Iceman
Raptorgunner
Quinten Metsys
57 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 37 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Amar Mon May 07, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm drooling at the prospect of M'Vila atm. Surely means Frimpong is expendable now...

I'm more concerned with Coquelin's situation. I really hope he doesn't get discouraged and tries to move.

Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Mon May 07, 2012 5:49 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I think when people say they want an AM, they a player that can do what Cesc did - a player that can provide that bit of quality in the final third and create chances. I don't think people have faith that Rosicky, Wilshere and Arteta could do that sort of thing (though personally I believe Wilshere can).

If we do sign M'Vila, it'd be interesting to see which combination of players we use. I would go with this:

Song - M'Vila

Wilshere

Wilshere can drop back and let Song roam if need be, or Song can dictate from deep and Wilshere will look to create and support.

Only problem here is that it's a bit unfair to Arteta and Rosicky, who have been really good this season.

Spot on Jay. I've always said that Wilshere is the guy to replace Cesc but unfortunately he got injured. Signing M'vila will lessen Coqs, Frimpongs and Ramseys opportunities next season. I have a feeling that Wenger will convert Coq to RB and will play him there when needed. Frimpong might go on loan to a PL team and Ramsey will rotate with Wilshere.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 07, 2012 5:53 pm

I reckon Ramsey could be sent out on loan somewhere. Wenger does like giving players second chances but if he's signing another midfielder then Ramsey's opportunities to "redeem" himself are going to very limited. The logical solution would be to loan him somewhere he can play and wouldn't be under as much pressure as he has been this season.

Even if we don't sign another midfielder, I can still see that happening.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon May 07, 2012 6:17 pm

The midfield of M'vila - Song - Wilshere are still very young, we are looking at stable midfield for the next 4 or 5 years if things go according to plan. For me, we are way too packed in the middle. The old guard likes Arteta or Rosicky could be utilized as back up but the young ones will find it hard to break in 1st team and they are too ambitious to be back up.

Ramsey should go on loan but then there are Denilson ( yes he's still a gunner on paper) Lansbury & Frimpong are all young but also hungry for 1st team action, especially the former. if I'm one of these players, 1st order of business would be finding somewhere else to land.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 07, 2012 6:22 pm

song needs to fight for his place with m'villa, there is no way he is going to replace arteta ffs. song is not consistent enough imo, if you know me, you know that i am always sceptical about song as a starter for arsenal. wilshere and arteta (depending on if wilshere comes back well) have to start because they are CONSISTENT.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon May 07, 2012 6:36 pm

REWB wrote:song needs to fight for his place with m'villa, there is no way he is going to replace arteta ffs. song is not consistent enough imo, if you know me, you know that i am always sceptical about song as a starter for arsenal. wilshere and arteta (depending on if wilshere comes back well) have to start because they are CONSISTENT.

i disagree. Song has to start because of his creativity. I dont know what wilshere everyone else was watching last season, but he didn't have anything close to that. arteta could provide some, but he lies too deep in the midfield.

i think arteta will see the bench now that m'vila is here, but it's no biggie. he'll get plenty of starts because we'll be in multiple competitions and there will be lots of injuries as usual.

only way song is getting benched is if we buy an actual CAM which I doubt Wenger will do
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 37 Nicklas-Bendtner-001

????????????????????????????
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I dont know what wilshere everyone else was watching last season, but he didn't have anything close to that.

I have to ask you the same thing, because Wilshere last season provided plenty of creativity. He was limited slightly by having to play behind Cesc. If we free him up, you'll see just what he can do.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Rennes vs Montpellier: Costil, Kana Biyik, Teophile Catherine, Boye, Mavinga, Tettey, Feret, M'Vila, Boukari, Kembo-Ekoko & Pitroipa.
8PM KO
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 07, 2012 7:57 pm

The players that should go.

1-Emmanuel Frimpong
2-Chu-Young Park
3-Marouane Chamakh
4-Abou Diaby
5-Sébastien Squillaci
6-Denilson'
7-Vela
8-Arshivan

---------------------------
Bendtner?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
I dont know what wilshere everyone else was watching last season, but he didn't have anything close to that.

I have to ask you the same thing, because Wilshere last season provided plenty of creativity. He was limited slightly by having to play behind Cesc. If we free him up, you'll see just what he can do.

So did Ramsey and that did not work out very well. I think that both of them were able to play without any pressure and that made them look good at the time. I will worry if we do not go into next season with a proper CAM. With Wilshere and Ramsey I had always thought that they both played more of a defensive minded B2B. Not a CAM or even AM. I do know that they have played that position in the past but I would really like that to be a plan B allowing for competition and them proving that they are ready to be a CAM. Problem is that the mid field is packed right now and we can not keep everyone happy or at all.
So what does everyone think the position is that we need the most?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 pm

ohhh no, nobody is saying we dont need a CAM. that is top priority, we are just talking about song. wilshere is creative but we will need more that him, the fact that people believe song is too creative to drop, just further proves that we need a proper creative CAM.

Last edited by REWB on Mon May 07, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 07, 2012 8:47 pm

6unner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

So did Ramsey and that did not work out very well. I think that both of them were able to play without any pressure and that made them look good at the time. I will worry if we do not go into next season with a proper CAM. With Wilshere and Ramsey I had always thought that they both played more of a defensive minded B2B. Not a CAM or even AM. I do know that they have played that position in the past but I would really like that to be a plan B allowing for competition and them proving that they are ready to be a CAM. Problem is that the mid field is packed right now and we can not keep everyone happy or at all.

What do you mean Wilshere played without any pressure? Wilshere played 49 times last season and in just about every high pressure game you could think of and always played well. He was already one of our most important players after a few games and had the expectation of club and country on his shoulders yet still had a very good season.

