C.Marchisio #8
The Franchise
Khaled
64 posters

Page 15 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down

La Masia - Page 15 Empty Re: La Masia

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh right, yes I think I heard about Riverola.

Yeah, I though about Gustavo. I wasn't sure if he'd been loaned or something. Hasn't been used.

From what I know:
Banuz (GK) - Know anything about him? He could replace Masip, who I think is a bit useles....
Campabadal (CB) - He's supposed to be quite good no?
Ayala (CB) - Also pretty good I gather.
Patri (CM) - Don't really like him... Seems to lack technical quality for Barca too.
Dongou (FWD) - ... We all know about him...
Angel (Winger?) - I've heard he's quie a nice player.

Yeah I heard of Bagnack too, looks like quite a beast.

I agree on Gomez and Armando pairing, but I thought Gomez was quite a good player when I saw him. Not living up to his billing? Yes he is slow, maybe he would be suited to the EPL.

Good to hear about Roberto.

I wonder where Rafinha's future lies... because I think he would be a good option instead of Messi as a false 9 in the future, he was super there in the game in the CL. However, he's clearly good enough for CM too. Neither position will have lots of space though. Can he play to the side at all as well? Great prospect though... I like his style.

BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 07, 2012 3:09 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:

From what I know:
Banuz (GK) - Know anything about him? He could replace Masip, who I think is a bit useles....
Campabadal (CB) - He's supposed to be quite good no?
Ayala (CB) - Also pretty good I gather.
Patri (CM) - Don't really like him... Seems to lack technical quality for Barca too.
Dongou (FWD) - ... We all know about him...
Angel (Winger?) - I've heard he's quie a nice player.

Bañuz is a great goalkeeper. The most promising in the youth ranks IMO.

Campadabal is a very energetic right back. Good player. (can play CB too).

Miguel Angel can either play as winger or CM. He has a lot of technique and is really talented. Can shoot very well too and scores a good amount of goals. He was THE star of the juvenil A. I think he is injured now cause I didn't see him in the last games and I guess it's the reason of the poor ending of season of juvenil A (lost the league in the last game, lost in the "Champions Cup" against Espanyol).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon May 07, 2012 3:44 pm

I dont like Ayala, has many of the same flaws as Pique from what I saw. Granted, it wasnt alot, but he seems to lack concentration.

He is slow on the turn and his previously mentioned lack od concentration and then positioning dont impress.

Aslong as Bagnack keeps his long balls/hoofing under control, he looks like the superior player.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon May 07, 2012 6:37 pm

I'm just glad Riverola is out. I was never sold on him, failed to impress at Vitesse as well so he clearly lacked quality. In that regard I'm glad he won't be filling up a space on the starting 11 anymore.

I rarely see anything of Juvenil A so thanks for the insight free.

Next season looks to be even harder for Barça B. Let's hope they will be able to at least stay in the Segunda. I'm really proud they were able to get there in the first place.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Ebwelle has scored 14 goals and provided 30 assists for Juvenile B this season CRACK!!!!!!

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Fri May 11, 2012 2:25 pm

They're not really in danger of being relegated but Eusebio might be in over his head...They've looked very unconvincing this season, the dropoff after Lucho went to Roma is palpable...Shame about Oscar Garcia leaving the club because he earned a shot with the B team...Plus, he might actually have the chops for first team managing...Wonder if that was yet another Cruyff extermination by Rosell et al

The hype on Deulofeu needs to be dialed down still, he's not really ready for first team football yet...Still a fairly one trick pony who has looked out of his depth when he's had some minutes with the first team against better defenders...For the moment, he remains a racecar...Dongou looks more ready than him, tbh...And I am surprised, free, that you aren't optimistic about Dongou...I concur that Graham has grossly overstated his potential but there's magic in the player

FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:Makes sense, when I watched that Ajax game I felt Samper and Babunski were good (Samper very good actually), but the rest struggled alot. I think it was Patri and Quesada that day, they didnt impress me at all.

I feel for Samper though, he's playing mostly at DM now since Toral was poached last summer and he's at his best as a deep lying playmaker just ahead of the DM ala Xavi...For me, he has the best vision in the cantera
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Welcome FCB & TonyKross cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 am

Deulofeu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barca B beats Almeria away (1-2), Almeria are fighting for a playoffs place.. Barca B are now ranked 8th in Segunda with 53 points.

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbSWX5fB3Ds&feature=g-all-u [/youtube]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun May 13, 2012 5:40 am

Not bad... not bad at all...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun May 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Still a few more weeks left in the 2nd division. I am interesting in seeing what 3 times are the ones to go up when it's all said and done
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun May 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Still games against Valladolid, Numancia, Guadalajara, Las Palmas and Xerez. Not easy, but they should really try to win those games against Numancia, Las Palmas and Xerez. I don't see them making up 5 points in 5 games so it's all about defending this 8th place now.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun May 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Deulofeu> Pedro, Alexis, Cuenca and Tello.

