Raptorgunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
cyberman
57 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by michael1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
michael1 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:The WC is more exciting, but I still maintain that the Euros are harder to win than the WC.

And it's an awesome tournament.

I'll probably enjoy it when it comes around lol, going to watch games at the pub with mates and all the usual banter that comes with it.....

But atm everytime our key players go away on international duty i shit my pants at the possibility of injuries Laughing

But if they come home with a trophy surely it would be worth it.

Besides i think newcastle has it better than most big english clubs when it comes to international duty

Yh but alot of our key players still go on international duty and 1 or 2 injurys can affect a squad like ours very badly.....

Thats true but at the end of the day what can u do.

It would be a crime to stop internationals.

And i guess everyteam that supplys internationals all run the same risk.

If injuries happen they happen.

I remeber rvp bein out for half a year because of a freindlie against italy.

Yes i wasnt happy about but it happens who to say he wouldnt of gotten injured for arsenal.

There is always a risk whether that be international, club or even in training.

michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Euros are a waste of time.. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Euros are a waste of time..

Post by ErPupone Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:32 pm

michael1 wrote:
honduran09 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:For all those saying International football >>>> Club football let me ask you this would you be saying that if your country wasn't a football powerhouse ?

I think not ....

I think Yes and yes and one more time yes I love international football

Hands down it is the best FACT! Honduras is by no means a football powerhouse,but the feeling i get when they play cannot compare to anything else.

There is a reason the World Cup breaks television records each time it is played

thank you, club cant compare to what u feel for your country.

a club is something u can choose and change.

hence no matter how much u love the club it compare compare to national.

your born with that blood and whether u like where ur from or not u cant change it.

Well it's just extremely subjective. For certain fans, the club is in their blood just as much. A person born in Madrid may have Real Madrid blood in him, someone born in Sicily could feel more Sicilian than Italian and may therefore have more pride in watching Palermo over Italy. If you're a real football fan, you can't just choose and change your favorite club as you wish. If you do, you're probably a band-wagoner.

And as for international matches, I'll personally say that over the past 3 or so years, I much preferred watching club football over watching my country. It's not because we played like shit in this past World Cup because I could accept the occasional failure, but because there was a lack of passion within the squad and a lack of merit. Enthusiasm is contagious, so if there's no enthusiasm within the national team you follow, you're likely to have less interest. I was more depressed when Roma was knocked out of the Champions League than when Italy was knocked out of the World Cup, to put it in basic terms. But that's probably because over time, my club has become a part of me and it's in my blood, you could say. It doesn't at all mean that I don't enjoy watching my country, but this isn't a black or white issue where we could say it's a question of nationality vs. club selection.

zarola wrote:
The Fonz wrote:For all those saying International football >>>> Club football let me ask you this would you be saying that if your country wasn't a football powerhouse ?

I think not ....

For all people saying club is better than international..would you be saying this if your club wasnt a powerhouse...

Are we a powerhouse lol?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Pupone thats fair enough all i was really tryin to say internationals are great they offer us something different sure it can be annoyin with the int breaks and freindlies and what not.

But the nationals bring people in thw country together or people that dont even watch the sport end up watchin events like the euros and world cup.

Its a different kind of fever to club football Which is why it cant be replaced or just stopped cause people prefer there clubs cause they dnt want to see there players injured.

To be honest its plain selfish
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:Legends are made with NTs, not club football. It's always been like this and will always remain so. The support for a country dwarfs any club support... you become a national hero.

As much as i love club football, i consider the WC and the Euro as the two biggest tournaments by far in football. Nothing is even close.

