Inter starlet Pecorini banned for nine months Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Inter starlet Pecorini banned for nine months

Go down

Inter starlet Pecorini banned for nine months Empty Inter starlet Pecorini banned for nine months

Post by dronte Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:55 am

Inter defender Simone Pecorini has been handed a nine-month ban from football for "grabbing the referee and hurling abuse" during the Primavera team's NextGen Series final victory over Ajax.

The Nerazzurri lifted the Under-19 edition of the Champions League on March 25 following a penalty shootout against the Dutch outfit, but the match was marred with controversy after it emerged the 19-year-old was overly aggressive to English official Lee Collins.

Amateur video footage has since circulated, showing Pecorini verbally protesting towards the referee shortly after Lorenzo Crisetig's winning spot kick, although he did not make any physical contact with Collins.

"There was no violence, but simply a verbal protest," the defender's agent Giorgio Parretti told La Repubblica.

"We found a video clip and have sent it to Inter for the appeal. The lad made a mistake, but such a huge ban is certainly out of proportion."

Inter coach Andrea Stramaccioni, who presided over the cup final victory, also commented on the incident at his pre-match press conference: "Unfortunately I did not see anything, as I wasn't present [when the incident took place].

"What I can say is that I was taken aback by this story because Pecorini is a fantastic lad who rarely complains.

"It seems strange that he would be so naive as to do something that serious."

Source:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/04/07/3019490/inter-starlet-pecorini-banned-for-nine-months

--------------------

Wow, 9 months is brutally excessive, even if he grapped the referee. Shocked

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down