Promote him for next season, we don't need a new forward!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun May 13, 2012 9:03 pm

FCBarça wrote:They're not really in danger of being relegated but Eusebio might be in over his head...They've looked very unconvincing this season, the dropoff after Lucho went to Roma is palpable...Shame about Oscar Garcia leaving the club because he earned a shot with the B team...Plus, he might actually have the chops for first team managing...Wonder if that was yet another Cruyff extermination by Rosell et al

The hype on Deulofeu needs to be dialed down still, he's not really ready for first team football yet...Still a fairly one trick pony who has looked out of his depth when he's had some minutes with the first team against better defenders...For the moment, he remains a racecar...Dongou looks more ready than him, tbh...And I am surprised, free, that you aren't optimistic about Dongou...I concur that Graham has grossly overstated his potential but there's magic in the player

Dongou more ready than Deulofeu? What are you smoking bro?
Dongou has barely played with B, and when he has done it, he has only been better than Rodri, but that's not difficult.
On the other hand, Deulofeu is currently the best player in the B team. By far. It's not even arguable. Almost all danger from our lads come through Gerard.

My bet is that Dongou will never make it at the A team, while Deulofeu will become sooner or later a starter at Barça.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 14, 2012 4:12 am

free_cat wrote:Deulofeu> Pedro, Alexis, Cuenca and Tello.

Not yet... 1 more year I think. We should take him on preseason and give him cup games though to see how he's matured. The few chances he got he was very nervous and not ready for it yet. We just need to ease him in. He was also very weak against the men, so hopefully he'll improve that aspect too, and maybe also grow a bit.

I would wait 1 or 2 years to protect him.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 14, 2012 8:31 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
free_cat wrote:Deulofeu> Pedro, Alexis, Cuenca and Tello.

Not yet... 1 more year I think. We should take him on preseason and give him cup games though to see how he's matured. The few chances he got he was very nervous and not ready for it yet. We just need to ease him in. He was also very weak against the men, so hopefully he'll improve that aspect too, and maybe also grow a bit.

I would wait 1 or 2 years to protect him.

The sensible path would be the one you describe.
I'm being uber-entusiasthical after Deulofeu show vs. Almeria. However, we really have to take him into consideration and try not to block his way with signed players.

You are also right saying that when playing with A team he has done nothing. However, it makes little sense to judge him for this minutes with A team (20 minutes?). My theory, is that the top 10 teams at Segunda are almost as good as the bottom 10 in primera. Hence, Deulofeu shining almost against every team in segunda means he is more than ready to play against the bottom 10 teams in primera.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon May 14, 2012 8:36 am

I would definitely like to see him get a few chances. I think pre-season is where he can determine whether he gets a few like you speak of. If he can impress there and show he's ready, then he's ready for some minor games with us. There's no doubt he's more talented than Tello and Cuenca, and if it means he takes their time, I'm all for it.

Free, any insight into who is more likely to be kept of Bartra and Muniesa? My instincts say we will keep only one (I hope we do). It sounds like Bartra improved a lot this season, while Muniesa was impressing in various positions.

A wider question: who do you think will get promoted for next season/ leave Barca B for another club?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Mon May 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Free_cat , I don't agree with you, Dongou will definitely make it to the first team barring a serious injury, I have watched him several times especially in the nextgen series, he has very high football IQ and can play in all three frontline positions and also as a false 9. I think he also has the most assists in Juvenile A this year.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 pm

free_cat wrote:Dongou more ready than Deulofeu? What are you smoking bro?

Vape >> smoking....Dongou > Deulofeu atm...Yes, still...Not only is Dongou a better player overall right now, he has boat loads more potential than Deulofeu, for me...Deulofeu at best is looking like Navas whereas Dongou could actually become our own Falcao...I've seen both of them play live and I've seen them quite a bit...It's irrelevant whether Dongou has barely played for B, he's jumped youth levels quicker than anyone other than Leo - and has succeeded everytime...Moreover, Dongou has a more rounded game...I suspect both will be with the team in preseason now that Dongou is 17...I like Deulofeu but he's had Bojan level hype for too long and frankly doesn't even deserve that - at least Bojan was far more productive...He remains a racecar, a Walcott, for me...Definitely don't agree about the comparisons to Tello & Cuenca...Even on a even playing field, Deulofeu has disappointed both times he had a run out this season with the first team...He looked so out of his depth out there...There's purpose to what Tello, Cuenca and even Dongou do out there on the pitch...I still can't get that picture out of my mind of Deulofeu complaining about a lack of a whistle for a foul while the opposition scored off his turnover...Probably part of the reason Eusebio called him out this season

free_cat wrote:On the other hand, Deulofeu is currently the best player in the B team. By far. It's not even arguable. Almost all danger from our lads come through Gerard.

