S
Juveman17
Luca
Juventude
9 posters

Go down

Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move Empty Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Reports are suggesting that Napoli’s interest in Udinese winger Pablo Armero could be ruined by interest from Juventus.

The Colombian is latest member of the Zebrette’s squad this summer that is expected to be sold and has been confirmed by President Giampaolo Pozzo as the subject of attention from Napoli.

However, it is understood that Armero’s propensity to play on the left-wing has attracted Juventus into negotiations.

After signing Mauricio Isla and Kwadwo Asamoah from Udinese earlier this summer, the Bianconeri are said to be eyeing an initial loan deal to now secure the 25-year-old from the club.

http://football-italia.net/21059/juve-hijack-napoli-armero-move

Luca will like this potential move. This could be a great move. This would solve our LB problem and give us even more depth in the midfield. I really hope this deal goes through.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move Empty Re: Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move

Post by Luca Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Love it, perfect for the 3-5-2, could compete in a 4 man back line as well
Not good enough that PDC will never see the field, not poor enough that PDC will be so heavily relied upon

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:00 pm

We will have our depth problems solved after this. Then all we need is one top forward...
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:17 pm

Having just rejected Napoli's 5m offer for co-ownership of Armero ,they would gladly accept our loan with option to buy offer..

Seems legit.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Is Udinese in a major financial crisis? This is kind of sad. They are going to get killed in the first round of UCL and we're going to have just two Serie A teams competing in the group stage.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Juventude wrote:Is Udinese in a major financial crisis? This is kind of sad. They are going to get killed in the first round of UCL and we're going to have just two Serie A teams competing in the group stage.

I don't think they are in a financial crisis, but it's an interesting situation.

They always have young talented players, and they seem to sell them at the exact right moment (in most cases). This seems to be their goal, sell talent for big money, bring in new talent for less money, rinse and repeat.

Obviously they cannot compete financially with the bigger clubs.

This was the 2010-2011 season

Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move Udinese_stipendi

Now compare with Juventus, Inter, AC Milan

Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move Juventus_stipendi

Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move Inter_stipendi

Juve hijack Napoli-Armero move Milan_stipendi

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Juventude wrote:Is Udinese in a major financial crisis? This is kind of sad. They are going to get killed in the first round of UCL and we're going to have just two Serie A teams competing in the group stage.

Maybe they want to collect funds for renovating the Friuli ?I am not sure it has commenced yet..

Besides Pozzo owns 2-3 clubs..Its all just business for him in the end i suppose.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:54 pm

It just seems like losing Asamoah, Isla, Armero, and potentially more players might be a bit too much of the core of the team. It's amazing that Di Natale has turned down other offers and Udinese has kept him. A true symbol of the team.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:08 pm

It's not that they are in a financial crisis, it's kinda the opposite, they are in a great position financially. This comes from their business model, they don't wanna compete on the highest level, they focus on the profit - scouting talents, buying them really cheap, playing them then sell for huge amounts of money. I remember there was an article on goal.com about Udinese a while back.

Edit: I found it
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/01/25/2321869/kris-voakes-calcio-debate-the-story-behind-the-udinese-model-why-

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:48 pm

YES! This is the best possible player we could sign for or LWB position! He is a genuine upgrade on our current lot, has some lightining pace and is almost unstoppable when he bursts forward with intention...real pain the in the ass kinda player for the opposing team...keeps running...fights for every ball...Armero, Isla, and Asamoah were the best players by some distance at Udinese not counting Di Natale!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Pablo Armero isn't a LB.. He's as much of a wingback as Maggio is in Napoli and when you play him at LB he play like maggio did for Italy at RB - horrible. Way too offensive player for the need of Juventus right now. We want to shift between the 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 but signing Armero will only reinforce the 3-5-2 and still leave Chiellini the only capable LB in a 4-3-3. And with the reinforced attack we do need to play 4-3-3 sometimes IMO. Armero is available and that is why we're linked with him. As a matter of fact he's a better midfielder then defender.. Great workrate and great player - I just don't agree that he is the solution to the LB problem.

We need someone who can play LB and LWB and who (in theory) is crap at LM and LW.

Who is that? Kolarov, Cissokho, Peluso etc...
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:00 pm

What's wrong with PDC in a 4-3-3 and Armero in the 3-5-2, with PDC also as a capable LWB in the 3-5-2 and Chiellini as cover in the 4-3-3?

I'd be in favour of Kolarov or Cissokho as well but I'm not against Armero

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Let Napoli have him, put Isla there wth Lichsteiner on the right. Lichsteiner, Caceres, Isla, and De Ceglie is plenty of cover for 2 fullback or wingback spots. All are good at attacking, all are good, or at least decent, at defending. It seems like alot of people have forgotten about Caceres. He needs time too, and if we get another fullback i dont see him getting much.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:43 pm

If they didn't sell Cuadrado I would see this as not a bad move, but now I'm confused!
However, would welcome him to Juve!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down