.... also the competition they went up against were crap.

To hell with Barca and Bayern, Madrid would shit all over that Germany team, it's a shite standard which is why scrubs always do well at international tournaments.

Deal with it.

Try to wiggle as much as you like, it's got to do with the fact the English are dissillusioned about NT football and are trying to offload their misery onto everyone else.
How is that a 'fact'?
It's not, Hans is just doing his usual spreading his opinion as fact and acting like he knows the full back story to my interest in the national team when it's been something i have been expressed before he even joined the forum lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I'm not interested in Baseball either. So IMO Baseball should be scrapped.

How is that a 'fact'?
It's not, Hans is just doing his usual spreading his opinion as fact and acting like he knows the full back story to my interest in the national team when it's been something i have been expressed before he even joined the forum lol.
Yeah well ok then, I can repeat myself.
If your point is merely that you don't care about it, then why should be that of any relevancy towards the discussion?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As in people will hate on a player all year round but as soon as they play for their national team they suddenly love them.

If that's not being a two faced, hypocrite then i don't know what is.... don't say it doesn't happen either as this place is full of examples.
You mean like hated players who transfer to another club and suddenly are heroes there, too? So it happens with clubs, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:22 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:We know you better than you know yourself.

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 7 Eye_reasonably_small_400x400

I always had suspicions. He fit in with our weird community too easily. I don't trust this guy.

OT: It should be RECTIFIED, not abandoned.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:26 pm

izzy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:We know you better than you know yourself.

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 7 Eye_reasonably_small_400x400

I always had suspicions. He fit in with our weird community too easily. I don't trust this guy.

OT: It should be RECTIFIED, not abandoned.

elaborate.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:34 pm

El Gunner wrote:
izzy wrote:OT: It should be RECTIFIED, not abandoned.

elaborate.

No idea tbh.

But, these "friendlies" must be scrapped. The "Qualifiers"? They may need to adopt the CL Seeding mechanism (not this new one they put in). Why is there a International Fifa Ranking? What use is it? I don't actually know if it has one......

Less qualifiers = more club football = the season finishing earlier = more time for the players to get together with their national sides and actually have sufficient time to prepare instead of these erratic meetings.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

How is that a 'fact'?

this is coming from the guy who's spreading the opinion that "International football is crap " as a fact, branding people as delusional if they think Spain was better than any football club around that time ,and tells people to " deal with it " as if it's an indisputable reality . Proud

the majority of players and fans believe that international football is king, and it will remain at the top as long as this perception continues .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:52 pm

Posters that belong to countries with utter shit National Teams shouldn't be allowed to have opinions on a matter like this.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Pseudo wrote:Posters that belong to countries with utter shit National Teams shouldn't be allowed to have opinions on a matter like this.

Unbelievable. :facepalm:

Just a shocking comment.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Pseudo wrote:Posters that belong to countries with utter shit National Teams shouldn't be allowed to have opinions on a matter like this.
that's some stone cold shit

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:
that's some stone cold shit

Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:47 pm

If Crijuff's method was implemented, Netherlands would have automatically qualified for Euros with no matches....

while, the fair system showed that there are 3 teams more worthy than them to be in France, in their group alone.

Merits > Reputation

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:00 pm

it's a problem,most ppl are from England here hmm

:coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:29 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Cant we have the professional season and THEN the international season?

we let a full season go on without interruption, and then players are released to play NT football with their countries for a few weeks before summer break.

This i like, clubs season finishes early April-->NT duty throughout April and May--->Int. comps June-July and then summer break
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:13 am

Why? Because only successful footballing Nations should be allowed to play football or comment on football related matters? You guys are not only ridiculous but down right elitist.

I don't see anything wrong with having an allocated time frame for International matches but wouldn't it be extremely difficult to implement? I mean for example, England, the possible main source of the "International friendlies are crap" mantra, is still being indecisive whether or not they wanna have a winter break. You gonna ask them now to decrease the amount of games now to suit the potential International schedule?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:09 am

Doc wrote:

Why? Because only successful footballing Nations should be allowed to play football or comment on football related matters? You guys are not only ridiculous but down right elitist.

I don't see anything wrong with having an allocated time frame for International matches but wouldn't it be extremely difficult to implement? I mean for example, England, the possible main source of the "International friendlies are crap" mantra, is still being indecisive whether or not they wanna have a winter break. You gonna ask them now to decrease the amount of games now to suit the potential International schedule?

And what about logistics. You'll finish qualification on 25th May and on 1st of June you're supposed to have the teams arrive at their training camps? Things have to be booked prepared, etc.

It's ok the way it is now.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:31 am

When are logistics not hectic though? Laughing

I much prefer Nick's idea, seems pretty sensible
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 am

What?! This is the most retarded comment I've read in quite a while.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:15 pm

International football over club football any day of the week. I hardly ever enjoy watching club football as much as I do watching USA.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:16 pm

I'd just have friendlies removes. No point in them, when players are already in form from club matches.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:32 pm

Freeza wrote:I'd just have friendlies removes. No point in them, when players are already in form from club matches.

It would be quite difficult for a team to gel without friendlies and games.

Most injuries happens because players get complacent, not saying they don't take the games seriously. But the whole experience feels like a vacation and freedom away from club responsibilities. They go to a new country and play with their compatriots. It puts them off their regular routine.

I do agree with some though, maybe have non stop club football then give extended non stop international football.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:15 pm

farfan wrote:
farfan wrote: 
spain was arguably better than Pep's barça since it made up for the lack of messi with a plethora of  depth and options in all positions .

rofl

I'm done, you are clearly delusional.

delusional ? Laughing  i'm not the one who's trying to paint Germany as " Bayern - all the foreign players " Laughing as if the German team doesn't have a shitload of world class talents in other Bundesliga  teams and abroad . Laughing

spain had Barça's core + Ramos , Casilllas , Alba  , Alonso , Silva,  Mata , Navas ...
you think Messi's presence outweighs all these names ?

Dude are you serious?  You do this all the time, slant facts to prop up your lame argument.

You pretend Messi is the only non-Spanish player on those Barcelona teams.  Not to mention you leave out which Barca team you would actually like to compare it to?

Is it 2012 where they had Messi, Dani Alves, Mascherano, Abidal, Alexis Sanchez, Thiago, Keita and Adriano?

Because yes that Barca team would beat that Spain team as they really have no need for Ramos with Puyol and Pique or Silva or Mata or Alonso as they had the best midfield in the world in Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Thiago, Cesc and Mascherano.

They didn't need Navas as they had Alexis Sanchez and Pedro.

Silva wasn't needed as they had Messi to play slightly behind the strikers (when they played with strikers) ect.

That Barca team took what it wanted from that Spain team and improved on the options they didn't have or take from the best players around the world.

Not to mention they train together every day for 10 months out of the year and oh yea, they have maybe the best player to ever play football too.

The game really isn't a contest as again the teams share a lot of the same players but Barca also added great players to fill in the gaps where they wanted.

To suggest Spain would beat that Barca team is nonsense.  Those Barca teams would destroy international teams and the fact that Spain didn't lose for like 30 some odd games just proves the point even more.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Ahem, Thiago has long ago been declared Spanish, and most of the foreign players you listed were reserves. That is the key difference with the NT, the reserves are almost as good as the starters!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next