Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis

5 posters

Go down

Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis Empty Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 pm

....will be updated tomorrow......Sad
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis Empty Re: Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:20 am

No need for the sad face, imo. No club has got anything in the BPL from Etihad Stadium yet and Im actually feeling happy that we played very very well, despite the scoreline. Didn't create enough chances and our attacking all in all was a bit meh, but I'd say we actually won the midfield battle - and that more often than not wins you games.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis Empty Re: Manchester Arabia v Liverpool Post-Match Breakdown and Analysis

Post by MGNRomulus Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:01 am

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7409897/Mancini-apologises-for-gesture

"Roberto Mancini apologised for brandishing an imaginary card at the referee after Martin Skrtel had brought down Yaya Toure in the box late on in Manchester City's 3-0 victory over Liverpool. "

where was the contact?

It just wasnt liverpools day, lacked the finishing touch, which once again led to our demise
MGNRomulus
MGNRomulus
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am

Being completely honest, I didn't think we deserved to win after the performance, but 3-0 wasn't the right result imo. We did quite well and the scoreline doesn't justify that.

Reina on any other day would of saved the Aguero shot, Toure well... that's debatable. Just out curiosity, how many times have we conceded from goals from set pieces? Seems like a lot. But the penalty was very harsh, there was no contact (replays clearly showed that) and whilst I've only seen the game once - don't play to watch it again, I'm pretty sure the referee was way behind the line of play and didn't really have a choice imo. We are very lucky that Skrtel wasn't sent off.

Our fullbacks were horrible. Enrique's first performance where he did really bad imo, and Johnson was losing the ball left, right and centre. Skrtel and Agger were exposed a lot, Spearing did his best, and did quite well (he is still young, and was never going to put a Leiva-esque (that a word? Razz) performance. He was unfortunate to come off when we were hunting for a goal, and showed how much we missed him when City were on the counters.

I don't think Barry deserved to get sent off, was unlucky for the yellow on Agger, but I'm pretty sure he recieved a second booking for consistent fouling.

Downing... well bar the missed one on one early (was quite poor being quite honest... was straight to the keeper) did reasonably okay. Faded in the second half... Adam was well... the same Adam from the past couple of games. Out of form, low on confidence and was hardly a threat going forward which he showed he can do in the half season and was only the reason he was signed. Henderson, imo was our best midfielder. Kept possession, played some good balls (put Downing in on that one on one early which was pretty good) and today was arguably our MOTM.

Kuyt didn't have the greatest of games. Gave possession away cheaply which resulted in City's first. Best "part" of todya was to put himself in a good position to strike an Andy Carroll knock down but was saved off Kompany. It was going straight in. Hart had no chance. Could of changed the game, but what do you do?

Andy was okay. Lacked decent balls into the box, and didn't really have a chance. Kompany and Toure had a picnic today with crosses just getting sent in.

Bellamy and Gerrard was meh, they couldn't really do much as City had the game put to bed and just had 9 men behind the ball. Maxi the same, though I liked that flick inside the box but mistimed or well... misjudged his left boot shot inside the box.

I'm feeling good about the Carling Cup. If we can keep it to a 1-0 or 2-1 at the Eastlands, I can see us going through. Just need to stop doing stupid mistakes, and the players have to be there. There were 2/3 players experienced players that were out form today.

iftikhar wrote:Don't understand why Gerrard & Bellamy didn't start. Suarez aside, these two are our most potent attack.

Could it be that Kenny is preserving them for more winnable games (Oldham, Stoke, Bolton)!!!

Gerrard just came back from a lengthy injury. There is no point bringing him in straight away.

Bellamy has stated he cannot play two games in a week, let alone 2 games in 4 days.

We play to win in every game... poor finishing has really been :facepalm: Sad Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Pretty sad with the dive and Carroll.

The downing miss *bleep* me up.

Other than that im happy.

Lets get another striker and a DM please.

And we can't be a big game team without Lucas.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down