baresi
nicholasmenger
Forza
Vibe
S
Potential
13 posters

Go down

Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation Empty Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation

Post by Potential Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Obviously, most of you keep jerking on Allegri for his substitution and player selections, therefore I'll deliver the best possible players in the best possible formation to control the midfield, defense and attack against any opposition.

We all know that our depth is very fine, with some youngster developing into bench material and others will develop into a starting 11 material. we'll take a focus on our most powerful and balanced players first.

Ibrahimovic is arguably our most powerful attacker, his attributes are amazing; an amazing height with a powerful body. he is deadly in creating chances and deadlier in finishing it; his downfall is his attitude, he always wants the ball at his feat in the best possible cross/pass or he'll complain, one of the best CF in the world; with something extra, the ability to make chances, that's why, probably; having him a little behind the offside line so he doesn't get caught offside is probably his best position.

Pato is Pato, he is fast, he is a deadly finisher; but he is injury prone... his pace are unmatchable when a team plays a high line, a decent through ball will send him one on one, and the one on one situation would probably end up as a corner or more likely as a goal. placing him as a CF is probably his best location. as he'll use his pace to take get into one on one situations or open up space for his partner upfront and send him through, his passing is not vastly impressive but it's improving along with his finishing(1).

Robinho is our most important aspect in attack, his dribbling and his stepovers are needed in attack. many may complain about how many chances his wastes but he overs so much in attack. our key to minimize chance he misses is playing him a little bit deeper, it allows him to run and create far more space. his pace is very important as placing him with Pato upfront will create one of the fastest attack in the world, and deadly as hell if a team plays a highline.

Cassano is our creative spark upfront, however playing him as a striker is a crime, Cassano vision and passing are truly world class. he is the same as Ibrahimovic; an amazing finishing (except for the day his son was born, and he is excused as he haven't slept in 54 hours). his pace may not be that impressive, however it's un-needed in the position I'll play him, he is particularly not impressive when you don't control the midfield, that's why putting him a lot deeper will be taking advantage of both his vision and crosses, as well as putting him in the middle of the action, taking the best use of his worst dawnfall, control.

Seedorf is the creative spark in the midfield, when rested and used correctly... he offers so much on the pitch that none of our other players offer; massive control over the game and amazing chances. he is growing older, and therefore a successor must be found soon, however; for now we need to play him not as a attacking midfielder, but as the link between attack and defense, with both of our fullback bursting forward with the amazing pace they are gifted, it'll allow Seedorf more chances, and therefore losing the ball less, and making more use of possession.

Van Bommel is an amazing midfielder, he offers so much in defense, while having on the pitch offers control over the midfield, playing him just infront of the middle of defense gifts our defender more ease of mind, as he'll probably intercepts or puts enough pressure to win the ball back. he is constantly performing, and we all probably remember his performance against Inter. he is new to italian football, yet he adjusted so quickly that we can probably play him anywhere in the midfield and he'll still perform.

Abate is our most beloved player, his pace and defensive ability are truly amazing. one of the fastest player in the world, and was able to shut down a massive list of currently the best of the world more than one time (Ronaldo, Eto'o, Messi etc..) his biggest downfall is his advancing forward, as he is constantly improving he has still to show the ability to cross the ball as well as other fullbacks, if we played him as a RB, we must make sure when he attacks, he either go very wide in case of a normal attack, or very into the middle to make open up more space, his shot are impressive, even though he doesn't shoot a lot, making sure he is well used in counter attacks that he moved a little bit into the middle when countering will make him attacking attributes as good as Maicon, if not better. he developed into one of the best players playing at RB in recent years.

Taiwo is new to Italian football, however he is very pacy player with a lot of physical strength; an animal that doesn't get tired, with an amazing cannon shot that can leave a goalkeeper dizzied without a reaction. he is not truly impressive as a defender, probably our weakest link in defense, however he offers so much more when in possession, that he is needed on the pitch.

Nesta is our veteran defender, he is not very fast, however his partnership with Silva has developed into the best in the world! Nesta offers experience and positioning that Silva never seem to have when he plays for Brazil. he can still perform even that he is very old! when we can't control the game, and we play him in a deep line, he'll become the best in the world! as he showed in the Barcelona game.

Silva is our kid who we developed into a man, during his time with AC Milan, Silva provides the speed in the Milan defense that Nesta now lacks, as he is able to chase down virtually any striker in Serie A or in any other league around the world. This has made him arguably the best defender in Serie A. he also adapted himself that in-case of an emergency he can play in a defensive midfielder role, in which his passing plays a very important part in it.

Best possible formation for a starting 11.

Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation 241441_A_C__Milan

Having Robinho in the left side will take best use of his tracking back, as Taiwo's defending isn't really the best.

Cassano in the midfield offers very much into the ability to create chances and hold the ball.

