Barzagli: 'Juve covering all bases'  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Barzagli: 'Juve covering all bases'

Go down

Barzagli: 'Juve covering all bases'  Empty Barzagli: 'Juve covering all bases'

Post by DeviAngel Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Andrea Barzagli sees a Juventus side preparing for all eventualities against his former side Chievo this weekend.

The 30-year-old centre-back spent a single season at the Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi eight seasons ago. Now at Juventus, Barzagli reflected on his breakthrough season with the Mussi Volanti, the danger his former side now pose and the subsequent level of preparation from the Bianconeri.

“I started my Serie A career with Chievo. My first year in Verona was one of the best and I'm greatly attached to the environment there. The Bentegodi is a difficult venue and we'll face a tricky encounter.

“[Sergio] Pellissier? He's a threat but not the only one. We're working on everything, even the finer details, knowing that that we have to show more attention, concentration, battling qualities and desire to win than they do.”

Speaking to Juve's official website, Barzagli pointed to Week 6's win over Milan as proving significant to the dressing room, but at the same time a result that the team need to build upon.

“It gave us confidence in what we're doing, but now we're at the start. We need to continue to work in a calm manner, focusing solely on what we do, without thinking about our opponents.

“In Italy judgements change in an instant, but the next games will definitely tell us where we are.”

The defender saw his first Italy involvement for over three years this week, with many believing that his return to the peninsula has played its part.

“Everything's changed in just a few months. But this isn't revenge as far as I'm concerned. I was perfectly happy in Germany, but then an opportunity came along to play for a great team like Juventus.

“I've worked well over the past few months and this gives me the strength to continue to do even more.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down