Eman
Jay29
Raptorgunner
32 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Oxlade-Chamberlain  Empty Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 am

Would it be a good move for his career if we loan him out for a season?

If Walcott does sign, I would not mind sending Oxlade on a loan for a season, and if we do need him we can bring him back.

What you guys think?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Oxlade-Chamberlain  Empty Re: Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

Chamberlain can play a part as a backup/rotation option in our first team, so there's no need to send him out on loan. His ability to play centrally and on both flanks will help him get the games he needs.

If he's not getting a lot of games, we can always loan him out in January.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 am

Agreed with Jay. He is already playing a big enough role that he doesn't need a loan, unless his chances get restricted next season.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:42 am

I would rather send Podolski on loan Razz
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:01 am

It would be better to loan Ryo out though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:07 am

Somewhere like Swansea would be a good option if he was to be loaned out. However if he's going to get adequate game time then there's no need.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:46 am

He got a good amount of minutes in the second half of the season but now that we have Podolski on the left and Gervinho able to play on either wing then he'll find competition in Theo on the right or maybe he'll start playing more centrally so unless that happens then we might have to send him out for a bit.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:13 am

Our wings are packed.. Now where will Ryo play ?
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:37 am

I don't think Ryo is ready yet Oxlade-Chamberlain is a better option atm. If someone has to go on loan it should be Ryo.

As silly it might sound we need Oxlade-Chamberlain as a super-sub or even start some games.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:31 pm

He's gonna get moved to CAM
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:39 pm

you guys think all of our squad will stay injury-freeOxlade-Chamberlain  Xowen10 Sad
he will defo get playing time and as mentioned his versatility can be helpful
Ryo dont deserve to get relegated with bolton want him on loan to epl side
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Would it be a good move for his career if we loan him out for a season?

If Walcott does sign, I would not mind sending Oxlade on a loan for a season, and if we do need him we can bring him back.

What you guys think?

I don't want him sent out. Send out a player who needs a lot of work so he gets minutes. For the OX, it's about quality, not quantity (of minutes) that matters. He will get his chances this year, and the minutes he puts in with Arsenal are worth many times more than what he would get from a team we loan him too, which would be much inferior I would imagine. Keep him!

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

http://lastwordonsports.com/category/twoleftcleats/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Sina wrote:you guys think all of our squad will stay injury-freeOxlade-Chamberlain  Xowen10
This x100000000000000

Three weeks into the season, half the squads going to be on the physio's table keeping Diaby company
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 pm

I would prefer to keep him around. Competition will be good for the squad and Oxlade-Chamberlain has the potential to be a real breakout star. I think he can be like Fabregas in the sense of becoming a key player at a very young age. With so many games in so many competitions, there will be plenty of opportunity for playing time. And as others have mentioned, we can't assume that all or nearly all of these guys will remain healthy.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:11 pm

Loaning out players should be done for a few different reasons.
To get there wages or part of them off our books because they are not arsenal quality. Denilson, squillaci maybe Chamakh and possibly some others.

To get them playing time to either see if they are Aersenal quality or so that they can regain their form. Some of our youth and possibly Ramsey (post injury).

Because we are so deep at certain positions that some of the Arsenal quality youth we have are not going to get playing time. Ryo, maybe Ignassi, Henderson, Frimpong. If we do loan any of these out we should be sending to someplace that they will get regular time and that there are other quality people around them so that they have someone to learn from.