Seedorf is utter class when rested and playing deep, he and Cassano will be able to offer so much into possession translation into chances.

Van Bommel will need to take care of defensive ability, and maybe offers the best in counterattacking football.

Ibrahimovic upfront with Pato just behind him creates more space, as Pato will be able to use his pace to open more space, with Robinho coming from behind to take the ball and send Ibrahimvoic or Pato through or shoot when needed, but having him coming from behind will minimize his shooting and therefore chance wasting.

One of Abate or Taiwo will need to run forward to pick the ball and create spaces, in case of a full attack as we are losing and not much time left, both will go forward and the whole midfield will move more upfront with Van Bommel staying behind and Nesta and Silva creating space in the middle so it they can cover both of Abate's and Taiwo as well as their positions.

(1):

2007/2008 : 63 shoots 42.9% on target 9 goals (7 shoots/goal)
2008/2009 : 99 shoots 37.4% on target 15 goals (6.6 shoots/goal)
2009/2010 : 57 shoots 49.1% on target 12 goals (4.75 shoots/goal)
2010/2011 : 62 shoots 48.3% on target 14 goals (4.4 shoots/goal)
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation Empty Re: Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation

reserved
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation Empty Re: Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation

also reserved
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:33 pm

After i saw Cassano in midfield in your lineup,I immediately stopped reading.. Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:After i saw Cassano in midfield in your lineup,I immediately stopped reading.. Laughing

Most of people go with a nature tendency not to place players out of positions, however when a player does possess the ability to play in a certain position, call Cassano a fake 8, he is a midfielder in that particular line-up, however I am sure he won't truly act as one. 'FAKE 3' and 'FAKE 9' has been created successfully, so I can't see why a 'FAKE8' won't work, just as how Barcelona play Fabregas as a 'FAKE8' and he has been very successful in that position, I can see Cassano playing there as well.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Abiatti
Abate - Nesta - Silva - Taiwo
MVB
Boateng - Seedorf
Robinho
Pato - Ibra

@OP :facepalm:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:43 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Abiatti
MVB
Boateng - Seedorf
Robinho
Pato - Ibra

Boeteng is very much average, the only reason fans like him because he offered a lot of dynamic movement in the midfield, as well as pace to a very old and slow midfield last year, he is as average as Juventus' Pepe, and his temper is a problem that he needs to solve before he earns a starting 11 spot.

and I love how you just posted the same players except for Boeteng instead of Cassano, in a formation that has been proved very weak against a pressing opposition time and time again, 4-3-1-2 is not the solution, as Allegri failed to demonstrate more than one dimension to the team.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Potential wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:After i saw Cassano in midfield in your lineup,I immediately stopped reading.. Laughing

Most of people go with a nature tendency not to place players out of positions, however when a player does possess the ability to play in a certain position, call Cassano a fake 8, he is a midfielder in that particular line-up, however I am sure he won't truly act as one. 'FAKE 3' and 'FAKE 9' has been created successfully, so I can't see why a 'FAKE8' won't work, just as how Barcelona play Fabregas as a 'FAKE8' and he has been very successful in that position, I can see Cassano playing there as well.

Let's say we were tying to go change it up a bit- wouldn't a better option be:

Pato - Cassano
Ibra
Robinho - v. Bommel - Boateng
Taiwo - Silva - Nesta - Abate
Abbiati

An interesting idea there, Ibra as TQ - worth a try or not?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:53 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Potential wrote:

Let's say we were tying to go change it up a bit- wouldn't a better option be:

Pato - Cassano
Ibra
Robinho - v. Bommel - Boateng
Abbiati

An interesting idea there, Ibra as TQ - worth a try or not?

I don't think Ibra can succeed as a TQ, as he is very demanding that the ball go into his feet, and will eventually get out of position and play as a striker.

Robinho as a midfielder will probably work like Emmaunelson, both are originally are a wingers, and both track back often, we probably won't feel much change in attacking side of Robinho, as he still offers the spark while he'll more likely run upfront to provide the better link of defense and attack.

Having Boeteng in a three man midfield next to Robinho and van Bommel is an amazing idea, we'll take best use of his pace, energy and defensive abilities.

That particular line-up is very fast, and could work, however I was hoping we can provide a formation that in one substitution will be a solution to sometimes useless 4-3-1-2

Robinho track back a lot and we'll feel his existence in the midfield more than in the attack, while playing Cassano as a midfielder his attacking instinct will get him moving a little bit upfront, and will probably end up very similar to the 4-4-1-1 Italy used in the 2006 WC.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Potential wrote:

Dude you think you are some kind of revolutionary or something ?Cassano as a 'fake 8' :facepalm:

Dont you understand that Fabregas is primarily a midfielder ?And considering Cassano's piss poor work rate and his evident inability to track back i simply dont see it as a possibility..I dont think Cassano is even good enough to fill the Trequartista role efficiently let alone playing him deep in midfield.. Laughing

Especially considering the Midfield is slow and less agile and requires quite a bit of tracking back to be done and which Boateng has been able to do providing constant defensive cover in midfield..

