Babun
guest7
halamadrid2
EarlyPrototype
Mr Nick09
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1-y contract extension for Carvalho - Page 2 Empty Re: 1-y contract extension for Carvalho

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 pm

I would expect that myself.

I just dont see that much quality at CB atm there, maybe i am being picky, but seems to me like barca, atletico and valencia got the best of the upcoming generation for now.

Would be nice to find a good, versatile spanish CB if Albiol leaves, ie, some one that can play FB as well, and has good athleticism.

I am not a fan of promoting Nacho btw, that's sure to be mentioned. Nowhere near ready, and i hope some would watch more castilla games.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

1-y contract extension for Carvalho - Page 2 Empty Re: 1-y contract extension for Carvalho

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Caravajal is ready IMO. Kid is a beast.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:34 pm

Well we could of sold him and got a new RB next summer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:35 pm

yh, might as well hold on to Albiol, and drop carvalho down the pecking order, or we go international again.

Dunno if he is, i would want him to get some D2 or D1 experience first, specially since he is a defender.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:49 pm

I'd promote Caravajal, Morata and Alex with my eyes closed TBH.

We already have guys like Lass and Albilol on the first team. I really don't think these guys can be much worse.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:13 pm

He always had an option for a 3rd year

I honestly see this as a move to push Ramos to CB next season

Ramos Pepe Varane and Carvalho as the CB's, Albiol most likely to be sold.

Carvajal or Nacho to be promoted to deputise under Arbeloa on the right

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Crimson wrote:He always had an option for a 3rd year

I honestly see this as a move to push Ramos to CB next season

Ramos Pepe Varane and Carvalho as the CB's, Albiol most likely to be sold.

Carvajal or Nacho to be promoted to deputise under Arbeloa on the right

It's not a bad idea, but i would promote Carvajal ahead of Nacho. Carvajal is a true beast of a young RB, while Nacho is a jack of all trade, master of none.

Dani would have a clearly outlined path to the starting eleven.

Isnt better to have Albiol as 4th choice?

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Yup,carvajal is the real deal.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:26 pm

Nobody on Castilla team is ready for first team Madrid.... none. I don't care how good they look in the 3rd division of Spain. They need to go somewhere and learn to play true elite footy and then come back to Madrid if they can cut it.

The way the current team is structured, you have to be an established superstar somewhere (young or not so young) to truly get a shot. Or you have to be a wunderkid. Nacho, Morata and Alex are not wunderkids. Carvajal could be... but that is going to be a trial by fire and i don't know if we have the patience like we did with Marcelo if we are competing for trophies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:37 pm

It's not like Carjaval is jumping in the starting evelen, i am more than comfortable with Arbeloa starting as RB, knowing that we still have Ramos available in dire times.

Athletically he can do it, and that's often the main concern. It's not impossible if the staff evaluates that he has the correct mentality, but we need an experience core in defense to guide the young ones, NT players like Arbeloa, or Ramos.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nobody on Castilla team is ready for first team Madrid.... none. I don't care how good they look in the 3rd division of Spain. They need to go somewhere and learn to play true elite footy and then come back to Madrid if they can cut it.

The way the current team is structured, you have to be an established superstar somewhere (young or not so young) to truly get a shot. Or you have to be a wunderkid. Nacho, Morata and Alex are not wunderkids. Carvajal could be... but that is going to be a trial by fire and i don't know if we have the patience like we did with Marcelo if we are competing for trophies.

They need to at least be given chances in the first team. No one is saying they should be promoted to a first team starter straight away.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:46 pm

With the amount of talent in our starting 11 we should have adequate cover to allow even a 3rd division player to start and get his feet wet

With that in mind he won't be starting off the bat he would just be understudying to Arbeloa/Ramos

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm sorry but when the squad has Lass on it who gets minutes every once in a while trying to tell me that we can't promote at least one player from Castilla is silly.

Sarabia looks like a first division player even though he is playing with scrubs around him, he played against Auxerre last year in the CL and made them look like donkeys. (even though according to Sport at least Ligue 1 teams are tough and physical or whatever).

Alex has more football ability in his toe than Lass.

What I don't get is that you are cutting off their chance without even giving them a shot. It's impossible to make them established at once. You have to bleed them in after which they eventually become great. Ramos, Higuain and Marcelo had loads of weaknesses when they came here as teenagers. now they are pillars of the team.

Don't tell me promoting players with legit potential is hard when "wonderkids" with donkey abilities like Coentrao and Lass and past their expiry date stars like Kaka are on the squad.

Every time f*cking Altintop gets minutes in front of our youth like Callejon, Granero, Sarabia etc a little but of Madridismo dies.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:50 pm

It will close to impossible for any of them to even be the 2 nd choice at any position. Just look at Varane... If Ramos moves to CB, he's basically buried.

I want our kids to succeed as much as every Madrid fan. However, I see little or no opportunity to get the mins and experience needs with the top club right now. I just don't see a manager taking that kind of risk given the pressure for immediate success.

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:00 pm

guys guys, u guy are nuts to say caravjal is ready, he is a beast, a rightback marcelo in the making but no way near ready.

He is like marcelo of pelegrini/junde ramos era. he cant even boss the 3rd division teams.

He need at least 2 seasons in La liga.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:00 pm

How the club does is not all that relevant Z... It's playing time. You learn very little getting a few mins here and there as a kid. Practicing has nothing to do with playing.

As far as Auxerre, their business model is to build up youth and sell them. As soon as they have a good season (made CL), they sold almost everyone. They sucked horribly in Ligue 1 to start last season and then came on in the 2nd half. Also, the kids were starstruck playing Madrid... Not only were they new, but they were playing their idols. You don't have that problem usually with Lyon, PSG and Marseille (Lille, remains to be seen).

