BeautifulGame
Messi
McAgger
Magricos
Harmonica
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 3 Empty Re: All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe

Post by Magricos Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:53 pm

windkick wrote:I'd change Giggs with Xavi

They should have a bench, where I would of put Giggs and Raul (Raul is amazing but not knocking anybody off that list)

Also no more Zidane talk, he only won 1 CL so no point of his name being mentioned here

This he only won 1 CL so he doesn't matter in this context and Grande Hierro wasn't Zizou's midfield partner.

Last edited by Magricos on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 3 Empty Re: All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe

Post by SaintJoe Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:29 pm

No Zidane?
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:38 pm

He can't be selected he only won 1.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:39 pm

Rijkarrd should probably be there though.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Oh right, only those who won multiple. A bit dumb then.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:24 pm

OMG Barcelona fans really get over yourselves, no way in HELL is Xavi getting over Giggs my God lol there is a certain point where your bias has to stop getting in the way
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:03 pm

The xcx wrote:
baresi wrote:Roberto Caros, Luis Figo, Raul, David Beckham, Fernando Hierro, Ronaldo, Makelele, all those played along side Zidane.

I am not getting into the argument if he is a great player or not, he is by all means, but I am commenting on "Zidane never had an solid partner to work with and expand the history of Madrid"
I meant that he didint have an solid midfield partner, The names you just enlisted dosent fall for that category, apart from figo, beckham, Hierro, Makelele, they were a apart of a midfield but I dont recall them being Zidanes cm duo . And beckham on the list? All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 3 1625187496
Idiocy

Let's not forget Guti / Solari shall we ? Surely they would be a tad bit more relevant than "Hierro". But overall..one of the more retarded claims I've had the pleasure of reading. Poor poor zidane..so misunderstood..so alone..

What great misfortune..to have to supply balls to one of the greatest centerforwards of our generation..to have to share the midfield with the likes of figo / guti / beckham / makelele. To have defensive security in the form of hierro/helguera.. To have the likes of carlos and salgado flying up the wings..to have raul waiting for a finish ! Oh the horror..oh the humanity. Surely this is the definition of a modern day footballing tragedy..

You sir..are a mongoloid ( no offense to mongoloids ). I've noticed so many of your posts before and I always wondered..why does this guy bother ?, but i figured you just saved your delightfully retarded snippets for us at the Barca forum . The claim that zidane had no partner to work with in Madrid..kinda sums it all up for me.

So..whatever helps YOU sleep at night xcx Smile
You carry on now..don't let logic and fact get in your way. Qualified reasoning is so overrated
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Solari was a winger. Zizou and Hierro only played 2 years together in which heplayed as a CB. Our problem wasn't attack it was defence. Can people at least try to stay on topic ?

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:46 pm

The Lizard King wrote:
The xcx wrote:
baresi wrote:Roberto Caros, Luis Figo, Raul, David Beckham, Fernando Hierro, Ronaldo, Makelele, all those played along side Zidane.

I am not getting into the argument if he is a great player or not, he is by all means, but I am commenting on "Zidane never had an solid partner to work with and expand the history of Madrid"
I meant that he didint have an solid midfield partner, The names you just enlisted dosent fall for that category, apart from figo, beckham, Hierro, Makelele, they were a apart of a midfield but I dont recall them being Zidanes cm duo . And beckham on the list? All time European Cup/ Champions League XI - L'Equipe - Page 3 1625187496
Idiocy

Let's not forget Guti / Solari shall we ? Surely they would be a tad bit more relevant than "Hierro". But overall..one of the more retarded claims I've had the pleasure of reading. Poor poor zidane..so misunderstood..so alone..

What great misfortune..to have to supply balls to one of the greatest centerforwards of our generation..to have to share the midfield with the likes of figo / guti / beckham / makelele. To have defensive security in the form of hierro/helguera.. To have the likes of carlos and salgado flying up the wings..to have raul waiting for a finish ! Oh the horror..oh the humanity. Surely this is the definition of a modern day footballing tragedy..

You sir..are a mongoloid ( no offense to mongoloids ). I've noticed so many of your posts before and I always wondered..why does this guy bother ?, but i figured you just saved your delightfully retarded snippets for us at the Barca forum . The claim that zidane had no partner to work with in Madrid..kinda sums it all up for me.