The only forward that can compliment the '1' in the 4-3-1-2 is Robinho as he he has had a fair share of success whilst being deployed there last season..

Well this lineup would have been a decent shout had it been a 4-2-3-1 with Robinho and Pato outwide and Cassano behind Ibra as it would prove fruitful against small teams..

But when you're playing quality opposition especially in the Champions League,That midfield is too slow and thin and will get run through like a train in my opinion..I'm sure Allegri wont do a Van Gaal playing players out of position.. Very Happy

Ideal Lineup..

4-3-1-2
Abbiati

Abate-TS-Nesta-Taiwo

Boateng-Van Bommel-Seedorf

Robinho

Ibrahimovic-Pato

I guess this is the most powerful and balanced lineup you can get imo..

I agree with your thoughts on Pato..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:13 pm

__________Abbiati

________Nesta___TS
_Abate______________Taiwo

______Cassano_Robinho
Pato_________________El Sharaawy
__________Ibra
__________Pippo

a 4-6...... Crazy? Or Revolutionary? Lets be inovators..

nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:16 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Potential wrote:

Dude you think you are some kind of revolutionary or something ?Cassano as a 'fake 8' :facepalm:

Dont you understand that Fabregas is primarily a midfielder ?And considering Cassano's piss poor work rate and his evident inability to track back i simply dont see it as a possibility..I dont think Cassano is even good enough to fill the Trequartista role efficiently let alone playing him deep in midfield.. Laughing

Especially considering the Midfield is slow and less agile and requires quite a bit of tracking back to be done and which Boateng has been able to do providing constant defensive cover in midfield..

The only forward that can compliment the '1' in the 4-3-1-2 is Robinho as he he has had a fair share of success whilst being deployed there last season..

Well this lineup would have been a decent shout had it been a 4-2-3-1 with Robinho and Pato outwide and Cassano behind Ibra as it would prove fruitful against small teams..

But when you're playing quality opposition especially in the Champions League,That midfield is too slow and thin and will get run through like a train in my opinion..I'm sure Allegri wont do a Van Gaal playing players out of position.. Very Happy

Ideal Lineup..

4-3-1-2
Abbiati

Abate-TS-Nesta-Taiwo

Boateng-Van Bommel-Seedorf

Robinho

Ibrahimovic-Pato

I guess this is the most powerful and balanced lineup you can get imo..

I agree with your thoughts on Pato..

Here is a picture about where Fabregas spends most time on the pitch against an opposition that attacks (Velencia vs Barcelona & Real Sociedad vs Barcelona)

Our most powerful players in our most powerful formation 4528c2de56e09e826d2055ae272e9467

Are you still convinced he plays as a midfielder?
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Very nice read, but we need to know first what are Allegri's plans for this team (playing wise), then we can suggest our best XI for that.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:11 pm

I've thought of the most un-Allegri-like formation that could be made...

The 3-2-1-4 "upside-down X-mas tree"...
Crazy...
Just crazy...

Ibra - Pato - Cassano
Robinho - El Shaarawy
v. Bommel
Abbiati

Tbh, I'd like to see this against a small club in the league. I bet we'd put 3+ past them without conceding.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:53 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Abiatti
MVB
Boateng - Seedorf
Robinho
Pato - Ibra

couldn't agree more
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Potential wrote:

I'll give you kudos for the imagination, but no. Just no.

Abate and Taiwo are FAR too attack-minded to be trusted in such a position, and with MVB the only DM in the entire line up, that's suicide.

Our squad already is susceptible to the counter, and having such a formation would ultimately result in Silva and Nesta all by themselves in defence if we were against a quick counter-attacking team.

In short, another Napoli 3-1 Milan.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:05 am

ACMRox wrote:
Potential wrote:

I'll give you kudos for the imagination, but no. Just no.

Abate and Taiwo are FAR too attack-minded to be trusted in such a position, and with MVB the only DM in the entire line up, that's suicide.

Our squad already is susceptible to the counter, and having such a formation would ultimately result in Silva and Nesta all by themselves in defence if we were against a quick counter-attacking team.

In short, another Napoli 3-1 Milan.

