+3
Brigate Rossonere
IzzyC08
IrasMaldinista
7 posters

Go down

The Legend, The Godsend And The End Empty The Legend, The Godsend And The End

Post by IrasMaldinista Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:02 pm

For everything in this world, there usually is a symbol. No exception exists.

In cinema, inevitably Marlon Brando’s bravura performance in Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Godfather” trilogy embodies everything that’s good about motion pictures.

In popular music, Michael Jackson was the number one.

The main player of computer world has been and still is Bill Gates, no doubt.

And then, wherever, whenever you hear or see Milan’s name, only one name rushes to your head…

It is beautiful to be able to boast the honor of having such a shiny name in our history books.
It is beautiful for us Milanisti, to be the ones who can adamantly clear their throats and say: “You mean our captain?”
It is beautiful to have been able to watch only a small part of this man’s illustrious career.
It is beautiful to have had the privilege to be a supporter of his.

And it is beautiful to see the whole Football world in sorrow when he finally decided to bow out, on top of his game, and with some style.

Isn’t it unbelievable to have the most loyal, graceful, respected, physically gifted, consistent and of course, the most handsome player of your generation all in one person?
And throughout three decades, until the last moment, easily be in cream of the crop of the beautiful game?

There have have been unforgettable names in Milan’s history such as Van Basten and Baresi, Nordahl and Liedholm, Rivera, Kaka and Shevchenko, but somehow, in a mysterious fashion, Capitano’s name stands out. I wanna someday find out why.

They say the best woman in your life should be the last one you meet, so you don’t feel any regret for the rest of your life.

In a way, this is our situation with our man; most of us saw the finest player we could ever see at the beginning of our years as a Football fanatic, and I, for one, don’t think I’ll ever see anything close to that.

This is what I’m talking about, but funny thing is, I’m not going to feel any regret, I enjoyed every last moment of my time as his huge fan and I saw him lift two Champions league trophies with such pride and power in front of his men, I don’t think I need any more.
I saw the best ever so early, now I’m relaxed about the rest of my time as a fan.

The night Kaka left Milan, I cried.
I cried a lot and was hoping for everything to be just a lie, a dream, whatever. But I didn’t want it to be true.

But you know, the day I saw Captain Paolo’s breathtaking lap of honor, it was like watching the last moments of my all-time favorite movie, a good ending is often equal in worth to the whole movie, it gives a sense of admiration, excitement and flying.

I was in tears, but I didn’t need to cry, and I didn’t cry.

I knew It was time to stop, it was time to say goodbye to it all.

Yes, I still did (and do) want him to carry on, but at the same time, it was a unique feeling to see the end of an era.

It felt like I’m the only living creature on earth who truly understands the value of this gem, like I’m the only one who knows what went on in those magical 25 years, even better than the man himself.

Today is one of the most important dates in A.C. Milan's rich history, the day the ultimate icon of the club was born 43 years ago.

In such a period of drastic dearth of loyalty and belongingness to origins, it was a privilege to be an observant of one of the greatest men in history of sports.

He’s missed, but not forgotten.

It is impossible for him to be forgotten, as when you watch Football, you’re watching legendary Paolo Maldini.

And that's the truth.
IrasMaldinista
IrasMaldinista
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Legend, The Godsend And The End Empty Re: The Legend, The Godsend And The End

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:18 pm

The Legend, The Godsend And The End Citizen-kane-clapping-gif
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Legend, The Godsend And The End Empty Re: The Legend, The Godsend And The End

Post by Brigate Rossonere Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 am

IrasMaldinista wrote:It is beautiful to have been able to watch only a small part of this man’s illustrious career.

You have put what I feel into words. Beautiful, Iras.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:36 am

Forever in my heart. Be thankful to God that we have been lucky enough to see this great man.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:35 pm

i am so happy that I saw him play... A small part of his career, as you said iras, but it was so magical. Il Capitano... He was such a beauty to watch.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 am

Only Milan player I will be jealous of that he was not part of my squad.

Shame that Milan have declined from producing great Italians like Maldini.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:45 am

Indeed. It seems like we are all young here and theferore have only started watching the Captain in the tail end of his career. It really says something when we feel passion for him and can tell the class he brings to the game by watching just the few games we all have watched from his career.

To Maldini!
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down