Couldn't have said it better Smile
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:45 pm

WC>Copa America>Euro=CL
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:WC>Copa America>Euro=CL

WC > Euro > CL > Copa Wink
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Actually euros are far more entertaining for some reasons.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:48 pm

whar dewey eyed nonsense
CR7 and Messi will be known as the best in their generation despite doing nothing at international level
zidane will be remembered for the CL final goal above any for france
george best never played in a major international tournament, ditto giggs
club football means you can play for the best and reach the top despite what poor country you are from
international football just rewards the players born from the major countries. its elitest and fraudulant
if we judge by international standards... vidic would be nowhere, hernandez is better than messi while arshavin is more dynamic than CR7
Do it for a country and youre forgotten months later [ name me greeces best players in 04..you cheated and you know it] but do it for barca, utd etc with over 330m fans worldwide [ for utd anyway] and youre remembered forever

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:50 pm

the euros are more entertaining cause no-one gives a fcuk
they go out and play because they have no pressure, like the europa league when fulham went on their run
euro 08 was attacking, WC 10 was 5hit

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:52 pm

and who again speaks of Best in the same breath as R9,Zidane,Pele,Maradona?(at least in South America)

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:56 pm

International tournaments makes legends.

Dont you feel scholes is underrated? why? answer is in this thread lulz.

Also you wouldnt say this if your country was so successful in Int games.English? duh
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Ganso wrote:and who again speaks of Best in the same breath as R9,Zidane,Pele,Maradona?(at least in South America)

again who doesn't speak of Best in the same breath as R9, Pele, Maradona? (at least in England)
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:Legends are made with NTs, not club football.

sssssssh LM might be lurking about Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm

who spoke of best as up there with pele and maradonna?

um...pele and maradonna lol

and thers my point, shock horror a northern irish man isnt considered up there with players from a major footballing country

forget best, he just owned the unbeatable benfica side led by eusebio away from home, was a goal scoring winger before goal scoring wingers were invented, european footballer of the year etc...embarassed defenders when they could legally break your legs

eusebio is another one who is punished because of the poor state of his international team
thank god etoo joined barca or hed be forgotten tomorrow

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:04 pm

ali8775 wrote:
Ganso wrote:and who again speaks of Best in the same breath as R9,Zidane,Pele,Maradona?(at least in South America)

again who doesn't speak of Best in the same breath as R9, Pele, Maradona? (at least in England)
well,England must make Legends out of something no?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:07 pm

what leegnds are made by international football?
99% of top players reputations are made and remebered by their clubs achievements
the rest are sentimental nonsense

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:08 pm

cyberman wrote:who spoke of best as up there with pele and maradonna?

um...pele and maradonna lol

and thers my point, shock horror a northern irish man isnt considered up there with players from a major footballing country

forget best, he just owned the unbeatable benfica side led by eusebio away from home, was a goal scoring winger before goal scoring wingers were invented, european footballer of the year etc...embarassed defenders when they could legally break your legs

eusebio is another one who is punished because of the poor state of his international team
thank god etoo joined barca or hed be forgotten tomorrow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Bastin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Ganso wrote:
ali8775 wrote:

well,England must make Legends out of something no?

lol is that implying Best is not a legend?!!? LOL

Maradona good, Pele better, George Best , jog on son , he might not be the greatest of all time but is without a doubt up there
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:09 pm

and see gansos last post to see my post
judging a player and his credentials by national stereotyping

such a joke, and best wasnt even english

smh

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:09 pm

Much prefer club football to international football. Wouldn't mind of they scrapped everything besides the World Cup.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 pm

british football in 3 years won a WC and 2 CLs
we were on top of the world lol, we talked the talk and walked the walk, this wasnt BRITISH HYPE LOLZ!!! Best was doing it during a golden period
if best was english, was super imposed into a WC winning England side and just cruised along with miminal effect, would he be judged higher?
sadly yes, and its because of where he was born that holds him back

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Sportsczy pretty much killed the topic. He's right.

For an example, no one knows who's Cryuff here, but plenty know Beckenbauer and Paolo Rossi. Goycochea is rated higher than Buffon and Kahn by some. Stuff like that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Best is rated alongside Maradona and Pele.LMAO

Typical english media created delusion at its best.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:29 pm

Pele,Maradona,R9,Zidane>>>>>>>Best
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:30 pm

I have a question.

If England was any good at NT footy, would this thread ever come to be?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:30 pm

top class national sterotyping there
too bad best wasnt english so english bias cant be in play..but great biogtry non the less
ii bet you lovvvve international football

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next