Raptorgunner
djoe26
Sri
SamuelJayC
12 posters

Go down

Arsenal v Fulham Preview Empty Arsenal v Fulham Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 am

Arsenal v Fulham, Saturday 26th November, 5.30pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League

Arsenal v Fulham Preview UEFA-Champions-League-Match-Report-Arsenal-2-vs-1-Borussia-Dortmund-Part-2-113930
Arsenal celebrate Van Persie's second goal against Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday evening

League Table

1. Man City 34pts
2. Man Utd 29pts
3. Tottenham 25pts
4. Newcastle 25pts
5. Chelsea 22pts
6. Liverpool 22pts
7. Arsenal 22pts

Arsenal looking to continue fine form

Arsenal are flying at the minute. The gunners have won 11 of their last 13 games in all competitions. Wenger's men have won their last 5 Premier League games, and 7 of their last 9 in the English top-flight. Wednesday night also saw the club qualify for the knock-out stages of the Champions League for a 12th consecutive season. It's simply been a fantastic couple of months for Arsenal. But it must continue. The race for the title might already be over according to some with Manchester City displaying winning practically every single league game, but the race for a place in the top 4 could well be one of the closest in premier league history. Arsenal are aiming for 3rd place with Chelsea faltering but Tottenham and Liverpool will be in the mix too.

Wins over Norwich & Dortmund

The past week has seen the gunners climb to within 3 points of 3rd place in the league, and reach the latter stages of the Champions League yet again. Two closely fought games they were, but in the end, no one could deny Arsenal deserved to win both games. Robin van Persie added another 4 goals to his season's tally during the last 7 days, but the performance of the team is the most pleasing aspect. The combination of the midfield and wingers and the organisation of the defence since Thomas Vermaelen has returned has pleased everyone. Dortmund played very well in the 1st half at the Emirates without ever troubling Wojciech Szczesny, and the it's the same story with Norwich at Carrow road last Saturday.

Jol's Fulham struggling

Fulham fans have never had it better than in recent years. First it was Roy Hodgson, who took over in December 2007 and the experienced now-West Brom manager, kept the Cottagers up on the final day of the season, on goal difference. But in his first full season in charge, he led Fulham to 7th place. In Hodgson's final season in charge, 2009-2010, he led the West London side to 12th and the Europa League final, where they lost 2-1 to Atletico Madrid. Hodgson infamously left to take over Liverpool, and Mark Hughes was appointed Fulham coach. Hughes led the club to 8th place in the Premier League last season before leaving in the summer, which is when Martin Jol took over, though the Dutchman has struggled so far. Fulham have won just 2 league games this season - against Wigan and QPR - whilst the club have lost 3 of their last 5 league games.

Match Facts

* Fulham have won just one of the last nine Premier League games against Arsenal.

* Robin van Persie has scored in five of his seven Premier League starts against Fulham.

* Fulham have never won away against Arsenal in any competition in 25 attempts, losing on 22 occasions.

* 92% of the goals Arsenal have scored have been netted from open play, the highest percentage in the top flight.

* Fulham have only scored 12 goals in 20 Premier League games against Arsenal and only more than once on two occasions.

* Fulham have won just three out of 45 Premier League London derbies away from home.

Team News

Arsenal

Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs, Bacary Sagna and Carl Jenkinson all remain injured, but Tomas Rosicky could return.

Fulham

Zdenek Grygera is out, whilst Simon Davies, Steven Sidwell and Stephen Kelly are doubtful.

Arsenal v Fulham Preview AbBD2IgacN

Arsenal subs - Fabianski Mertesacker Diaby Rosicky Benayoun Arshavin Chamakh

Manager's views

Arsene Wenger

"Robin is top, top, top in the world at the moment. Hopefully we can keep him going. He's in a period where he shows it is natural for him to score goals. When you are not desperate for goals you score. We are reliant on Robin, of course, because he scores many goals. That is always a problem you have when someone is playing extremely well. However, I believe that players like Gervinho, [Theo] Walcott, [Andrey] Arshavin and [Aaron] Ramsey will score goals as well. But at the moment they are more in the providing zone."

Martin Jol

"The other night Borussia Dortmund did well against them but Arsenal have the quality now with Van Persie, he is the one scoring the goals and has a hell of a record. They play in a specific style with two wing players, Van Persie up front and three midfielders - two attacking, one sitting. That has changed a bit from a couple of years ago when Van Persie was a lower number 10 or second striker. They are playing with a lot of possession and of course they have a lot of talent in the team, but they still have to rotate at the back. Hopefully we can exploit the space we get."

Prediction

Arsenal are bang in form at the minute and a home game against a side in 16th position, who's only win this season away from home came at Wigan, provides the perfect opportunity to make it 6 consecutive league wins. Van Persie and Walcott are in the forms of their career upfront, whilst Vermaelen's return at the back improves the gunners so much defensively. Song, Arteta and Ramsey have built up a great relationship in the middle of the park too. Arsene Wenger knows his side have to keep winning, and I think Arsenal will win this.

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Fulham Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Fulham Preview

Post by Sri Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:05 am

3 points a must. As is a clean sheet. I'd say 2-0, but that would depend on who all start.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Nice preview Sam!

I hope we can keep a clean sheet tommorrow and hope we can win it big.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Wernger: "From Wednesday night everybody is available. It will be same squad."

Wenger: "Arshavin is not a back-up player. Maybe he will play tomorrow. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't play but it's part of the job."