Not that I agree with Potential's formation, but aren't Nesta and Silva already all by themselves in defense? From what I've seen this year they're the only ones doing any defending (granted our fullbacks are helping out as well). Doesn't it seem odd that even though we're playing 2-3 defensive minded midfielders every game, none of them do much defending at all? Even van Bommel has been average this year. Hopefully after the international break our DMs will have the energy to pressure the opposition with the same intensity that they did last year.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:16 am

Abiatti
MVB-Ambro
Boateng -Aquilani- Robinho
Ibra
anybody 4-2-3-1? MVB looks too isolated and has hard time distributing the ball IMO!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by c_bernard10 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:40 am

Anything except for that slow, boring, long ball 4 3 1 2

c_bernard10
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:14 pm

The sad part is, with our best currently midfield available, we will still be overrun in the CL because of the combined slowness in Seedorf and Van Bommel, and I mean, if one uses his brain, there are not many midfielders at 35 who can cover ground well and fast at top level. Oh, and btw, was it just me who :facepalm: when Allegri subbed in Ambrosini against Juve, like that is gonna change anything 🐒

I expect at least 1 midfielder in January, or we will have troubles reaching CL.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I fail to see how playing Cassano in midfield would help keep possession. We aren't exactly Barcelona, who can press relentlessly and run off the ball constantly. Removing a ball winner like Gattuso and replacing him with a slow flair player like Cassano would not work. We would never have possession with two 35 year old midfielders and 4 attackers with atrocious work rates.

:facepalm:
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:14 pm

It's just that all mangers are afraid to experiment, we cannot press hard, but with enough creative force in the middle, we won't need to! it's the perfect formation for us, Robinho will play a little bit wide to the back, in which will give us the width needed, and attacking fullbacks will give us even more width, to allow Ibra and Pato to play in the middle.

Many argue that Cassano can't play in the midfield, however Cassano has proved more and more again, when he is pressed, and there is passing options around him, he'll make the best of it, therefore retaining possession in the way that Ambrosini can't and Gattuso can't. Two very creative force in the midfield with a working defensive midfielder (Van Bommel) with good passing, it'll separate the midfield and the defense, and therefore connecting the midfield with the attack, in which to bring the ball to either the midfield or the attack, we must pass the ball to a fast ball retaining fullback, which we still do even though we don't have any link between the defense, midfield or attack.

I hope Allegri test this formation anytime soon against maybe a midtable team. it'll end up very similar to 4-1-1-3-1 (4-2-3-1)with Pato and Robinho as attacking midfielders and Cassano behind Ibra.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:59 pm

There's something that commentators like to call a 'striker's challenge.' The prime offenders tend to be Ibra and Cassano.

The reason why Allegri uses Boateng as the attacking midfielder is that his work rate makes up for leaving two strikers up top constantly. His tracking back and pressing allows the strikers to remain in peak physical condition throughout the match. Using Cassano, Ibra, Pato, and Robinho as though they were Messi, Xavi, Villa, and Pedro is naive.

Your formation is even more reckless than Leonardo's 4-2-1-3 and would not be as attractive to watch as you are imagining in your head.

I agree that Cassano is great at holding up the ball. His close control is so good, that his teammates often rocket a pass to feet assuming that he can deal with it. He is not a midfield player, however, and Seedorf is much more suited to bring the ball out of defense.

I feel as though your post is a troll
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:19 pm

PinePHresh wrote:There's something that commentators like to call a 'striker's challenge.' The prime offenders tend to be Ibra and Cassano.

The reason why Allegri uses Boateng as the attacking midfielder is that his work rate makes up for leaving two strikers up top constantly. His tracking back and pressing allows the strikers to remain in peak physical condition throughout the match. Using Cassano, Ibra, Pato, and Robinho as though they were Messi, Xavi, Villa, and Pedro is naive.

Your formation is even more reckless than Leonardo's 4-2-1-3 and would not be as attractive to watch as you are imagining in your head.

I agree that Cassano is great at holding up the ball. His close control is so good, that his teammates often rocket a pass to feet assuming that he can deal with it. He is not a midfield player, however, and Seedorf is much more suited to bring the ball out of defense.

I feel as though your post is a troll

I am not trolling though :/

It's the fact that without Seedorf on the field, we have no solution to link midfield with attack or even defense with midfield. we all know that when Cassano is fit, he can emulate his Sampdoria vs Inter game, a game which he spent most of the time tracking back and controlling the game, in that specified game; he was often surrounded by three players immediately and even though he lost the ball twice the whole game, while passing an impressive backheels as well as amazing long range passes. it's for that specified reason that I don't doubt his ability to play as a midfielder, his passes are lost as an attacking midfielder or as a CF, his work rate at Sampdoria when fit was amazing that he ran mostly on the field, and he is the main reason Sampdoria clinched CL football!

His passing abilities and vision is lost as a CF (where Allegri mostly use him); and at his time at Roma, he did play as a midfielder with Totti in a bold formation where they played with three CF while Cassano and Totti being the main men to move the ball around the field. I am convinced he can play there and I am really hoping to see him play there someday, he would rarely lose the ball in the midfield and even if he doesn't track back, none of the current formation does except Boeteng, and when he was injured, we had none tracking back, in which we left Nesta and Silva in the defense alone.
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down