Iceman
Raptorgunner
Quinten Metsys
57 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Latest Arsenal Rumours - Page 24 Empty Re: Latest Arsenal Rumours

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Real Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay has reaffirmed hopes of securing on-loan Arsenal striker Carlos Vela to a permanent deal.

The Mexico international has impressed in San Sebastian this season.

"It is true, we want the player and we are prepared to fight to close the deal," said Aperribay. "At the moment things have stopped because Arsenal only want to speak at the end of the season.

"It will not be easy, but Vela wants to stay here and that could be crucial in the negotiations."

Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:15 pm

Hoffenheim coach Markus Babbel doesn't want Gylfi Sigurdsson sold.

The winger's form on-loan at Swansea City has led to Arsenal expressing interest.

But Babbel told Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung: "Gylfi is under contract at this club for next season. He will come back and train with us.

"It is difficult for me to jump on a plane and visit him in Swansea due to time restrictions.

"He is playing in a different team and a different competition and you cannot compare the Premier League with the Bundesliga.

"He has already shown during his time here that he is a good passer of the ball and that he can score goals. I am keen to get to know him, and that is why I want him back.

"The fact is that he is under contract here and he will start the new season at this club."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Chelsea and Arsenal are circling Fluminense for 18 year-old winger Wallace.

The youngster has been likened to Inter Milan fullback Douglas Maicon and intermediaries believe he is already good enough to play for a Champions League club in Europe.

Chelsea have been in contact with Wallace for over 18 months, but now face competition from Arsenal.

The Blues have first option on Wallace thanks to Deco's move to Flu in 2010.

hmm
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:17 pm

Arsenal are keeping tabs on CD Nacional defender Luis Neto.

O Jogo says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is having Neto watched closely leading up to the summer market.

The 23 year-old Portuguese defender is a former U21 international.

Arsenal's interest has kicked Nacional into action by bringing forward plans of a new four-year contract offer.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Arsenal face competition from Chelsea for Chivas Guadalajara striker Carlos Fierro.

The 17 year-old was linked with the Gunners earlier this week, with claims suggesting a deal worth €2.5 million was on the table which would see Fierro spend another year on-loan at Chivas.

However, Chelsea have been making enquiries after Fierro since January and enjoy a close relationship with Chivas thanks to last summer's deal for Ulises Davila, currently on-loan at Vitesse Arnhem.

Should Arsenal make good on their offer for the teen, Chelsea will be given the option of matching their bid.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City will test Crewe Alexandra’s resolve to hang on to wonderkid Nick Powell this summer, Goal.com can reveal.

The three Premier League giants are ready to make bids for the prolific 18-year-old forward, who is rated in the £1.5 million bracket by the League Two club.

But Crewe have rebuffed a string of enquiries from leading top tier clubs for their prize asset in recent months and are adamant they will hang on to him until at least next year.

“All the big clubs are looking at Nick Powell,” a source close to the situation told Goal.com.

“There have been approaches from Arsenal and Chelsea, as well as Manchester City. But they have been told he is not available.

“Crewe rate him in the seven figure category, even up to £1.5m but they don’t want to sell and Dario Gradi is adamant he won’t leave. Historically, he is very good at persuading young players to serve their apprenticeships before moving to the big clubs.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Esperance midfielder Youssef Msakni hopes Arsenal are serious about signing him.

The Tunisia international is also interesting PSG.

"The President told me that Paris Saint-Germain are interested. He has not told me whether they've made an offer or what the club wants for me, so I keep quiet.

"I've also heard that Lille are following me. Arsenal would be fantastic, but I just read about this in the newspapers."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Crystal Palace whizkid Jonathan Williams is back on the radar of Premier League clubs.

The Welsh wonder has returned from serious injury and is again shining in the Championship.

The Sun says Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool are all chasing the teenage midfielder.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:23 pm

A move to Juventus is no guarantee should Paul Pogba walk out on Manchester United this summer.

The Daily Mail says Pogba is said to be reconsidering his position and will keep his options open for now.

Juve are still favourites to sign him if he leaves Old Trafford, but Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and AC Milan have also expressed interest.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is chasing FC Basle defender Aleksandar Dragovic.

The 21 year-old Austria international has attracted interest from Inter Milan and Barcelona, however sources have told Calciomercato.com that Arsenal are favourites for the youngster.

Wenger has been shopping in the Swiss transfer market long-term and is well aware of Dragovic's qualities.

Basle rate the centre-half at £5 million, though hope that price will rise by encouraging an auction for his transfer.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:26 pm

Arsenal are eyeing Olympique Marseille midfielder Stephane M'Bia.

The Cameroon international is under consideration by Gunners boss Arsene Wenger as an alternative to top midfield target Yann M'Vila, of Rennes.

M'Bia has spoken of an ambition of playing in England and has claimed interest from Manchester United in the past.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:27 pm

Olympique Marseille have set their asking price for winger Andre Ayew.

The Ghana international, who has been linked with Arsenal and Tottenham, is rated at €18 million by l'OM, says CalcioMercato.it.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has spoken highly of Ayew, who said recently: "Wenger is a great coach who has won titles with a very good club. He has done great things and has helped nurture good players.

"Taking that into consideration, those words please me and make me want to work even harder. They show that hard work pays off."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsenal are ramping up their bid for Sunderland winger Stephane Sessegnon.