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Sounds like Arshavin might play then.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Nice preview Sam. Fulham have always been a tough team and I know they wont make it easy for us. A clean sheet would be nice and I think we can get all 3 points.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:49 pm

So happy they will be showing the game on TV here and I don't have to wake up early. To all Canadian Gunners the game will be showed on sports-net at 12:30. cheers

I just found the same channel will be showing the Chelsea game lol, hope the lose. :lol!:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Great preview Sam.

I hope Diaby makes a surprise start, I doubt it though. Arshavin should start over Gervinho, he had two 1 on 1s in consecutive matches and both were hardly even shot properly.

Riise has a crazy shot on him though.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mizG4Lyf Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:11 pm

nice job man. i also think arshavin should get some more minutes

mizG4Lyf
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:04 pm

With the way Gervinho is playing at the moment, I'm sure there'd be no harm in giving Arshavin a go.

Then again, a game against a struggling side is the perfect opportunity for him to play his way into some form.

I don't quite see this game as a stroll in the park, since we have a tendancy to be a bit lathargic after Champions League games. The Dortmund game was a battle and would've taken a fair bit out of the players, so it'll most likely take us a while to get going.

Of course, how we win the game is not that important, so long as we get the three points. Newcastle are away to United so there's a good chance they'll drop points, while Liverpool have City. So a win would see us either distance ourselves from some rivals, or catch-up on the title contenders. Pretty win-win either way.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Agree ^

We wont be sharp tomorrow, unless we rotate quite a bit. Dortmund game was extremely intense with us being pressured for nearly the whole game.

I dont see our back 4 changing, unless Djourou comes in at RB for some reason. Koscielny did get sub due to fatigue.

Song arteta will keep their place. Think ramsey as well.

Front 3 will be interesting. Pretty sure Arshavin will play, Perhaps theo as well

But Van persie ? Either wenger will rest him or will play him, obviously lol. But If he does rest him then he will also be rested agaisnt City in the CC. Maybe wenger will go with him afterall.

Team will definately be an interesting one tomorrow

Fulham are a quality side, Zamora can be pretty hard to handle at times due to his height and weight. Ruiz and dembele are very technical and clever players.

I do see us winning in the end, but maybe something like 2-0 or 2-1

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Agree with both of you. But with Olympiakos and Man City provide chance to roatate.

I think Arshavin will start tomorrow, possibly Rosicky if he is back too, though this is of course less likely as the midfield 3 is working so well right now - defensively and offensively.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:00 pm

Damien Duff out with calf injury. Good news.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15802804.stm
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:06 pm

I think it'll be the same team that played against Dortmund. It's tempting to rotate the team but we need to get the win. Maybe if we get the game wrapped up we can give some players some extra rest. Of course, I doubt the likes of Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Gervinho, Walcott and van Persie will feature in mid-week.

Now I've just got the scary thought of Squillaci playing against City... and I wonder who we'll play at left back?

Anyway, I actually think we'll keep a clean-sheet tomorrow. I just don't see Fulham's attack giving us much trouble. Their best attacker, Ruiz, has yet to hit his stride and the likes of Zamora and Dempsey are out of form. Dembele has never been that prolific.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:12 pm

cant remember when was the last time i watched fulham(APART FROM MOTD) Very Happy
can you say about their style under that fat ugly man who look like a troll
&who will replace duff now?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm sure Bryan Ruiz will replace Duff, assuming Ruiz wasn't starting to begin with.

Fulham tend to play with a pretty straight-forward 4-4-2 with inverted wingers. They'll get the ball quickly to the wide men or get the ball up to Zamora, who'll hold onto it and try to play in the two wide men and his strike partner. They're usually well-organised and defend well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:52 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I think it'll be the same team that played against Dortmund. It's tempting to rotate the team but we need to get the win. Maybe if we get the game wrapped up we can give some players some extra rest. Of course, I doubt the likes of Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Song, Arteta, Ramsey, Gervinho, Walcott and van Persie will feature in mid-week.

Now I've just got the scary thought of Squillaci playing against City... and I wonder who we'll play at left back?

Anyway, I actually think we'll keep a clean-sheet tomorrow. I just don't see Fulham's attack giving us much trouble. Their best attacker, Ruiz, has yet to hit his stride and the likes of Zamora and Dempsey are out of form. Dembele has never been that prolific.

Squillaci played against man city when we won 3-0 up there last season but of course I feel you concerns.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'm sure Bryan Ruiz will replace Duff, assuming Ruiz wasn't starting to begin with.

Fulham tend to play with a pretty straight-forward 4-4-2 with inverted wingers. They'll get the ball quickly to the wide men or get the ball up to Zamora, who'll hold onto it and try to play in the two wide men and his strike partner. They're usually well-organised and defend well.

Yes indeed. And Dempsey is very dangerous. He comes in from the left and gets shots away.

I have predicted 3-1, but this could be very tough if Fulham are on their game.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:47 am

Liverpool - Manchester City
Manchester United - Newcastle
WBA - Tottenham

We should win this game obviously, with two Manchester clubs struggling in CL - Liverpool can win this game, and Newcastle also can make something against Manchester United. I really think WBA can make trouble too.

A 3-0, 4-0 win would make my day cheers
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:49 am

I have this cheeky feeling that we might see Diaby playing today and, if not, then definitely against City.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:06 am

Iceman wrote:I have this cheeky feeling that we might see Diaby playing today and, if not, then definitely against City.

On as a sub today and start against City midweek I guess, IF HE DOESN'T GET INJURED. Again.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Q:What do Arsenal & Batman have in common...?

A:They can;t do without Robin... Razz
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:01 pm

andre santos might not play bcos of flu is that right?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down