Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?

3 posters

Go down

Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?  Empty Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?

Post by Gil Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:37 am

At both their peaks.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?  Empty Re: Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?

Post by iNFINITY9910 Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:12 am

for short distances Torres, others CR9
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?  Empty Re: Who was the better dribbler, Torres or Cristiano?

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 am

Gil, Torres isn't past his peak. It is a confidence issue atm. Correct me if you meant something else.

In my not so humble opinion, Nando takes this comfortably to be honest.

CR7 for all the years I've been watching him always possessed more pace/acceleration, tricks ability and essentially gave you the illusion he was going to destroy his marker but I rarely if not ever saw that. And yes, I'm also talking about his United career where he beat his man more frequently, but usually it had him doing another one of his useless tricks.

Torres on the other hand COUNTLESS times baffled the fullbacks, centrebacks on a regular basis for Liverpool. Everyone said it was nando's pace but to be honest pace never was what he primarily needed as this was more a combination of strength, movments (feints, fakes, positioning), intelligence, guile and of course simplicity. He never overdid what he needed to and usually left his markers confused right after he slotted his goals in. On the point about pace, he used it more effectively in the sense that he used deceptive and conservative bursts of pace unlike kick and run.

It was magical watching him and how many times he destroyed the opposition by opening channels with his movement and effectively using that space also to his advantage with his control.

Plus, do I have to mention he destroyed defenders in the more high pressured, closely marked box instead of the wing or the edges of the box?

Torres for me.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down