Wilshere and Ramsey have never been defensive-minded. Hard workers and dogged players, certainly, but never defensive. They're offensive players who will excel in advanced roles. You can point to Ramsey's poor form as evidence that he doesn't play well there but that's an issue not related to his position on the field.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Simon ‏ @simonafc
HT Rennes 0 MHSC 1. M'Vila with the most touches - 47 and highest PA - 91% on the field. Great range and variety in his passing. Composed.
and his defensive Awareness
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 07, 2012 9:26 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:The players that should go.

1-Emmanuel Frimpong
2-Chu-Young Park
3-Marouane Chamakh
4-Abou Diaby
5-Sébastien Squillaci
6-Denilson'
7-Vela
8-Arshivan

---------------------------
Bendtner?

So Ramsey at age 21 and after suffering a leg break and awful form deserves a second chance via a loan but Frimpong, one of the biggest fan favorites at the club for doing so little, being so tenacious and passionate about the team at the age of 19 doesn't at least deserve similar faith at least in a loan deal?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon May 07, 2012 9:26 pm

REWB wrote:ohhh no, nobody is saying we dont need a CAM. that is top priority, we are just talking about song. wilshere is creative but we will need more that him, the fact that people believe song is too creative to drop, just further proves that we need a proper creative CAM.

i hear you. i was just going with song as the creator, because im not convinced Wenger will buy a CAM.

if we do get someone the caliber of a Belhanda, or Hernanes I fully expect us to collect at the VERY least one trophy.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
REWB wrote:ohhh no, nobody is saying we dont need a CAM. that is top priority, we are just talking about song. wilshere is creative but we will need more that him, the fact that people believe song is too creative to drop, just further proves that we need a proper creative CAM.

i hear you. i was just going with song as the creator, because im not convinced Wenger will buy a CAM.

if we do get someone the caliber of a Belhanda, or Hernanes I fully expect us to collect at the VERY least one trophy.

If we shed the deadwood and keep the squad + the signings of Podolski and potentially M'vila I'd be furious if we didn't win anything or at least show real promise of winning something i.e Cup finals, finishing in the top 3 of the prem, close to the title winners (if we dont win the title Wink )
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
6unner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:

What do you mean Wilshere played without any pressure? Wilshere played 49 times last season and in just about every high pressure game you could think of and always played well. He was already one of our most important players after a few games and had the expectation of club and country on his shoulders yet still had a very good season.

Wilshere and Ramsey have never been defensive-minded. Hard workers and dogged players, certainly, but never defensive. They're offensive players who will excel in advanced roles. You can point to Ramsey's poor form as evidence that he doesn't play well there but that's an issue not related to his position on the field.

Wilshere played without any pressure the same way that Ramsey did before his injury. We had a proper CAM then and they were not under the pressure to be creative and did not play in the CAM position. At the time they both played 2bb and we were all talking about their crushing tackles. Not the miraculous pass they made. This season Ramsey was given the shot to be creative and has not done that well being replaced by Rosa. I am worried that the same thing will happen to Wilshere next year.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 07, 2012 9:33 pm

Massive rumors in France that Arsenal have signed M'Vila for 20 mil. I mean it's everywhere today. I think it's happened.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 07, 2012 9:35 pm

You guys beat me to it... i was busy today lol.

It's done i think. Congrats.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 07, 2012 10:14 pm

Wilshere played without any pressure the same way that Ramsey did before his injury. We had a proper CAM then and they were not under the pressure to be creative and did not play in the CAM position. At the time they both played 2bb and we were all talking about their crushing tackles. Not the miraculous pass they made. This season Ramsey was given the shot to be creative and has not done that well being replaced by Rosa. I am worried that the same thing will happen to Wilshere next year.

But he still played with pressure and was one of our best players as an 18/19 year old. There's no reason he can't play a creative role. He's got the skill set, he's got the intelligence and he has the temprament to step-up in such an important role.

Environment is important, too. With any luck, Wilshere will be returning to a team with new, quality additions and a genuine feeling of optimism from the supporters. Ramsey came back to a team who had lost three of its best players, had to step-up when he wasn't ready and a feeling of pessimism and anger from the fans. It's little wonder that Ramsey has had difficulties.

Given the contrast in circumstances, it's difficult to conclude that because something happened to Ramsey when he was moved to CAM that the same will happen to Wilshere, too.

You guys beat me to it... i was busy today lol.

It's done i think. Congrats.

There have been murmmers for a while now that we were negotiating with Rennes, that M'Vila was Wenger's number one target, etc. Then a journalist closed to Arsenal said that the club would be signing a striker (Podolski) and a central midfielder before June. So we already had an idea of this.

Having said that, I'm waiting for a concrete source to reveal some information, which we probably won't get - provided it exists - until the end of the Ligue 1 season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Yann M'villa vs Montpellier
106 Touches (Most on the pitch)
93 passes (85% Accurate)
8/15 Long Balls
3 chances created
1/3 through balls
4 Tackles
4 Interceptions
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 37 AsTjwj-CAAAKExT

:lol!:
need update with shirt Razz
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon May 07, 2012 11:30 pm

Arsenal confident of sealing deal for £17m Yann M'Vila. Hoillett to replace Arshavin. - http://t.co/CNjfJ30d
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 07, 2012 11:48 pm

Damn.. I missed the feast here! What a Face

Whats the latest on this? Any websites reporting it now?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue May 08, 2012 12:09 am

Wow, would wank it hard if it were true. Wenger buying class guys while killing off a few youngsters? So people can change after all.

Plus a tactical shift to a more gritier approach. Nice.

I feel an AM is still needed, although I'm not sure now that Arteta will probably be playing there.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next