Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres

+4
davidsNC
Juventude
Forza
dronte
8 posters

Go down

Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres Empty Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres

Post by dronte Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Juventus have turned their attention to Chelsea attacker Fernando Torres as they have set their sights on a high-profile striker ahead of the 2012-13 campaign, and have made a €30 million offer for the Spain international, Goal.com can reveal.

The Serie A champions had initially set their sights on Napoli star Edinson Cavani, but they have no intention of meeting the Partenopei's €70m valuation of the Uruguay international.

The Spain international has been struggling to live up to the high expectations at Chelsea ever since his €58m move to the Blues in January 2011, and could be allowed to move on if the price is right.

Juventus director Fabio Paratici first met with Fernando Torres' entourage during the winter transfer window to discuss a potential move, and the Old Lady have now stepped up their interest a notch.

They are not only willing to splash the cash on the attacker, but are ready to include Italy international Sebastian Giovinco in the deal, too.

Nevertheless, the potential transfer of Torres to Juve is by no means a done deal yet as there are still plenty of obstacles to overcome.

The Bianconeri could struggle to meet the striker's wage demands as he is currently on an annual salary of nearly €10m.

Additionally, Chelsea are unlikely to sell the forward until they have secured the services of a new striker themselves. The Champions League winners are believed to be keen on Porto striker Hulk, but an agreement is still far away.

First contact between both clubs has been made, though, and Juventus appear to be sitting in pole position to lure Fernando Torres to Turin if his current club indeed opt to sell the beleaguered striker this summer.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres Empty Re: Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres

Post by Forza Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:18 pm

LOL
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres Empty Re: Juventus make €30m offer for Chelsea striker Fernando Torres

Post by Juventude Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:29 pm

I think this one is more rumor than reality.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:18 pm

Juventude wrote:I think this one is more rumor than reality.
I don't think so. Now that Cavani is probably out of the picture and Van Persie looks like staying at Arsenal he could be the next real target. Which is pretty sad imo.

Or, it's just another move by Marotta to reduce the price for Cavani Very Happy

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:28 pm

if we're making a bid for him, let's just save some money and try to get... and i know i'm going to get a lot of heat for this... klaas huntelaar.

i personally, don't think he flopped in milan... when given chances he did pretty well. he scores for club and country, and i think would be a very economical buy, whic might leave us enough money to get jovetic (who i really want to see in turin next year)

about torres, he was once great, but based on his recent form 30 mill is too much...

my guess is that this is a rumor/ distraction from one of our real targets
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:54 pm

dronte wrote:
Juventude wrote:I think this one is more rumor than reality.
I don't think so. Now that Cavani is probably out of the picture and Van Persie looks like staying at Arsenal he could be the next real target. Which is pretty sad imo.

Or, it's just another move by Marotta to reduce the price for Cavani Very Happy

I don't know if we would come close to matching his salary and, for that reason, I don't see the deal going through. Torres isn't going to take a pay cut and I think that Marotta won't pay that much.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:22 pm

davidsNC wrote:if we're making a bid for him, let's just save some money and try to get... and i know i'm going to get a lot of heat for this... klaas huntelaar.

i personally, don't think he flopped in milan... when given chances he did pretty well. he scores for club and country, and i think would be a very economical buy, whic might leave us enough money to get jovetic (who i really want to see in turin next year)

about torres, he was once great, but based on his recent form 30 mill is too much...

Hell no. Huntelaar is utter crap, and is made for the lower league/teams. He has nothing to do in the CL, he is slow, bad passing skills, weak, and looks tired after 20 min on the field. Lopez is much better than him, no joke.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:48 pm

Eivindo wrote:
davidsNC wrote:if we're making a bid for him, let's just save some money and try to get... and i know i'm going to get a lot of heat for this... klaas huntelaar.

Hell no. Huntelaar is utter crap, and is made for the lower league/teams. He has nothing to do in the CL, he is slow, bad passing skills, weak, and looks tired after 20 min on the field. Lopez is much better than him, no joke.

I agree. Huntelaar has been given plenty of chances to break through and just hasn't been able to do it with a major club. A signing like Huntelaar would be a step in the wrong direction for Juve.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:05 pm

won't happen either way, but i guess we'll agree to disagree... but to say he is utter crap is overblowing it... you can't have his numbers, and be utter crap
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:09 pm

It annoys me coz if Ballotelli werent such a f8ck up then he would be perfect for Juve, he just needs to grow up hmm

Last edited by inderbaby on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Kick wrote: Laughing

Yeah, it's funny how Juve are going to offer 30m for such a crappy player Laughing
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:16 pm

7amood11 wrote:
Kick wrote: Laughing

Yeah, it's funny how Juve are going to offer 30m for such a crappy player Laughing

Agreed. I'll pass on Torres and Tevez. Both overpaid.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down