How highly do you rate Ricardo Montolivo? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

How highly do you rate Ricardo Montolivo?

+16
dostoevsky
Dnmac4
BiasedMilanFan3
nicholasmenger
Luca
Mr Nick09
EL Patron
McAgger
checazzofai
Grande_Milano
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
The Messiah
Ganso
Babun
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How highly do you rate Ricardo Montolivo? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Ricardo Montolivo?

Post by Dnmac4 Thu 10 Nov - 17:39

Wow, I have never understood why people don't like Aquilani. When he played for Liverpool I thought he was quite good and to be honest I think they could use him right now.

His style isn't a perfect fit for the EPL and I think Aqua and Montolivo would both benefit playing in La Liga.

As for Montolivo, I think he's a very good player and usually when I watch Italy play he is one of the better performers in the squad.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Ricardo Montolivo? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Ricardo Montolivo?

Post by nicholasmenger Thu 10 Nov - 17:40

I don't understand how people can claim that Aquaman is so much better than Montolivo..

Everyone seems to agree that Montolivo's major flaw is consistency... but I think that also happens to be Aquilani's so I don't get it.

On a good day they're both about the same in my opinion. Matter of fact, when's the last time either of them directly determined the outcome of a game?
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu 10 Nov - 17:55

Aquilani becomes inconsistent because he consistently (bar this season) gets injured.

He hasn't been seriously injured for a while and is a pretty good run of form at the moment.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu 10 Nov - 17:59

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t5370-aquilani-vs-montolivo?vote=viewresult

I see it has taken this forum all of three months to completely reverse its opinion, nice :coffee:

Aquilani, though Montolivo is preferred in that thread, was always generally considered the more talented however his injury record and thus inconsistency led most to prefer Montolivo, so it's understandable that when Aquilani has had a solid start to the season, voices quickly prefer AA.

Montolivo however can't wait to get out of Florence, the fans hate him and his transfer in the summer was probably blocked by Fiorentina in an attempt to get a higher transfer fee.

Montolivo has a good work rate however I would still classify him as weak defensively; he can be physically intimidated and he has the lowest testosterone count of any living Italian midfielder and several dead ones, so his response to a nasty tackle isn't to get stuck back in. If you've got a physical opposition you need a destroyer next to him, however if you're playing a pressing game and do not require Montolivo to physically retrieve possession then he's fine in a deep role.

People often speak only about his shooting technique when they discuss Montolivo near the box, however his carry and delivery in the final third is underrated - his statistics remain unimpressive however due to the fact that Gilardino routinely ruins his good work.

He has a psychic link to Pazzini though, even after all these years apart. Put them on the field and Pazzini will score.

Inconsistent, however he's in a strange side who have their fair share of problems and it's unfair to rate Aquilani significantly higher when he's at a more stable club. They're roughly equal over a year.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Thu 10 Nov - 18:06

Glad to see we're on the same page Dos...
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu 10 Nov - 18:32

dostoevsky wrote:https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t5370-aquilani-vs-montolivo?vote=viewresult

I see it has taken this forum all of three months to completely reverse its opinion, nice :coffee:

Aquilani, though Montolivo is preferred in that thread, was always generally considered the more talented however his injury record and thus inconsistency led most to prefer Montolivo, so it's understandable that when Aquilani has had a solid start to the season, voices quickly prefer AA.

Montolivo however can't wait to get out of Florence, the fans hate him and his transfer in the summer was probably blocked by Fiorentina in an attempt to get a higher transfer fee.

Montolivo has a good work rate however I would still classify him as weak defensively; he can be physically intimidated and he has the lowest testosterone count of any living Italian midfielder and several dead ones, so his response to a nasty tackle isn't to get stuck back in. If you've got a physical opposition you need a destroyer next to him, however if you're playing a pressing game and do not require Montolivo to physically retrieve possession then he's fine in a deep role.

People often speak only about his shooting technique when they discuss Montolivo near the box, however his carry and delivery in the final third is underrated - his statistics remain unimpressive however due to the fact that Gilardino routinely ruins his good work.

He has a psychic link to Pazzini though, even after all these years apart. Put them on the field and Pazzini will score.

Inconsistent, however he's in a strange side who have their fair share of problems and it's unfair to rate Aquilani significantly higher when he's at a more stable club. They're roughly equal over a year.

Agreed. Montolivo hasn't been great this season, but we could chalk that up to him wanting out of Florence, a change in scenery would do him some real good. I always liked the guy, but he's kind of disappointed me. A few years ago, I thought he was going to be much better than he currently is. I saw him as the future of the Italian national team, back when he was with Atalanta. Then again, I did see him in that trequartista role which he is currently occupying for Italy, so I'm glad I was accurate in part.

All that being said, I would take an in-form Aquilani over him without question. Much more physical (despite being one of the most injury-prone players I've ever seen) and has a better right foot on him; everything else is about equal imo.

So all in all, a good, versatile midfielder, though I expected him to be better at this point in his career.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Thu 10 Nov - 20:39

Mike we can both agree because we did speak about this in the past. No need for explanations. Montolivo sucks,.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu 10 Nov - 20:46

Montolivo and Aquilani are both average dudes, nothing special from what I've seen. Italy deserve better.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu 10 Nov - 21:53

both are poor man's thiago motta, when fit
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 11 Nov - 7:39

he has the skills, the vision , the potential but he is inconsistent if he can sort that maybe he will thrive for now he is on Aquilani's current level maybe slightly better
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2