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:07 pm

It's not even about risk TBH, it's about not filling empty spots with over priced useless squad players.

Signing guys like Ozil, Khedira, Di Maria etc I can understand. There is potential there and they are legit talents.

However, Altintop? Coentrao? Holding on to Kaka even though it's clear no matter how well he does this year he won't be a part of this club's future?

Granero and Callejon can easily do anything Altintop and Coentrao do, they can also play football too. Bleeding in youth looks hard when you cut off any and all chances for them but all it takes is telling them to warm up and set them in.

You have players like Ronaldo and Alonso who can cover for them just in case and it's not like the players who have had cameos have done badly.

Alex, Morata, Caravajal, Jese and Sarabia have all looked good and full of potential. Saying they have no chance to make it is something I just don't buy.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:21 pm

its not that wont make it or they dont have enough ability. its the risks that can come with it.

I still didnt forget how many goals/matches marcelo costs us in his youth. we lost titles, we won nothing.

For a club like madrid to not win anything in 3 years a disaster, there is no way mou or current madrid take these risks especially when we didnt win anything big since like 3/4 years. that created HUGE pressure on everyone in the club, there is no way that mou have enough guts to take that kind of risk.

Experementing is done when are at the top of the world, u won the league, or in useless second leg cup matches when we have huge lead. not when titles are at stake.

It also depends on the player position, if its an attacker, i dont think much there is much harm he can make, but for a defender, a mistake loose us the game, being a fullback is extremely hard, it takes years to master that position, when to overlap, who to mark, against the most tricky type of wingers what to do. u need a realible defender to backup another. like arbeloa for example, he wont accept ur attacking expectations, but he will be super safe and secure in defence.

For example nacho is a natrual defender thus mou played him few games last season, he was ok, but u could see he was beaten alot by average wingers and left some space at the back, even though we did survive on conceding most of the time. Caravjal doesnt even have that natrual defending mentality.

Most players takes time to settle into tactical version of the game, carajval has none cuz he plays for a 3rd division team. that alone can make someone not to play him.

Caravjal is good but he simply doesnt have enough experience to be a backup.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:03 pm

Coentrao is a WC LB Z... how can you even compare anyone in Castilla to him? Altintop is veteran brought in to provide an experienced backup in case of injury to our defenders and DMs. And guess what, that's exactly what's happened.

Callejon is a proven commodity as well to a certain extent as he's already done well in La Liga with Espanyol. He's a perfect example actually of a player getting experience somewhere else.

Granero is getting no playing time.

You cannot... CANNOT... rely on Castilla players to be the backups. It's suicidal in Madrid and Mou is not that naive. Besides, lack of playing time is the worse thing for a young player who is developing.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:20 pm

Zealous wrote:It's not even about risk TBH, it's about not filling empty spots with over priced useless squad players.

Signing guys like Ozil, Khedira, Di Maria etc I can understand. There is potential there and they are legit talents.

However, Altintop? Coentrao? Holding on to Kaka even though it's clear no matter how well he does this year he won't be a part of this club's future?

Granero and Callejon can easily do anything Altintop and Coentrao do, they can also play football too. Bleeding in youth looks hard when you cut off any and all chances for them but all it takes is telling them to warm up and set them in.

You have players like Ronaldo and Alonso who can cover for them just in case and it's not like the players who have had cameos have done badly.

Alex, Morata, Caravajal, Jese and Sarabia have all looked good and full of potential. Saying they have no chance to make it is something I just don't buy.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Zealous, it is sure nice to have someone else taking a pro Spanish theme. Wecome to the club!!!! You keep this up and I'll be getting you a socio invite!!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:22 pm

I agree, as Ive always said we should be blooding our Castilla player more so we dont have to send them our so often. We screw up too many of those deals, I dont have to mention names as we know all them. People like Morata, Nacho, etc should be subbed in more often and as the Copa starts again I think we should our second team and use our cantera much more since we already won it.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Btw, i"m not saying that our Castilla can't be good/great.... but send them out to higher competition quickly!

I know getting to Segunda is a priority for Madrid this year and, thus, keeping talent in-house is understandable. If we succeed, problem solved! you get a much better idea of quality there. If it fails, i hope we bite the bullet and get all our kids to play up if they've proven themselves in Castilla.

Next year, Morata, Alex, Nacho, Carvajal, etc. need to be challenged.

It also shows the kids that you have their best interest in mind and they are not disgruntled. We get into problems when we block things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:33 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Zealous wrote:It's not even about risk TBH, it's about not filling empty spots with over priced useless squad players.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Zealous, it is sure nice to have someone else taking a pro Spanish theme. Wecome to the club!!!! You keep this up and I'll be getting you a socio invite!!!!!

That sounds awesome banana
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:39 pm

sportsczy wrote:Btw, i"m not saying that our Castilla can't be good/great.... but send them out to higher competition quickly!

I know getting to Segunda is a priority for Madrid this year and, thus, keeping talent in-house is understandable. If we succeed, problem solved! you get a much better idea of quality there. If it fails, i hope we bite the bullet and get all our kids to play up if they've proven themselves in Castilla.

Next year, Morata, Alex, Nacho, Carvajal, etc. need to be challenged.

It also shows the kids that you have their best interest in mind and they are not disgruntled. We get into problems when we block things.

I know what you are saying. I actually agree it's just that if they aren't actually in the squad then there is always the chance that their spot is just given to some player people think is good but really isn't. (Coentrao)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:21 am

I didn't want us to buy Coentrao either but let's be serious he is a good player and better than anybody in castilla.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum