+3
Le Samourai
Fahim89
RedOranje
7 posters

Go down

Huntelaar Empty Huntelaar

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Should be our number 1 priority for summer IMO.

I have plenty of reasons for that, and we all know we are crying for a clinical striker up front.

- Has previously linked up brilliantly with Suarez
- in last year of his contract with Schalke and expressed desire to move (price would be lower)
- Despite decent goal/game rations in both Madrid and Milan, still has something to prove at a top league and a big club

He is our most realistic top target for this summer imo, because let's be honest...Cavani and them won't come here without CL.

Back to top Go down

Huntelaar Empty Re: Huntelaar

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:11 pm

Good to see Sepi turning on Carroll and living up to his moniker.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:13 pm

^ **** me dead. You really don't think we will need a striker this summer ?

Kuyt will almost certainly leave...

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Undoubtedly player who has just missed out of great things . . but the question does remain at 28 he has not been able to shine at the highest level . . . that does raise questions hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Undoubtedly player who has just missed out of great things . . but the question does remain at 28 he has not been able to shine at the highest level . . . that does raise questions hmm

He scored 8 in 20 games in 6 months in Madrid. His stint in Milan wasn't successful though, but I agree. Some players just mature with age.

Not to mention, he is the top scorer in one of the best national teams in the world, have played on highest stages of CL and WC and EC, and has the experience to fit right in.

Him and Adebayor are our most realistic chance at getting top strikers this summer. Or even Dzeko at a cut price whom I believe will score goals.

Huntelaar my pick though because he's shown he can do it with Suarez and has a point to prove.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:01 pm

Dosen't particularly impress me honestly.He isn't going to leave Schalke either....they're going to be in the CL.

I like Burak Yilmaz...if the Turkish league is at all decent...he would be a great pickup.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm

40 goals in 38 games this season, and all time scorer of Dutch NT doesn't impress you ? Shocked

We need a first choice striker. Someone with experience at top level.

and He will leave Schalke IMO, Vidal was in CL too with Leverkusen, but left for Juve. It's the PL calibre, and Huntelaar's chance to prove a point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Schweini wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Undoubtedly player who has just missed out of great things . . but the question does remain at 28 he has not been able to shine at the highest level . . . that does raise questions hmm

He scored 8 in 20 games in 6 months in Madrid. His stint in Milan wasn't successful though, but I agree. Some players just mature with age.

Not to mention, he is the top scorer in one of the best national teams in the world, have played on highest stages of CL and WC and EC, and has the experience to fit right in.

Him and Adebayor are our most realistic chance at getting top strikers this summer. Or even Dzeko at a cut price whom I believe will score goals.

Huntelaar my pick though because he's shown he can do it with Suarez and has a point to prove.

Dzeko & Adebayor won't be considered i feel because of our policy & their salary just not going in the same direction. .

As far as Huntelaar i am not aware of his salary demands but are you willing to take chances on another striker who needs to prove some points??

I myself want to see Morgan (18) & Eccleston (22) given some shot! ! with both being in great form in the academy level! ! can't be worse then what we had in Ngog Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:18 pm

^
If you want another season of struggling for 7th place, then why not Very Happy

Huntelaar has been Europe's most profilic striker this season behind Messi and Ronaldo btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Not really.

Don't get me wrong he's a great player , but I don't think he's someone who's gonna take Liverpool very far.We need to have faith in Carrol, he will score goals.

Huntellar at the moment will be ridiculously overpriced for his skill set, he's got great instincts but essentially if I had to compare him to someone it'd be Chicharito....and I really don't think Chicharito would solve any problems either.

If you really think a top class striker is needed, there are various guys who'd be better suited.Remy for example would cost less, Soldado, et al.

I honestly don't know who should be a priority Bellhanda/Kwadwo Assamoah perhaps....both give us depth across 3 positions and if Henderson is really capable of being an AM then they won't clash.

All being said...I really have to think about it to develop some realistic targets.

Hoillet and Montolivo are free so we can start there.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Schweini wrote:^
If you want another season of struggling for 7th place, then why not Very Happy

Huntelaar has been Europe's most profilic striker this season behind Messi and Ronaldo btw.

by the youngsters i meant to say i would like to see them in action this season but not the whole of the next coming season . . scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:29 pm

KJH will be 15M tops, due to his contract conflicts. That's what I am so keen.

He has 1 year remaining, and if he doesn't extend, he'll be an absolute bargain.

Don't think Soldado will be cheaper to be honest.

We are involved in 4 competitions next season, we need more depth than ever, and more importantly quality.

Young players will have a lot of playing time with EL around.

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:46 pm

I've seen your posts on the matter, Sep. You've written off Carroll as sold in the summer... that's turning on the lad in my book. Don't try to spin it now as though you simply wanted another striker as competition.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:51 pm

What about Rodrigo Moreno? or Derdiyok?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:09 pm

I don't think Huntelaar wants to swap Schalke for Liverpool, at the moment it would be a step down, in my opinion.

How's Marco Reus, btw? Monchengladbach's 22-yo striker, 15 goals in Bundesliga this season.

Stuttgart's Harnik is 24, 14 goals this season.

