Buffon: 'Crazy to talk about Scudetto'  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Buffon: 'Crazy to talk about Scudetto'

Go down

Buffon: 'Crazy to talk about Scudetto'  Empty Buffon: 'Crazy to talk about Scudetto'

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Gianluigi Buffon has played down both Juventus' title credentials and that the weekend's meeting with Napoli can be thought of as a title-decider.

The goalkeeper was talking to Sky Sport Italia when he reflected on Juve's strong start to the season that sees them top the table after nine games played.

“It has been a good start, there is no doubt. But, as I have said many times before, even in the last two years when we have started well we have finished seventh. We all saw what happened and how those campaigns ended.

“For this, I believe that we must remain firmly on the ground. The thing that makes me angry is the fact that in the weeks after the victory against Inter, it is reported that I said that we will win the Scudetto.

“At 33 and with the experience that I have accumulated and mostly because I say what I think and think what I say, it is an error I would not make. This is not false modesty.

“I really think we can take satisfaction this season, but that means being competitive, which is very different from winning the Scudetto.”

Buffon was later asked in the interview if the meeting between Napoli and Juventus this weekend would be an indicator for the title race.

“I respond in a very quiet, sincere and straightforward way: it is the 10th week of the championship. Playing for the title is a folly in a game that could never be worth that much.

“It is an important game because there may be many implications to it. It can change perspectives of trust, belief, self-esteem for both teams. It is definitely not a title decider.

“On the one hand, there is the specific weight of [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and the talent of the many champions at Milan.”

The Italian captain then reflected on the double blow Italy received this week with both Giuseppe Rossi and Antonio Cassano being ruled out for extended periods in a European Championship season.

“We know that there is time to recover for both of them and that is the most important thing. I too, before winning the 2006 World Cup, had been away for six months with a dislocated shoulder.

“The important thing is that they prepare in the best way, that is, maintaining good physical and mental rest, so they can be even more energetic and lively.

“On an emotional level there is a great desire for them to be there at the European Championships and as protagonists.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down