Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

More Than A Hollywood Story - Page 3 Empty Re: More Than A Hollywood Story

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Zealous wrote:If that happened I would become hardcore Newcastlista :vagi:

Anyway mole if you win a trophy it's because Ashley bought it for you :lucas :

I'd argue its because Liverpool keep paying for us to buy more players :lucas :

On the first point it's rumoured if Krul is to leave ( which seems nigh on possible) that we would buy Al-Habsi to replace him :vagi:

:vagi:

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Dante13 wrote:A team won the league after spending a cold billion
Closer to reality.

I don't have a problem with a team with money winning trophies, as long as it's their money. United have money to spend, but that's from their disgusting trophy haul over the last 20 years. City were plucked from mid/lower table obscurity, had a load of dosh chucked their way, bought every player that was above 90 on FIFA that year and "won" the league.

How a football fan can be happy about that is beyond me
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 4:55 pm

The money United spent wasn't their's either.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Who's money did they spend when they bought Andy Cole, RVN and Solskjær?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I don't know, a bank's maybe? Not sure lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Meh, City fans don't care, I wouldn't care if I were one myself. They are currently celebrating a title their side won against their very bitter rivals. Yes, they "bought" it but if money guarantees success then Liverpool would have finished higher than their broke ass neighbours...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon May 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Lex wrote:
Dante13 wrote:A team won the league after spending a cold billion
Closer to reality.

I don't have a problem with a team with money winning trophies, as long as it's their money. United have money to spend, but that's from their disgusting trophy haul over the last 20 years. City were plucked from mid/lower table obscurity, had a load of dosh chucked their way, bought every player that was above 90 on FIFA that year and "won" the league.

How a football fan can be happy about that is beyond me

well Lex , no , i am not happy , more like

More Than A Hollywood Story - Page 3 D78c692732b9b369f987123e906ef6f6_view

there's how i feel about City's way to success. Laughing Because it's what all teams do to win and the chances to succeed otherwise are quite small. Actually , teams like Dortmund are just the exception that proves the rule..

Even though I get what you want to say , in the end ,
their money or the other's , or Sheikh's .. it doesn't matter , it's money and they spended on their way to success like almost any other team has done before . They just spended more because they could spend more , but that doesn't change the subject , does it ?
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 14, 2012 5:57 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Surag wrote:Barcalearning to change username to Citylearning :vagi:

For those that dont know, I support MAn C ever since they got the likes of Yaya, Silva, Dezko, etc, among my favourites players.... and largely also becos I support any team that can beat/rival Man U since I hate them so much being a former Liverpool fan years ago. I stopped supporting them after my favourite players like Mcmanaman, Fowler, Owen all left....

Some ppl dont understand and still think i support whichever team thats successful, thats not true. Anyway GO MAN C~!! MAN U UR DOWN! Very Happy

You really are the ultimate bandwagoner plastic aren't you? I doubt anyone here on this forum takes what you say seriously.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon May 14, 2012 7:28 pm

aford92 wrote:I can't believe the people are giving them so much credit. They spent about £300m and could only win the title on goal difference against one of the worst Man United teams in the PL era. Vidic injured for the majority of the season so they have to play Evans at CB almost every game, problems at RB mean they had to play Jones or Smalling there, the midfield was so weak they had to get Scholes out of retirement, and he STARTS!!!

Yes they started well, the 8-2 against Arsenal was a great performance but soon after the setbacks started. Compare it to the previous recent title winning Man United sides, the team that had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo up front for example. Imagine if Arsenal had spent £300m, they would've had the league sewn up by February.

And then there's the CL, how do you get knocked out at the group stage after spending that type of cash? Yes the group was hard but people saying that the it's ok because it was their first time in the competition are silly, it may be the clubs first time but the vast majority of the players at the club had played in the CL before. They had a CL winner in Yaya Toure, Kolo and Clichy appeared in a final so that excuse is false. Then to top it all off they get knocked out of the EL by Sporting. Now, some people are going to say that the reason they got knocked out is because they didn't take it seriously, I say rubbish, they played very strong starting line ups in the games they played and went out and tried to win. They didn't do what Spurs did and just play the kids in every game. The even played strong lineups in the Carling Cup, but couldn't win it. They took the FA cup seriously too because they were defending champs.

So people are praising them for spending over £300m and only winning 2 trophies in 2 seasons, they won the FA cup last season and this season limped to the title on goal difference against a poor United side. And yet people are talking like Mancini is some sort of genius and like the club deserves it and they deserve recognition. No, they deserve to be scrutinised because it was so difficult for them. Look at Mou at Chelsea and the season when they finished with 95 points, they had the league done and dusted by February/March, they didn't spend anywhere near as much as City and they were against much better competition. If you are looking for a rich team to praise, you praise that one. Mancini has not accomplished anything special, any competent manager, given that amount of capital would have done alot more that Mancini and made it look a whole lot easier.

This is one of the dumbest posts ever. Real went out and broke the single biggest transfer record twice in the same off season with Ronaldo and Kaka and then also bought the likes of Benzema, Alonso, Ozil, Di Maria, Arbeloa, Khedira, Carvalho, Sahin, Coentrao, Varane and I'm sure I'm leaving some players out.

That has to be damn close if not more then what City spent in there 3 year span. And had to build a championship team out of scraps where as Madrid were already one of the best teams in Europe.

