Funkentelechy
Ganso
VivaStPauli
justdoit_
FC_Hollywood
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dutch National Team naturalizes Brazilian Defender Empty Dutch National Team naturalizes Brazilian Defender

Post by FC_Hollywood Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:11 pm

http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/oranje/10857526/__Van_Marwijk_hoopt_op_Douglas__.html?p=2,2

Bert van Marwijk hopes that he can use the services of former Brazilian at EURo 2012 as he got his Dutch passport this week.

Is naturalizing players the new hype when you don't have capable players?

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Dutch National Team naturalizes Brazilian Defender Empty Re: Dutch National Team naturalizes Brazilian Defender

Post by justdoit_ Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Germany does this too, man. Nothing new here. Good on them for finding a suitable replacement for aging Mathijsen.

Funny that this is revealed the same day KPB calls it a career with the Black Stars, though.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Dutch National Team naturalizes Brazilian Defender Empty Re: Dutch National Team naturalizes Brazilian Defender

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Wasn't naturalization way bigger in the 90s?

Nowadays most countries almost never do it, except Turkey.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Pepe,Cacau,Deco,Bruno Senna,Thiago/Rafa Alcantara,Rodrigo and now Douglas.... :facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Cacau wasn't naturalized for football, though, his application for Citizenship was in the works for years before the NT even noticed him.

Germany naturalized this English kid in the 90s, but I forgot pretty much everything else about that... Turkey got Mehmet Aurelio...
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:08 pm

well Cacau doesnt matter because we have much better options that him,but seriously,Thaigo,Deco and Pepe were/are dearly missed
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:14 pm

I find it pretty annoying.

But no sport can match futsal in terms of naturalization.

At WC 2008 there was a Brasil x Italy match in which all of Italy's players were brazilian. Laughing
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Funkentelechy wrote:I find it pretty annoying.

But no sport can match futsal in terms of naturalization.

At WC 2008 there was a Brasil x Italy match in which all of Italy's players were brazilian. Laughing
i was watching spain vs brazil last year and all of the spanish team was also Brazilian
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Would he have gotten the Dutch passport even if he didn't plan to play for the Dutch?
If yes then the title is a bit off no?

Same with Cacau, everyone who has lived as long as Cacau in Germany with no criminal past and means to support himself can apply for German citizenship and gets it. Not the German NT naturalized him, he got the German passport and then he was called up.

The days of Sean Dundee ad Paolo Rink are long gone thankfully.
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Sean Dundee, that was the kid I was thinking of. And he was South African, okay. Well, I guess my memory sucks. :p
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FC_Hollywood Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:41 pm

But the "problem" is that the Dutch NT's defense is weak and need douglas. Germany doesn't need CACAU as much as holland needs douglas.

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:59 pm

"Fifa rules dictate that a player has to live in his new country for five years before being eligible to play for the national side, meaning that Douglas won't be available for Oranje until September 2012.

However, the Dutch football association (KNVB) has started a procedure to ask dispensation for Douglas in order to make him eligible in time for Euro 2012."

Yep, FC_Hollywood says the truth.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:15 pm

But you need Klose and Podolski. Thumbs up

@Ganso: Alcantara bros. are Spanish enough. Laughing They could have chosen 3 Nationalities and they ended up with Spain.

Really, I'm against this sort of thing.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:18 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Cacau wasn't naturalized for football, though, his application for Citizenship was in the works for years before the NT even noticed him.

Germany naturalized this English kid in the 90s, but I forgot pretty much everything else about that... Turkey got Mehmet Aurelio...

Turkey got Sahin and the Altintop brothers even though they are German born
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:22 pm

They're of Turkish decsent, though. Turkish enough for me. smoking
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by FC_Hollywood Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:41 pm

"But you need Klose and Podolski. "

They are German.

FC_Hollywood
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Regarding Ganso's first post: Rodrigo, Thiago and Rafinha's cases are particular ones, they spent something about 40% of their lives in Brazil and 60% in Spain, so any choice they'd have taken would be pretty fair. Although I have a strong feeling Rafinha will be playing for Brazil in the Olympic games.

I don't think Deco could have dethroned Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaká. Also I don't rate Pepe highly, I would take Naldo or any of our upcoming CB's over him any day as men and footballers.

In general, I couldn't care less about the players themselves. What bothers me is that naturalization opposes the very principle of international competitions that is nation v nation, nations thinking their sports as a national unity.
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Serge Gnabry Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:But you need Klose and Podolski. Thumbs up

Ah what a surprise seeing you in this thread.
You know damn well both aren't naturalized.

But we all know this thread will now derail...
Serge Gnabry
Serge Gnabry
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Funkentelechy wrote:Regarding Ganso's first post: Rodrigo, Thiago and Rafinha's cases are particular ones, they spent something about 40% of their lives in Brazil and 60% in Spain, so any choice they'd have taken would be pretty fair. Although I have a strong feeling Rafinha will be playing for Brazil in the Olympic games.

I don't think Deco could have dethroned Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and Kaká. Also I don't rate Pepe highly, I would take Naldo or any of our upcoming CB's over him any day as men and footballers.

In general, I couldn't care less about the players themselves. What bothers me is that naturalization opposes the very principle of international competitions that is nation v nation, nations thinking their sports as a national unity.
Rafinha?idk,i really hope Menezes calls him up soon,hes already playing for Spain's youth.a lot of people say hes a better player than Thiago.

About Pepe,i also think hes overrated and overall sloppy,but he would be a great backup for our starting CB pairing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Ganso wrote:
Funkentelechy wrote:Regarding Ganso's first post: Rodrigo, Thiago and Rafinha's cases are particular ones, they spent something about 40% of their lives in Brazil and 60% in Spain, so any choice they'd have taken would be pretty fair. Although I have a strong feeling Rafinha will be playing for Brazil in the Olympic games.

Rafinha?idk,i really hope Menezes calls him up soon,hes already playing for Spain's youth.a lot of people say hes a better player than Thiago.

About Pepe,i also think hes overrated and overall sloppy,but he would be a great backup for our starting CB pairing

Rafinha is pretty much raw material, should only be playing for youth teams atm. He keeps suggesting he'll play for Brazil on his twitter, but who knows.

On a side note, Dedé >>> Pepe :coffee:
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Gary Bailey... the old Man Utd goalkeeper is South African.
Went to the same school as me too.
Capped for England...
But I think that had a lot to do with our political situation at the time
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Funkentelechy wrote:
Ganso wrote:

Rafinha is pretty much raw material, should only be playing for youth teams atm. He keeps suggesting he'll play for Brazil on his twitter, but who knows.

On a side note, Dedé >>> Pepe :coffee:
yup,pretty much the only CB ive seen destroy every single star striker/AM on the league,he had Neymar,Dalessandro,Damiao,Borges and Lucas on his pocket.His performance vs Argentina was also great.Only problem is that he is too similar to T. Silva,unlike David Luiz.I find it amazing how hes only 23.

Rafinha should be called up just for the hell of it,and honestly,hes being developed in Barca,bad stuff cant come out from him.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Rafinha like his brother can represent Spain. I don't want him.

Both of them wouldn't even fit into any Brazilian system, whether it be Muricy, Dunga or Mano coaching.

Rafinha will definitely not be on our Olympic team..the amount of talent in his position back home is enough to keep him in Spain watching on his couch.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:37 am

hes definitely not better than Pato and Damiao,but hed be a great 3rd choice ST
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:39 am

Don't get me started on Thiago... not Motta.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next