He might be the most dangerous but not the best...I'd say that's Rafinha...Even having seen him live 3 times this season I'm left feeling that he's still pretty immature, even for an 18 year old...Workrate & attitude will be issues

free_cat wrote:My bet is that Dongou will never make it at the A team, while Deulofeu will become sooner or later a starter at Barça.

We call that easy money, you're on

Last edited by FCBarça on Mon May 14, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Mon May 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Dongou has scored 2 goals in 109 minutes in Segunda.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Mon May 14, 2012 3:15 pm

tonykross wrote:Dongou has scored 2 goals in 109 minutes in Segunda.

Ahh if only football was just about stats
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Mon May 14, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes most of football is about stats, that's the reason the team with the most points wins the league.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Mon May 14, 2012 3:23 pm

And King Leo has 72 goals 30 assists. yes stats is very important.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 14, 2012 3:24 pm

tonykross wrote:Free_cat , I don't agree with you, Dongou will definitely make it to the first team barring a serious injury, I have watched him several times especially in the nextgen series, he has very high football IQ and can play in all three frontline positions and also as a false 9. I think he also has the most assists in Juvenile A this year.

Dongou is a great talent for sure. And I think he will reach the first team. What I don't think is that he will become a starter. He lacks technique to be a first teamer. But hey, if he is really 17, he has plenty of time to improve and nothing is settled in stone.. Btw, perhaps he can play at the wings, but he doesn't usually, so I think it's speculation.

FCBarça wrote:

Vape >> smoking....Dongou > Deulofeu atm...Yes, still...Not only is Dongou a better player overall right now, he has the boat loads more potential than Deulofeu...Deulofeu at best is looking like Navas whereas Dongou could be our own Falcao...I've seen both of them play and I've seen them quite a bit...It's irrelevant whether Dongou has barely played for B, he's jumped youth levels quicker than anyone other than Leo - and has succeeded everytime...I suspect both will be with the team in preseason now that Dongou is 17...I like Deulofeu but he's had Bojan level hype for too long and frankly doesn't deserve that either...Bojan was far more productive...He remains a racecar, a Walcott, for me...Definitely don't agree about the comparisons to Tello & Cuenca...Even on a even playing field, Deulofeu has disappointed both times he had a run out this season with the first team...He looked so out of his depth out there

I think you don't realize the huge leap there is between playing with boys of your age or at least 2 years more (Dongou at Juvenil), than playing at Segunda, vs. the second string best players of Spain of all ages. A division that is very competitive and is proving year after year that most of their top teams are in the same level than bottom first division teams. The leap is huge. Deulofeu adapted after Tello and Cuenca left and has been ripping Segunda apart with 17 years old (now 18).

Tello is a racecar. Deulofeu is a racecar than has much more technique, dribling skills, passing and shot. The comparison with CR is inevitable, while the comparison between Dongou and Falcao is mere speculation. It can happen, but they are not very similar now.

It's kind of rushing things to judge Deulofeu's future on his only appearence this season as a sub for the first team that lasted 20 minutes. I could do the same with Dongou's appearences with the B team, which have been far from impressive, but that would be stupid cause he has barely played and he is 17. It's his appearences at Juvenil A that can point to Dongou being a very good player, not his 10 minutes appearences with B. Also, Deulofeu played a very good match in preseason in the America tour after coming back from the Euro U-18 (in which btw he was the best player).

FCBarça wrote:
He might be the most dangerous but not the best...I'd say that's Rafinha...Even having seen him live 3 times this season I'm left feeling that he's still pretty immature, even for an 18 year old...Workrate & attitude will be issues

Rafinha is a great player and a gem. I agree with you that him that he can be argued as the best player in our B team with Deulofeu or JDS.
And agreed, Deulofeu has attitude issues that he has to address: this has been thoroughly discussed and criticized in this thread.

FCBarça wrote:
We call that easy money, you're on

Well, the easy money would be to bet on Dongou's being a starter sooner or later according to Graham Hunter, wouldn't it? Haven't heard any reference of that kind from a journalist towards Deulofeu.

Last edited by free_cat on Mon May 14, 2012 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon May 14, 2012 3:33 pm

tonykross wrote:Dongou has scored 2 goals in 109 minutes in Segunda.

Here:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqbcjf_barca-b-1-murcia-0_sport?start=0

Can't get this video embbeded don't know why.

Here are Dongou's goals. Two nice tap ins. If only Rodri could do that...

Oh look at the second video! It's Deulofeu running havoc at Alcoyano's defence, dribling, lob passing and assisting a goal! Let's see if Dongou can do something remotely similar to that next season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by tonykross Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Free_cat, Tap ins are still goals, I've seen Dongou score better goals than that.They are both great prospects but don't attempt to discredit one over the other.

tonykross
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 28 ... 41  Next