Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics?

+17
Zealous
Nishankly
The Madrid One
rwo power
dostoevsky
michael1
aunshi
The Franchise
Jay29
Art Morte
xabi
RealGunner
lenear1030
chemicalboy99
Lord Awesome
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
21 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics? Empty Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:26 pm

Serious Thought.

England's best showings in the last decade of International football has come when they's played with 10 men, battled as a unit, and parked the bus. Unlucky that SG, and FL missed their penalties in 2006.

Safe to say, England won't be able to outplay or outpass likes of Spain or Germany....but with adapting similar tactics to yesterday, they'll be a tough nut to crack. England have always been strong in set pieces and they can use Greece (or Stoke) tactics to lead them to Euro glory.

Play a defensive 4-5-1, with focus on counter attack and set pieces. Follow the don't concede first rule...something they did to perfection yesterday. It's a result-orientated business after all.

Have pace in the team for the counter, and 2 out and out battling CMs, with a pacey explosive one ahead of them to be effective on the counter. keep it compact, and try to nick a goal off a corner or set piece and then defend. Same goes with Ireland, and I think Ireland under Trap will be dark horses of the Euros.

Back to top Go down

Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics? Empty Re: Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Newcastle out stoked stoke :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics? Empty Re: Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics?

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:30 pm

It's obvious England are pretty much geared towards counter attacking football.

Play Wilshere once he's fit to facilitate passing since none of those CMs can pass for shit, play Walcott in a CENTRAL position with Welbeck or Sturridge up front = great success.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Yep. Strong Defense coupled with many hard working Mifielders and Forwards.

They'll also need a Technical player in the Midfield who can find the Wingers who can actually Cross.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Walcott in a CENTRAL position with Welbeck or Sturridge up front = great success.

How many chances does he need to prove to the world he's absolute dogs**t.

He makes me miss SWP. Neutral
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:38 pm

call up Delap

:coffee:
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:39 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Walcott in a CENTRAL position with Welbeck or Sturridge up front = great success.

Who, SWP? Yeah, he's dogshit. Johnson needs to start, too.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:43 pm

So from your words Sepi iam getting this........

Hart
Richards Lescott Terry Cole
Milner Wilshere Jones Parker Young
*Rooney

Am i close?

Bent, Welbeck or Sturridge for Rooney in Group stages*

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Who, SWP? Yeah, he's dogshit. Johnson needs to start, too.

Saying something when Downing is a better option on the right....lord above!! Rolling Eyes
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:So from your words Sepi iam getting this........

Hart
*Rooney

Am i close?

My personal choice will be:

Hart
Richards
Lescott
Terry
Cole
Parker
Spearing
Wilshere
Young
Milner
Sturridge

Make Gerrard an impact sub :bball:
Ricahrds over GJ, due to his areal presence, which can come handy in our overall Stoke strategy
If Carroll regains his last year's form....stick him up front, because in-form Andy is born for this football :coffee:

I don't like Jones in midfield. A lot of running with no purpose, and no tactical discipline. Spearing and Parker would compliment each other perfectly, and give platform to Wilshere to make runs and pick players out. Something Lucas-Spearing gave Meireles in the last 3 months of last year.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:48 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:

wtf are you on about ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Englands butthurt reduction tactics really payed off
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Sepi wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:So from your words Sepi iam getting this........

Hart
*Rooney

Am i close?

My personal choice will be:

Hart
Richards
Lescott
Terry
Cole
Parker
Spearing
Wilshere
Young
Milner
Sturridge

Make Gerrard an impact sub :bball:
Ricahrds over GJ, due to his areal presence, which can come handy in our overall Stoke strategy
If Carroll regains his last year's form....stick him up front, because in-form Andy is born for this football :coffee:

I don't like Jones in midfield. A lot of running with no purpose, and no tactical discipline. Spearing and Parker would compliment each other perfectly, and give platform to Wilshere to make runs and pick players out. Something Lucas-Spearing gave Meireles in the last 3 months of last year.

Neither do i tbh but is more realistic than Spearing getting a call up lol Very Happy

Sorry i rate him but if Dalglish dont even pick him, hes not going to be called up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Against the big teams, maybe. Not against just everyone.

It would be interesting to see, though.

Hart
Richards - Jagielka - Jones - Lescott - Cole
Milner - Barry - Wilshere - Young
Rooney
Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:21 pm

you might as well have walcott instead of milner as he can defend well and will be excellent on the counter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Against the big sides, I think we should adopt this approach. It's obvious that we're well behind the likes of Spain, Germany, Netherlands, France, Italy, Brazil and Argentina in technical ability and should play to our strengths aginst them.

Against the rest, though, we should be more attacking and at least try to play good football. I think we're capable of doing so.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Xavi wasnt wrong though, 9 times out of 10 Spain would of won. I dont think England should go with that type gameplan.

I do think though generally England can "overachieve" and do a good job against strong teams if they get dragged into defending and countering. Its against the small teams where they need creativity more to break down the opponant where they would struggle.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:31 pm

lenear1030 wrote:call up Delap

:coffee:

He's Irish.

Shawcross on the other hand...

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:41 pm

I cant see how this tactic hasnt been sought out earlier, i mean the english players dont have the technical skills to play the way other european teams do.

As has been said they should stick with being counter attacking and just do what the english do best and pump long balls into the opponents box.

I mean honestly who cares how u win as long as it fair.

Us italians cop crop cause our previous teams were defensive, but do u really think we care when they win because of it.

As long as u win, then do it.

England has to stop tryin to be like other nations and just play like the english do.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:04 am

Is England's best hope of succeeding in Euros, adapting Stoke's Tactics? Punchdoor
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:12 am

GoonerJay and The Franchise have hit the nail on the head, in that such a team won't help you break down those you're essentially superior to and have to bring the game to.

On that note though, they really need Rooney in my opinion, playing as an attacking midfielder who will drift everywhere during a game. In his absence, I'd play a 4-3-3 against 'smaller' teams in the group stage - and hope you get Poland or Ukraine - then move to a disciplined 4-4-1-1 with Rooney supporting someone like Sturridge.

Also just make a new Delap, no tactical instruction, just weight training for arm and shoulder muscles until the Euro :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:17 am

Intresting thoughts Doest which I largely agree with.

I dont think England would want any part of Ukraine though. They gave Germany fits, especially on the counter.

Artem Milevskiy is a very intresting player and im stunned someone bigger hasnt gone for him. Shevchenko also still has alot to offer despite his age.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:20 am

9 times out of 10 is questionable. 5 out of 5 times seems more fair, tbh.

-------------Hart

-------Terry-------Jagielka
Richards--------------------Cole

------------Nolan
-------Parker
---------------Wilshere
Young---------------------Downing
-------------Rooney

Subs
James
Woodgate
Lescott
Johnson
Bridge
Barton
Gerrard
Adam Johnson
Milner
Wallcott
Andrew Johnson
Welbeck
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:22 am

Lord Hispano wrote:9 times out of 10 is questionable. 5 out of 5 times seems more fair, tbh.

I think the chances Spain had, they would take over again.

I dont think England would want to give them Cesc´chance or another Villa attempt which may go inside the post this time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 am

If they're even given the chance again, that is.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next