EL Patron
aleumdance
Swanhends
RealGunner
donttreadonred
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will Wenger Survive the Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Wenger Survive the Season?

Post by OLpower Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am

Unfortunately, Arsenal worst season since a lot of time is completely logic and expected. It was obvious before the start of the season that Arsenal squad was subpar compared to the previous year and Wenger has done nothing to adress it.

He is a great coach, really, but the board should force good player on him.

OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Will Wenger Survive the Season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Wenger Survive the Season?

Post by jibers Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:30 am

who would replace him? Answer that first ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 am

Rafa apperently Rolling Eyes
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Yeah... it's not going to be Rafa.

No way.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Lowe???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Surag wrote:Yeah despite Arsenal being Trophyless for so long and despite him screwing up in his tactics like yesterday ,He has a SAF like status at the club imo.I think it would be disrespectful if they sack him and i'm sure they wont do that.

I think its all upto him imo.Either he himself calls it quits at Arsenal or continues on with some sort of Guarantees and assurances from the board especially concerning the transfer market.Maybe this is a bit of a knee-jerk post.

Anyways i think Arsenal will qualify for CL this season and Wenger would stay on.
Did you read the original topic prompt?

This isn't a "Milan just thumped them. Wenger should be sacked!!1!" post. This was meant to see if people thought Wenger would survive the difficulties he's experienced this season, including:
-potentially no Champions League (not top 4)
-potential further trophy drought
-poor performances against "rival" sides
-continued loss of key players
-failure to buy/failure to buy quality replacements

Furthermore, if Wenger is sacked, who might replace him?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:54 pm

Wenger is never going to be fired or forced out, and he's more or less earned that right. At the same token we aren't going to win jack sh1t in terms of titles with him in charge. Mediocrity has set in and you cant get rid of it unless the culture changes.

jibers wrote:who would replace him? Answer that first ffs.

that's not really a good question for people who want Wenger fired. Those people want trophies, which Wenger cant deliver. If some other semi-reputable manager comes in and doesn't deliver, it's fundamentally the same result. no trophies. philosophy and tradition is great, but it will only get you so far especially in today's football landscape.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 pm

I don't see any other manager in the world that can take over Arsenal and win the Premier league with the same players and resources.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

As long as he's in CL football he stays.

The only thing that needs to change is his stubborness. He seriously needs to strengthen the team more. As in making big moves in the transfer market, and letting go the shit load of leeches we have currently in our ranks to free up the wage bill. I have no problem with him introducing young stars every now and then, but we really need instant quality right now.

If we win the FA Cup and get to 4th, I'd be happy as shit. If he focuses on the league there's the slight chance we'd go ahead of Spurs.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Knee-Jerk as in regarding Arsenal's top 4 chances and not Wenger's future..Sorry for sounding vague in my post.

Honestly i think bar United ,City and Spurs.Any of Pool ,Chelsea and Arsenal have a chance of qualifying for the Top 4.

Out of these Chelsea look very unconvincing and basically a toothless attack and havent able to hit the back of the net often and their defense looks shaky something where Liverpool and Arsenal have been good at in the PL this season comparitively.

Liverpool have been dissapointing at home and that is where they'll pay the price for not capitalizing in home games.

And Arsenal out of these three look the more convincing and more likely to earn that 4th place in my opinion.They're getting Wilshere back as well so that boosts their chances.

Now this is a knee-jerk post.Any of these three teams can turnaround their fortunes in one or two games and gain the momentum.Atm Arsenal look like the team for me.

To answer your original question ..Yes he will.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Problem is that wenger offers high wages for youngsters and offers high level first team experiece too.

Only half of the so called youngsters will make it ,half of them are dead wood and end up as a liability.

No teams want those dead wood players on high wage and all teams want the cream of the crop.

And then we have some douche players like fabregas and Nasri who used Arsenal as a stepping stone.Clearly Arsenals philosophy is no longer good enough to win titles.

Crap players dont want to leave and WC players want to leave for better teams.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2