They both had to overtake monster teams in there leagues Barca and Man U and they knew if they didn't spend big and get the best players they could this was just not going to happen until those teams cycles past.

You keep saying City should win more with the players they have. Well Madrid has the best coach in the world and some of the best players in the world and spent a similar amount of money and did it over the same 3 year period that City did and guess what, they have won the exact same thing City has.

They won there Domestic League and a League cup just like City.

And that is with what many think is the best coach ever at the helm.

It takes time to build a team it doesn't happen overnight no matter how much money they spend.

And why are you not bashing Madrid? Why do they have more of a right to spend big then City do?

Your argument holds no water, your just among the other's who fear change and don't want the hierarchy in the leagues change because you think certain team's wake up in the morning with the right to win trophies and everyone else is there to be there whipping boys.

To win big you have to spend big, all City did was follow the model already in place.

Just because teams were better then them like Chelsea when they were bought doesn't mean anything, it's the same thing. City had a plan to win the CL and EPL in 5 years and to get there they had to invest heavily who are you to tell them how they should spend there money or how ambitious they should be or how many trophies they should have won.

The days of old money running football are changing to an extent you don't need to sit here and bash it, it's good for the leagues and the game.

But for you I guess you just want United to crush everyone in the EPl for the next 5 years so it as predictable as watching the globetrotters.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Mon May 14, 2012 7:34 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
aford92 wrote:I can't believe the people are giving them so much credit. They spent about £300m and could only win the title on goal difference against one of the worst Man United teams in the PL era. Vidic injured for the majority of the season so they have to play Evans at CB almost every game, problems at RB mean they had to play Jones or Smalling there, the midfield was so weak they had to get Scholes out of retirement, and he STARTS!!!

Yes they started well, the 8-2 against Arsenal was a great performance but soon after the setbacks started. Compare it to the previous recent title winning Man United sides, the team that had Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo up front for example. Imagine if Arsenal had spent £300m, they would've had the league sewn up by February.

And then there's the CL, how do you get knocked out at the group stage after spending that type of cash? Yes the group was hard but people saying that the it's ok because it was their first time in the competition are silly, it may be the clubs first time but the vast majority of the players at the club had played in the CL before. They had a CL winner in Yaya Toure, Kolo and Clichy appeared in a final so that excuse is false. Then to top it all off they get knocked out of the EL by Sporting. Now, some people are going to say that the reason they got knocked out is because they didn't take it seriously, I say rubbish, they played very strong starting line ups in the games they played and went out and tried to win. They didn't do what Spurs did and just play the kids in every game. The even played strong lineups in the Carling Cup, but couldn't win it. They took the FA cup seriously too because they were defending champs.

So people are praising them for spending over £300m and only winning 2 trophies in 2 seasons, they won the FA cup last season and this season limped to the title on goal difference against a poor United side. And yet people are talking like Mancini is some sort of genius and like the club deserves it and they deserve recognition. No, they deserve to be scrutinised because it was so difficult for them. Look at Mou at Chelsea and the season when they finished with 95 points, they had the league done and dusted by February/March, they didn't spend anywhere near as much as City and they were against much better competition. If you are looking for a rich team to praise, you praise that one. Mancini has not accomplished anything special, any competent manager, given that amount of capital would have done alot more that Mancini and made it look a whole lot easier.

This is one of the dumbest posts ever. Real went out and broke the single biggest transfer record twice in the same off season with Ronaldo and Kaka and then also bought the likes of Benzema, Alonso, Ozil, Di Maria, Arbeloa, Khedira, Carvalho, Sahin, Coentrao, Varane and I'm sure I'm leaving some players out.

That has to be damn close if not more then what City spent in there 3 year span. And had to build a championship team out of scraps where as Madrid were already one of the best teams in Europe.

They both had to overtake monster teams in there leagues Barca and Man U and they knew if they didn't spend big and get the best players they could this was just not going to happen until those teams cycles past.

You keep saying City should win more with the players they have. Well Madrid has the best coach in the world and some of the best players in the world and spent a similar amount of money and did it over the same 3 year period that City did and guess what, they have won the exact same thing City has.

They won there Domestic League and a League cup just like City.

And that is with what many think is the best coach ever at the helm.

It takes time to build a team it doesn't happen overnight no matter how much money they spend.

And why are you not bashing Madrid? Why do they have more of a right to spend big then City do?

Your argument holds no water, your just among the other's who fear change and don't want the hierarchy in the leagues change because you think certain team's wake up in the morning with the right to win trophies and everyone else is there to be there whipping boys.

To win big you have to spend big, all City did was follow the model already in place.

Just because teams were better then them like Chelsea when they were bought doesn't mean anything, it's the same thing. City had a plan to win the CL and EPL in 5 years and to get there they had to invest heavily who are you to tell them how they should spend there money or how ambitious they should be or how many trophies they should have won.

The days of old money running football are changing to an extent you don't need to sit here and bash it, it's good for the leagues and the game.

But for you I guess you just want United to crush everyone in the EPl for the next 5 years so it as predictable as watching the globetrotters.

Whatever Madrid spend is coming from what the club have earned over its' history, not from a sugar daddy.
Just my two cents, doesn't mean I disagree with some of your points.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3