So..whatever helps YOU sleep at night xcx Smile
You carry on now..don't let logic and fact get in your way. Qualified reasoning is so overrated
If you dont like what I write, why dont you ignore me?..But lets keep insults to our selves mkay. I do give you credit, for bringing some good points, but hey agree to disagree. Nothing wrong what you said I suppose, we just understand football differently. Nothing wrong with that.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:48 pm

ali8775 wrote:OMG Barcelona fans really get over yourselves, no way in HELL is Xavi getting over Giggs my God lol there is a certain point where your bias has to stop getting in the way

How about this, Xavi vs Giggs in the CL finals = Xavi 2 cups and Giggs 0

Also look up that assist to Messi's header the first time they met, amazing stuff
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 pm

windkick wrote:
ali8775 wrote:OMG Barcelona fans really get over yourselves, no way in HELL is Xavi getting over Giggs my God lol there is a certain point where your bias has to stop getting in the way

Also look up that assist to Messi's header the first time they met, amazing stuff

you mean the finals you shouldn't have been in? :O
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:16 am

Xavi and Giggs are very very different players. Why compare them at all?

Could Xavi get in ahead of Seedorf?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 am

I'd have Casillas over Maier imo

Also Puskas > Van Basten

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:40 am

i am sorry, raul may not be the best striker ever or even the best of the last generation even though he was damn good but until messi catches up he is the greatest player of the cl era imo.. i mean he is the top scorer in the 'european cup/ cl' by a fair distance.. scored in two finals... surely should feature

and a case can be made for etoo too.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:32 am

diptiman wrote:i am sorry, raul may not be the best striker ever or even the best of the last generation even though he was damn good but until messi catches up he is the greatest player of the cl era imo.. i mean he is the top scorer in the 'european cup/ cl' by a fair distance.. scored in two finals... surely should feature

I think Messi has already surpassed Raul as best attacker of UCL-era. Sure Raul has most goals, but his conversion ratio and knockout stage % are pretty awful.

Goals overall Messi 39 - 71 Raul
Goals knockout stage Messi 18 - 18 Raul
Goals ratio Messi 0.66 - 0.49 Raul
Titles best scorer Messi 3 - 2 Raul (which the other were 3 way tie)
Titles champion Messi 3 - 3 Raul
Titles overall Messi 6 - 5 Raul

However there is no argument for Eto'o in this team.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Crimson wrote:I'd have Casillas over Maier imo
Not really. Sepp Maier won 3 consecutive CL titles and is a true legend. It's a pity the IFFHS World's Best Goalkeeper award only started in 1987, in his time he would collected some wins there, too, even though he was in the same time as one of my other classic faves Dino Zoff.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Tell me what is new? Arsenal fans insulting Barca fans...FYI its not only Barca fans saying Xavi should get in ahead of giggs, and they are not even playing in the same position....as for the finals Barca shouldn't get in, that is one of the stupidest statements ever, because you will find "what ifs" in every winner's campaigns...be logical

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 pm

diptiman wrote:i am sorry, raul may not be the best striker ever or even the best of the last generation even though he was damn good but until messi catches up he is the greatest player of the cl era imo.. i mean he is the top scorer in the 'european cup/ cl' by a fair distance.. scored in two finals... surely should feature

eto, as much as I loved him, and Raul cannot be compared to MVB and Muller, especially muller, who was like a RVN on roids

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:13 pm

Crimson wrote:I'd have Casillas over Maier imo

Also Puskas > Van Basten

Yes Puska > MVB, its between him and Muller for the best

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:27 pm

ali8775 wrote:
windkick wrote:

you mean the finals you shouldn't have been in? :O

How shouldn't we have been at the finals?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:33 pm

jiopsi wrote:

I think Messi has already surpassed Raul as best attacker of UCL-era. Sure Raul has most goals, but his conversion ratio and knockout stage % are pretty awful.

lol. Raul is for sure better than Messi, so far. Scored in 2 diff. finals, brilliant in knock-out rounds, didnt play in a team that kept 99% possession of the ball, but Messi can surely pass him in the future. My point is not yet.

Raul should be ahead of Giggs or Messi in this team.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:00 pm

Mr.Hendrix wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

lol. Raul is for sure better than Messi, so far. Scored in 2 diff. finals, brilliant in knock-out rounds, didnt play in a team that kept 99% possession of the ball, but Messi can surely pass him in the future. My point is not yet.

Raul should be ahead of Giggs or Messi in this team.
Messi has also scored 2 different finals, also scored one of the best goals ever in the competition. If you take less meaningfull group stage goals away, they have scored same amount of goals. I mean you could probably argue that both team would have advanced every time, them without even scoring group stages. Nevertheless it's my opinion, there is argument for Raul also in this team.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:01 pm

They should of added a bench imo. Would of saved allot of arguing and some guys should of got some recognition
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Cool

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Campione d'Europa - 7 Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:52 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Muller ahead of Van Basten

Suspect

Campione d'Europa - 7
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:21 am

.. messi and muller may be miles better than raul for all i care.. his conversion rate may be stupid or whatever.. but he is one of the greatest players of the cl and certainly the best striker and highest appearance maker.. so until messi or someone surpasses him

raul has to be on that list, just like klose could be on the wc list of all time teams
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next