I don't think that we should loan Ox out since I really do not see him in any of these groups. He is Arsenal quality and does not need to prove it or reagin his form. He will get playing time on the wings or CAM and slowly be pushed into more service. Besides who would we loan him to that could actually make him better? Barca, that is not going to happen.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:39 pm

*Not related to anything above*

I think after a pretty average start to the season, he has been improving recently. Last few months specially. It is a good sign i guess. His style is very unique and a bit of "brazilian flair" about him. That's why i hope he continues to become the player he should be.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:35 am

He plays better on the left side, I'm not surprised. I would start him against Everton he deserves it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:53 am

He's become really, really excellent. Great strength and dribbling, not to mention his speed. To add on what RG said earlier, the "Brazilian flair" about him is that he adds trickery to his runs. I'm not talking about flashy tricks, but effective tricks, quick short step overs, quick turns of pace, etc. He's also learning to be less selfish than in his early days at Arsenal. Can't wait to see his development continue.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 am

urbaNRoots wrote:He plays better on the left side, I'm not surprised. I would start him against Everton he deserves it.
he certainly deserves a start.. He has looked the most dangerous of our players whenever he came on the pitch in the recent games..
But at the left we have Cazorla playing in a false winger role over this successful run of games.. And Podolski is waiting for his chances too.. So the only position available is at the right where Gervais needs to be dropped and maybe Ox picked ahead of Walcott.. CM has been packed by consistent Arteta and Ramsey.. And we have Rosicky and Wilshere at CAM..
Sad that he had enough chances at the beginning of the season when he was poor and few chances when he is back on form..
But this situation has happened only because it is the end of the season and we have only the 3rd place trophy to play for.. And one injury to a key player, we will look terribly short of options.. So there is no need to loan him out..
Ryo has lost 1 year of development due to injuries.. And it will be difficult to give chances to promising players like Eisfield, Gnabry.. Especially if we sign new players next summer without having much to sell...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 am

Against Everton I'd play:

Fabianski
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Arteta Ramsey
Walcott Podolski Ox/Cazorla
Giroud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:59 am

Wilson37 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:He plays better on the left side, I'm not surprised. I would start him against Everton he deserves it.
he certainly deserves a start.. He has looked the most dangerous of our players whenever he came on the pitch in the recent games..
But at the left we have Cazorla playing in a false winger role over this successful run of games.. And Podolski is waiting for his chances too.. So the only position available is at the right where Gervais needs to be dropped and maybe Ox picked ahead of Walcott.. CM has been packed by consistent Arteta and Ramsey.. And we have Rosicky and Wilshere at CAM..
Sad that he had enough chances at the beginning of the season when he was poor and few chances when he is back on form..
But this situation has happened only because it is the end of the season and we have only the 3rd place trophy to play for.. And one injury to a key player, we will look terribly short of options.. So there is no need to loan him out..
Ryo has lost 1 year of development due to injuries.. And it will be difficult to give chances to promising players like Eisfield, Gnabry.. Especially if we sign new players next summer without having much to sell...
A frontline of:
Theo Lukas Ox
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:43 am

Artilleristen wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:
A frontline of:
Theo Lukas Ox
no Giroud ? the most influential player in our attack.. hmm

urbaNRoots wrote:Against Everton I'd play:

Fabianski
Arteta Ramsey
Giroud
Thumbs up
that lineup looks really good considering that Rosicky and Jack are not fully fit..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:55 am

Wilson37 wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
Wilson37 wrote:
A frontline of:
Theo Lukas Ox
no Giroud ? the most influential player in our attack.. hmm

urbaNRoots wrote:Against Everton I'd play:

Fabianski
Arteta Ramsey
Giroud
Thumbs up
that lineup looks really good considering that Rosicky and Jack are not fully fit..
Im saying that we have the ability to give him a rest, since the run around of games is so much, and I think that w/ Theo, Lukas, and Ox upfront, and Rosicky/ Cazorla in the midfield would look good, and it would create matchup problems, because of speed. And when Giroud would come in around the 60-70 the minute the defense would be worn down a bit, and his more physical play style would work better.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

Think this season is a great kick up the arse for both Ox and those who thought he was ready to stake a regular claim in this team.

Competition makes him better,less complacent and highly motivated.
The talent is obviously there, if he could only work on the mental aspects of his game and overall consistency, I'm sure he would be destined for greatness. Proud
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:34 pm

i read that he had too many protien shakes when he was younger in an effort to "bulk up", now arsenal have to specially manage his weight. He does look a bit too plump for his own good imo, shame that.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next