Leverkusen's striker/winger Schurrle, 21, has looked brilliant in all of the few Leverkusen games I've seen this season. I'd really like we making an offer for him. Stupid if we continue this "only british players" theme...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Well Rues has already signed with Borussia Dortmund and will move there this summer. Schurrle could be a great signing but I doubt Leverkusen will let their star asset leave so soon after joining them.

Huntelaar in my opinion would do wonders for us but he'll only be a temporary solution as he's turning 29 by the beginning of next season. But there's the chance of him failing badly with us because if you watch him play, he's one of the laziest players in the Bundesliga, and to be honest I'm already tired of sluggish Carroll not giving his all up top.

My personal preference is Teemu Pukki and Stevan Jovetic. I rather see us get Jovetic and play him as an SS to Suarez up top and let Suarez have a world class partner feeding him. We know Suarez can score (just look at his 50 goal season with Ajax). And scoring isn't our only problem, when Suarez loses form, the team looks out of debt and finds it hard to break down oppositions defenses. It'll be good to have another world class attacker who can change the game by himself.

And Teemu Pukki will be a future star, I've said that countless of times and I'll say it again. We need Hyypia to convince this kid to come to Anfield. We have a long history of having great Scandinavian players, and Pukki has all the ingredients to be our new Kop hero.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:47 pm

I have mixed feelings about Huntelaar. He's a very good player, he's been immense for Schalke this season, he's an established international striker and he has several good years left at his peak. He could certainly do a good job in our side, and I would love to see the partnership with Suarez.

My concerns start with price. He's in his prime and coming off of an immense season at Schalke. If a transfer isn't secured prior to the Euros, he could possibly improve his stock even further with a strong showing in that tournament. The point of price bleeds into my second concern: age. I'm not concerned that he's too old; he'll be 29 at the beginning of next season, and could give us potentially three or four more years at his peak. My concern is that he may not have the potential return for price tag that our management is looking for. It would seem that we are looking for players who can produce for the club relative to their price tag. The big question is if his production over the next few seasons can justify his price tag.

While he has produced this season at Schalke and in his time in the Eredivisie, his stints at Real Madrid and Milan (and even his first season at Schalke) were pretty underwhelming. In the three season prior to the current season, he averaged 23 games and 7 and 2/3 goals a season in the league. That's not exactly the type of productivity that we've been yearning for. Unfortunately, I can see him returning to this form with us. (Perhaps that's just my pessimistic side coming out after seeing our offense this season.)

Finally, I am honestly unsure if we're going to be pursuing a star CF this summer. After seeing Kenny seemingly preferring a 4-3-3 formation over a two-striker formation, I'm beginning to think Suarez will continue to play as our CF with Carroll as an option for a more direct approach. This would mean pursuing wide forwards in the summer over a star CF to partner Suarez, effectively ruling out any move for a striker like Huntelaar.

This approach makes sense given our tactical approach this season. I think we’ll see moves for goal-scoring wide forwards. Ideally, this would see us move for someone like Iker Munian. That most likely won’t happen, but we have been linked with similar players. Dries Mertens, Matias Suarez and Abel Hernandez have all been linked in the news recently. They all fit the profile of a young player (24, 23 and 21), who can play in a wide position and score goals. It’s likely we will pursue at least one of those players, as well as Junior Hoilett to add youth and goal-scoring to our wing play. In other words, I think it’s far more likely that we strongly pursue a direct replacement for Kuyt (and alternative to Downing) rather than a direct replacement for Carroll.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:16 pm

Borini from Roma would be a fantastic signing should we decide to play 4-3-3 ....one of the few players I know who can actually play that Pedro role.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Borini from Roma would be a fantastic signing should we decide to play 4-3-3 ....one of the few players I know who can actually play that Pedro role.
Interesting thought. Have you watched him since his move to Juventus? He's been predominantly playing in the center, but has been rather ineffective. I can't attest to his ability in the "Pedro" role, but he's not cutting it as their target man. TBH, he's looked a poor man's Matri as he's being used there. I'd be a little reluctant to make a move for him based on his recent form, but he will be available as I believe he is only on loan at Juventus.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 am

Who are you talking about lol? Matri? loooool.

Fabio Borini : From Roma.

He's impressed me as someone who can be a huge improvement on Kuyt in the 4-3-3 without losing Kuyt's workrate and defense.He adds dimension to the role, he's a very good finisher (something I personally think you need in a 4-3-3 with Suarez central) and he fits the transfer policy.

Edit : Upon doing more research, he's on loan at Roma and they have the option to buy. :vagi:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 am

Anyway, once again Huntelaar left me with alot to be desired tonight.Very static in possession, always on a different wavelength from him teammates, didn't even finish his chances really.

I can also see why he scores so many, Shalke play fantastic football.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 am

Already time for a summer transfer thread? hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:52 pm

Totally embarrassed...

I was talking about Marco Borriello. I had confused the two, and I posted before I realized what I had done. My apologies.

Borini has been class. You are right about that. Too bad he is on loan with an option to buy. I can't see Roma not taking the option.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:54 pm

Nishank wrote:Already time for a summer transfer thread? hmm

Save it till the end of the season..
Art Morte
Art Morte