The Benin ace has flourished at the Stadium of Light under Martin O'Neill, scoring five goals since the turn of the year.

And Arsene Wenger is said to be among his admirers with Tottenham, Liverpool and Sessegnon's former club Paris-Saint Germain also interested, say the Daily Mail.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Anderlecht midfielder Lucas Biglia is weighing up his options ahead of the summer market.

Premier League clubs are queuing up to speak with the Argentine, now in his sixth season at Anderlecht.

Arsenal see Biglia as an alternative to No1 midfielder target Yann M'Vila, of Rennes, while Tottenham see him as a potential replacement for Luka Modric.

Everton boss David Moyes is also keen, having been a long-term admirer of the Anderlecht skipper.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is laying the groundwork for a deal over Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud.

The Daily Mail says Wenger has instructed chief French scout Gilles Grimandi to compile a dossier on Giroud.

The Gunners manager - together with chief scout Steve Rowley - has identified the France international as a potential summer signing.

And Wenger has asked former Arsenal defender Grimandi to keep a close eye on Giroud’s form between now and the end of the season.

Grimandi will report back to Wenger with his assessment on the 25-year-old centre forward towards the end of the current campaign.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:30 pm

Arsenal target Olivier Giroud insists he fully focused on life at current club Montpellier amid reports linking him with a move to the Premier League.

The France international, who has scored 18 league goals this season, has been heavily touted for a switch to Arsenal as Arsene Wenger looks to bolster his attacking options.

However, Giroud has cooled talk of a transfer and says he is only thinking about taking Montpellier forward.

Speaking to Ligue1.com, he said: "I can't let it [transfer talk] trouble me. I want to carry on being good with Montpellier and keep producing what I've done since the start of the season, and take the club where it should be, into the Champions League or even higher."
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Fulham attacker Clint Dempsey is a shock target for Arsenal.

The Daily Express says Arsenal could make a £10million summer move for Fulham striker Dempsey.

The American, who has scored 19 goals, was a target for Gunners manager Arsene Wenger last summer and he may be tempted again.

Between Gylfi Sigurðsson and Clint Dempsey,who do you think will be ideal for Arsenal?

The young and exciting Sigurðsson or the old and EPL-experienced Dempsey?
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Great Round Up ernie :bow:
Sigurdsson-Podolski-Giroud IN
Yossi-Park-Chamakh-Vela-Bendtner OUT
Very Happy
I HATE HOW that sounds like football manager Mad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Tough choice. I like Sigurdsson but I'm also a big fan of Dempsey.

In terms of who we would need the most, I'd say Sigurdsson. Dempsey is a WF/SS, which we have plenty of already. Though he is better than Gervinho and Walcott currently. hmm

By the way, one article called Nick Powell a forward. He's not. He's an attacking midfielder and although he plays against lower league opposition, he can do some spectacular things.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:53 pm

Sigurdsson for me too
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:11 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Tough choice. I like Sigurdsson but I'm also a big fan of Dempsey.

In terms of who we would need the most, I'd say Sigurdsson. Dempsey is a WF/SS, which we have plenty of already. Though he is better than Gervinho and Walcott currently. hmm

By the way, one article called Nick Powell a forward. He's not. He's an attacking midfielder and although he plays against lower league opposition, he can do some spectacular things.

That was an EXCLUSIVE Goal.com article Very Happy Checked Gylfi's stats,he seems to have a very good Goals/Games ratio for his age IMO...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Yeah, Powell scores quite a bit for Crewe so I guess it's an easy mistake to make. Kid is very talented, though. Some of the goals he's scored would not look out of place in the Premier League.

Sigurdsson made his name at Reading. 16 odd goals from midfield is a fantastic return, and he scored some great goals too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Is Powell better than Jordan Rhodes?I guess they play the same role...
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:35 pm

They play in different leagues. Powell plays for Crewe in League 2, who are competing for a play-off spot, and is a midfielder playing up front. Rhodes is an out-and-out centre forward playing for Huddersfield, who could be promoted to the Championship.

Rhodes is a few years older and has a considerably better goalscoring record (as expected). He's the highest goalscorer in the whole country. I don't think he's good enough for our sort of level. Powell is a bit of a unknown but is only 18 so has time on his side, so might develop up to a higher standard.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:43 pm

ernie_schwarz wrote:
Fulham attacker Clint Dempsey is a shock target for Arsenal.

The Daily Express says Arsenal could make a £10million summer move for Fulham striker Dempsey.

The American, who has scored 19 goals, was a target for Gunners manager Arsene Wenger last summer and he may be tempted again.

Between Gylfi Sigurðsson and Clint Dempsey,who do you think will be ideal for Arsenal?

The young and exciting Sigurðsson or the old and EPL-experienced Dempsey?
Im a little biased, but Clint is more experienced, and I think he would be a better move, the front line of Podolski-RVP-Dempsey would be ridiculous.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:59 pm

I love Dempsey's work rate and his experience is an attractive element of his repertoire so I rate him above Sigursson as I don't know much about him other than the fact that he's another unproven exciting young talent. The only drawback about Dempsey is his age, 29. He's still very much in the prime of his career but how long would we expect it to last with him? 2-3 years?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next